JEALOUSY

SHE CHANGED EVERYTHING.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She wears a sedated smile across her lips, eyes fluttering tiredly as though there were some kind of drug misting through the air. The smile booms as she turns to the taller gentleman, who seemingly seems like a foreigner amidst the pool of idols crowded around for pre-drinks before the Melon Music Awards. Some would consider it a death wish on ones career, to show up to such a formal event a little tipsy, but for him, it was more like a challenge. Her giggle can be heard even from the safe distance that he’s staring at her from, a little more rustic than usual due to the slight cold that was hovering her. He watches, as the other man takes off hooded jacket, putting it over her shoulders so that part of her creamy skin suddenly becomes concealed from the world. Roseate brims pout into a sheepish smile, before they part slightly in thanks for the gesture. While everyone else seemed occupied by cocktails and vodka shots, her fingers were dressed with a hot lemon honey tea, a self diagnosed medicine for the sore throat he’d heard from others that she’d been a victim to. Jeon Jungkook watches, like a detective in a suit as those who had gathered around her seem to egg on for her to take a shot in which she shakes her head, pointing at in a last minute plead to be let off the hook.

 

The other idols don’t seem as forgiving, continuing to push the shot glasses to her direction. 

 

To his surprise, he watches as the other taller stranger takes the shot for her, his facial expression scrunching the aftertaste marinates down his throat. Her eyes are marinating with concern, as she extends her drink towards him, offering some sort of relief from the bitter taste of alcohol. 

 

He takes it with complete sincerity, sheepishly smiling as he makes some sort of joke that he can’t quite hear, causing for a giggle to emit from her lips. 

 

Jeon Jungkook almost feels like an intruder, watching them from afar as a crippling sense of regret seems to bleed through his chest. 

 

“Is that him? The guy that you mistook for me the other night?” He finally pieces thing together, ignoring whatever conversations were occurring from the other boys as he remembers the way Alice mistakenly thanked him for delivering flowers and medicine to her sister during practice, as well as at hot tea deliveries at night, “… the one who she’d been spending time with on the rooftop with?” 

 

He turns, watching as the older woman presses her lips firmly together, as though she weren’t quite sure about what the appropriate response would be. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter