TEXT

SHE CHANGED EVERYTHING.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the first time in a long time, her mind wasn’t fogged by the thoughts of Jeon Jungkook. If he was a forte, then Song Dohyun was adagio, pulling her into a dance that was moving like a work of Mozart at a slow and comfortable pace. 

 

She was learning a new genre. 

 

Park Chaeyoung was discovering a new song.

 

Usually, Park Chaeyoung would hate the way someone new could so seamlessly break through the barriers she’d taken years to protect, to forge their way into her life without effort. 

 

But for some reason, she feels something a little more than thankful towards him, though she doesn’t know what the feeling is, for sure.

 

Her pitched giggle is a combination of rustic yet soft, blending effortlessly into silence as she takes a moment to absorb everything that was happening. An attractive male was sitting less than a metre in front of her, only separated by a half eaten box of pizza and garlic bread with eyes that shone brighter than the moon that illuminated the dark backdrop. Park Chaeyoung isn’t thinking about the hundreds of muckraking that could possibly emerge from such an instance, not when she suddenly feels as though it’s the first time she’d ever smelled air so fresh. Come morning, she could be in the headlines for having a late rendezvous in her own personal rooftop terrance with a handsome stranger. 

 

But it almost felt like a scandal worthwhile. 

 

If he were trouble, then she didn’t want to play the part of the good girl any longer. 

 

“You must be a good drinker,” she assumes, a smile lifting across the side of her lips as though she were holding in a secret, “… since you work at a bar and all.”

 

He chuckles, shaking his head, “… you’re wrong, you know that.” 

 

“Is that so?” She’s almost challenging him, a smug smile painted across wine coloured lips, “… I don’t believe you.” 

 

“Actually,” he hesitates, eye-lids dropping as he takes another sip of the iced lemonade that was turning flat before looking up, peering through dark lashes, straight into hers to show case his sincerity, “… my father  was an alcoholic and I just saw everything that it did to my mother and just, seeing how much light it takes away from his eyes, I couldn’t…” 

 

“I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have said—”

 

He reaches his arm, firmly squeezing her kneecap before sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter