REASSURANCE

SHE CHANGED EVERYTHING.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s something clairvoyant about him, she thinks. At times, it almost felt as though there were some twine of yarn between the two, an unspoken pull towards each other and despite how hard she’d try to break through the knotted thread, they seemed to always end up affixed closer together. It was a force that was out of her own control and felt, to her, most ubiquitous in that moment, as they marinate in the silence, accompanied only by dim lights and a barely ready stage. It only takes a brief moment of time, as dark coffee toned hues clash against his own pigmented orbs, to know exactly what he was thinking. 

 

He’s wondering the same thing she asks herself every time she’s pulling him up through the stairs of the emergency exit, into his penthouse apartment.

 

And so, in the few moments she gets in serenity, in the gap of silence between him thinking and verbalising the question that was haunting him, she prepares for her poised demeanour. 

 

He asks her in perfect timing. She creates a mental countdown as she repeats, in her head, the words spilling from his mouth in a manner that is the complete antonym of blasé and she encounters him in return, with an extended oxymoron of sorts ; a collected, almost unfazed demeanour vocalising a brutally honest response. 

 

A woman like Park Chaeyoung, has prepared a response in advance, because without a doubt, her facade could be instantly shattered if she doesn’t come prepared. 

 

She’s vulnerable, yet reticent at the same time.

 

And of course, she dresses it modestly as a question, a defence technique of sorts, one that she’s certain he wouldn’t notice. 

 

She waits for his response, wondering whether he’ll make some sort of justification about how her name is near the top of his list, or how her number is still on his recents from the previous nights shenanigans. Perhaps, a part of her thinks she deserves the punishment of being told she isn’t special, but rather, another mode of convenience. 

 

He doesn’t. 

 

Jeon Jungkook meets her response with a skeptical nod, lips pressed tightly together as though he were fearing that his thoughts would pour between lips without his own consent, until that is, he finally breaks through the silence. 

 

“ I call because you’re the most important person to me. ”

 

Her gaze moves instantly, shock splashed across her usually composed expression as she raises a hazel tinted brow, lips parting slightly, though no sound moving from . 

 

“ … I know, it’s a little sick to say, but I guess it’s when I’m d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter