GENUINE

SHE CHANGED EVERYTHING.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cigarette stick dangles dangerously low, perched between her thumb and forefinger as she stares absently to the view over the balcony feeling the gush of cold wind against her cheeks. He can’t help but feel a burning relief to see her alone, though a part of him feels bad to see her in such isolation away from the party inside. Park Chaeyoung switches from the bright persona she was just moments ago in the award show, into tired features laced in her facial features. She’s ignorant to his presence for some time, until he belts out a chesty cough as he clears his throat, turning her head in a splash of annoyance to momentarily acknowledge his presence before turning her head back the other way. 

 

“That thing isn’t good for your voice,” he takes a few careful steps towards her, waiting until he’s close enough to pluck the cigarette from her fingertips to realise it was completely unused, “… I didn’t know you smoked.”

 

“We’re not on speaking terms,” her voice is like a cautionary sticker on a toy as she flicks the cigarette stick off his fingers, allowing it to fall in the ground between them, “… I don’t smoke, but after all the I go through I probably should pick it up soon.” 

 

“I’m sorry,” he realises his overdue apology at the sudden bitterness against her usually honey flavoured voice, “… I over reacted and may have come off as a bit of a douche to your boyfr—”

 

“May have? You weren’t a bit of a douche, you were a complete dickhead, Jungkook. Honestly, what is even going on with you nowadays?” Heels turn as she crosses her arms against her chest, rolling her eyes at him, “… what is your problem anyway? Don’t apologise, give me an explanation.” 

 

Perhaps, it would’ve been the right time to tell her about how he feels. 

 

But Jeon Jungkook was a master of concealing his true emotions.

 

“I know, I know please calm down Chaeyoung,” he attempts to lighten the mood, which only appears to aggravate the situation more. 

 

“Don’t you dare tell me to calm down, Jeon Jungkook,” she’s almost shouting now and he knows that there was a possibility that those inside could hear her from the party, “… start talking or I’ll start walking.”

 

If he were being honest, there wasn’t a single tinge of regret in his system regarding the way he’d treated Dohyun. He didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter