MISJUDGEMENT

SHE CHANGED EVERYTHING.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her usually adorn features wore a different shade as they’re being seated in the private room of the restaurant and he knows that she’s being vigilant when it comes to him. He deserves it, he thinks, considering the way his past actions had resulted in a wedge between their friendship and it perhaps didn’t help much that dispatch has been following idols a little more closely than usual. The tension is her expression release as she’s handed a menu, her attention suddenly moved into the various items and he can’t help but feel a blissful smile burning across his lips, almost in complete bedazzlement. He watches as her lithe figure straightens from its momentarily crouch state as she looks up at the waiter with a warm smile. 

 

“I’ll have a spaghetti carbonara and a sprite, actually maybe a lemon tea instead please,” she speaks warmly handing the menu back to the waiter before turning to Jeon Jungkook, “… what are you having?”

 

It’s only then that he realises that he hadn’t been paying attention, eyes widening as he quickly scans through the menu. 

 

“I’ll uh, have the same,” he saves himself quickly. 

 

“Don’t you want to have something different? We can just share and try something else then,” she leans over eagerly, looking at the menu in front of him, “… maybe the mushroom pappardelle?” 

 

Jeon Jungkook should’ve expected such an action, considering how often she’d used to force him to try something else when they were on better terms. He wasn’t the biggest fan of sharing dishes, but found himself doing it more when they’d eat out together. Of course, he doesn’t mind it as much when it’s with her. 

 

He nods, “… I’ll have that with the sprite, thanks.” 

 

The waiter confirms their order before disappearing from their sight and he can’t help but feel the nervousness unfurling from his fingertips onto his toes. She on the other hand, seemed to be in her own world of jubilation, making some comment that he can’t quite hear about how she hadn’t always been the biggest fan of pasta but that she’d been craving it for some time. 

 

“I know this is a big ask but can you please keep an eye on him if you see him around? I know you’re on different floors and departments and that you’re rarely even in the building with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter