Chapter 7

Lisa Manoban, PA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa tapped her iPhone against the desk impatiently. One date, a bouquet, and a brief hello at the party. Would it be too presumptuous to call him and ask him how he was doing?

He was definitely interested. That was certain. But they hadn't really had a full conversation since the date.

Maybe she was over-thinking things. He was a top boss. He was busy. And she had been too busy to do anything but move boxes on the weekend. Of course they hadn't talked. She stopped tapping her phone and stared at it, willing it to ring with her mind.

"Good morning." She'd been so engrossed in her thoughts that Jennie's soft greeting made her jump.

Jennie was standing there. She had her laptop bag over one shoulder, and was clutching at the strap with both hands. She looked unsure of herself, like she wasn't sure if she had earned the right to say a polite Good Morning after the party on Friday.

Her hair wasn't tied up today. It is the usual laid down but today she had it softly curled into mini waves. Lisa had thought her hair was amazing before. Now it was fabulous enough to rival Hanbin's.

"Good morning," Lisa said.

Her hair was probably soft. Softer than Lisa's had been after Jennie had fixed it for her. And Lisa had a very strong urge to run her fingers through Jennie's hair, just as she had for Lisa.

She realized that Jennie was speaking, looking at the floor and still clutching her laptop bag like a lifeline.

"... just to take a look over it before I send it. If you want to. I think I might have come off a bit angry and I thought that maybe you would be able to fix it."

She was blushing.

"Of course, I can do it right now," she said. Jennie passed her a tablet. She'd been talking about an E-mail to Han, going over some of the points in the agreement. Lisa scanned it.

"There's a couple sentences here that sound accusatory," she said. She changed around them quickly. She thought she had a handle on Mr. Han now. It would be easy enough to talk him into what they wanted, but only if things were phrased correctly. Jennie's email was passionate, but that wouldn't be what won him over. "Here you go."

"Thank you." She gave a brief smile, grabbed her coffee cup and went into her office, hair swinging in time with her hips.

That was another thing, Lisa thought. She needed to get her head straight about Jennie. Now that Jennie was talking to her, and being so adorably awkward all the time, Lisa's libido was driving her nuts. That wasn't going to do at all – she needed to aim it at someone appropriate.

Like Hanbin, who had given her flowers meaning 'love at first sight' with an awkward precious mumbled explanation.

Of course, there were the roses Jennie had given her but Lisa was not going to let her mind go down that rabbit hole.

She huffed and flicked through her laptop, opening up the schedules to see what was on the agenda for the day.

There was another big meeting in the afternoon. She made a mental note to talk to Jennie beforehand, help her prepare herself for it, maybe. Certainly she had to explain that they weren't going to have any more 'sitting at the wrong side of the table' incidents.

She was considering this when she noticed the sidebar. It was always there on the schedule, but it suddenly reminded her of something.

I have magic scheduling powers.

She scrolled down past Jennie's name on the list of people she could alter schedules for, all the way to Kim, Hanbin.

He had two hours of unscheduled time at lunch.

Not anymore, Lisa thought to herself as she added a new appointment under the 'personal' heading.

Smiling to herself, she went back to Jennie's schedule.

Two minutes later, her phone buzzed with an incoming text. She grabbed for it, nearly dropping it in her haste to see the message.

Ur as subtle as a ton of bricks to the face.

Namjoon. Not Hanbin. She scowled.

What?

"Lunch with Ms. Manoban"? U just added it to his schedule.

Not trying to be subtle. It's called being romantic.

Romance? r u guys a thing?

Bug off. None of your beeswax.

He's EVIL. Run while you can.

Lisa pushed the silent button on her phone and shoved it back in her purse. Stupid Namjoon.

At ten-thirty, her desk phone rang. She picked it up, saying her normal "Hello, Ms. Kim's office."

"I couldn't reach your other phone."

"Hanbin!" She did her best not to squeal with delight. She settled on bouncing up and down on her chair in excitement. She heard him chuckle on the other end of the line.

"Nangjun tells me I have a lunch appointment with you?"

"Date," she said, firmly.

"Date?"

"Yup. We're going for a date. You had some free time and I used my godlike powers over all the schedules to make sure you spent it with me."

She could hear the smile in his voice, "where are we going?"

Hmmmm, good question. "I haven't figured that out yet." Another laugh.

"I'll let you surprise me, then."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

​​​​​

"...and then took the coffee and said 'thank you.' You know, I don't think she's really and Ice Queen. It's more like she has no idea what she'd doing with people. When she's going over the reports people send her, she's meticulous. Nitpicks every single thing, but it's because she cares so much about it..."

Hanbin had asked her how work was going. Ten minutes later, she was still babbling about Jennie.

To be fair, he didn't seem like he minded too much. They sat inside the cafe, watching the March rain poor down the window while staying comfortably cozy inside.

He laughed when Lisa told him about how klutzy she had been the previous week, but with an expression on his face that said "you're so cute" rather than "you're an idiot."

"She was really hiding in the bathroom?" Hanbin raised an eyebrow when she started in on what had happened after they met at the party. He sat a bit forward on his seat, like he couldn't believe his ears.

"It's like... like the party was too much for her. I don't think she ever really wanted to be CEO, not really. But her father died, right, and who better than his own daughter to take over?"

"I can see how that would be difficult."

Lisa took a sip of her drink. was dry after all that talking. Hanbin cleaned the last few crumbs off his plate.

"You won't tell anyone else, will you?" she asked, setting down the soda. It wasn't really her business, after all, to go telling other people about Jennie's problems, even if it was Hanbin. "I probably shouldn't even have told you..."

He took her hands across the table and met her eyes squarely with his own. "I promise," he said, seriously. Lisa smiled, relaxing.

He didn't release her hands, his thumb slowly caressing her palm. He was so sweet, she thought. It was amazing that just over a week ago she was about to be fired and now... life was so perfect.

He let go of one of her hands and pointed at the remaining quarter of her sandwich.

"Are you gonna eat that?" He asked.

She picked up the sandwich and shoved it in all in one go.

He stared at her in surprise. Her cheeks full of sandwich, she each of her fingers.

Hanbin snorted. She'd been going for tantalizing. But then again, her cheeks were full like a chipmunk.

"Ay ammich," she said around her mouthful. A few crumbs dropped out of .

Hanbin dissolved into laughter, clutching at his sides.

Lisa's phone beeped, her alarm for the end of her lunch hour. Oops.

"-eagh!" she yelped. She covered before more crumbs could drop, standing quickly.

"Weugh! -ee ou ayer!" She gave a little wave, still chewing her oversized mouthful.

Hanbin was still laughing, tears now leaking from the corner of his eyes. "Let's do this again!" He called after her as she bolted from the restaurant.

 

 

 

 

 

 

On Friday, she decided to do it again. Whistling as she bent the powers of the itinerary to her will, Lisa added "Dinner Date" to 7:30pm on Hanbin' schedule. That would give her enough time to get home and change. Maybe make her hair half decent for once. She even added a timer to her phone so she wouldn't forget about it. She was expecting Namjoon to message her, but by lunch time he hadn't.

Good. Finally decided to out of my business.

At 2:30, she got a message that the schedule had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter