INFLICTION

SHE CHANGED EVERYTHING.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s a gushing tension surging off her skin like an outpour of water, a flow of anxiety that resonates through her body as she carefully crazes slender fingertips against the few photographs that were sitting by furniture, eyes arithmetically straying away from him. It is, to him, an alien image, a foreign concept that his brain cannot properly articulate to see Park Chaeyoung in a state that is anything outside of her usual aura of equanimity. No matter the circumstance, the situation or the behaviour of those surrounding her, he hadn’t ever seen her in a posture that was anything outside of calm, collected and composed. 

 

Until that very moment. 

 

Which of course, only made him feel anxious about it all. 

 

He knows that he should break the silence between the pair, but he finds it an impossible feat considering how additionally nervous he was, on top of the way he usually felt when the pair were alone in his bedroom together. 

 

“I want to ask a favour of you,” her honeyed, mellow voice cuts through the difficult silence and he’s almost surprised to see how stable her voice suddenly turns, “… but I understand if you don’t want to, if it’s too personal, I mean.” 

 

Eyelids blink in anticipation, carefully watching as she finally gives him her attention, taking a step close to him. 

 

She’s hovering him now and as cliche as it is, he’s already finding himself somehow lost in her gaze and it’s hard for him to focus. 

 

It always had been like that. 

 

In fact, he doesn’t remember a time where the two were in his room and he didn’t think about how easy it would be for him to pull her into him and to just kiss her. Each time, he’d have to control himself. 

 

“Of course, anything you need,” he seems shocked at his own words, though the firmness in his tune, tells her that it’s a dangerous promise, one he intends to keep, “… is everything okay?” 

 

She lets out a heavy breath before taking a step closer, sitting carefully beside him. He notices that they’re a little more distance than she’s usually comfortable with. 

 

“I’m okay it’s just that I’m working on something with Yoongi, and he’s been absolutely amazing, I feel like I’m learning so much, I’m really grateful…” 

 

He doesn’t care.

 

Jeon Jungkook doesn’t want to know. 

 

He knows that his jealousy is irrational, but it seems like an inherent emotion that is truly out of his control. 

 

“I just wanted to know, if you could tell me about the time you were in love. I mean, I completely get it if you don’t, you know, but I’m meant to channel in some emotions and he was telling me that I should think about someone I’d dated in the past, and well, I don’t really have that experience. But I remember one of the boys saying you’ve dating quite a bit and well… you’ve talked a lot about being in love when you were drunk too.” 

 

His cheeks flush a deep rose at her wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter