DINNER

SHE CHANGED EVERYTHING.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fibres in his body tighten as he just watches, fighting the primal tendency itching in his core to run up to her and speak to her. She’s sitting by one of the chairs in the hallway of their agency, nervously tapping shoed toes against the firm carpet before jumping onto her feet at the sound of the nearby door opening, a gleeful smile painted across pomegranate lips as Song Dohyun walks out of the room with a bright smile of his own, arms wrapped around her in a warm gesture of sorts as they exchange words too distant for him to hear with his own ears. The muscles in his body burn in complete dissatisfaction, aching hard as they almost nag for him to interrupt the pair from the embrace, but Jeon Jungkook knows his place, that it isn’t his time to interfere as he usually would, to make his presence known. Neglecting the animalistic urge in his blood to walk over and throw a fist through the other gentleman isn’t something he was entirely used to doing, but given the circumstances, as well as the last few cases of contact between the pair, he decides that it’s the best course of action, or more accurately, inaction. He knows that he needs to turn an eye and walk before his natural instincts kick in, to act as though he’d never saw them in the first place, but his legs seem to have another plan of their own, staying planted in the ground just a few metres from the pair. Barely a minute passes when he notices the other gentleman turning, and he instantly regrets the way their eyes made contact because it suddenly becomes impossible for him to escape the situation. Song Dohyun taps a finger on the woman’s shoulder before turning his eyes to him. He hates it, he hates the way he can see the way the other man mouths ‘your friend’ to her and the way her eyes suddenly turn cold and hesitant. Song Dohyun doesn’t seem to notice, quickly parading his way towards him as he holds his hand out for a handshake. 

 

“Jungkook, right?” 

 

Jeon Jungkook despises the way his smile sits perfectly against bright facial expressions, though knows better than to show any sign of detestation given the way she’d reacted a few days prior. He nods, extending his hand out to the other. 

 

“It’s nice to see you too, Dohyun,” he speaks, momentarily considering pretending not to remember his name as an act of power, as though he hadn’t spent the last few days resenting those two syllables his entire life, noticing Park Chaeyoung making her way towards them, though a few steps behind the other gentleman as though she were uncertain about how civ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter