Chapter 14

Lisa Manoban, PA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late and neither one of them wanted to say goodbye. Jennie was in a wonderful state of shock. This was really real, and Lisa was really there, in her arms, and she didn't even want to run away anymore. Any feeling of guilt or fear she might have had was driven away by the feeling of Lisa against her. All she wanted was to have Lisa wrap her arms around her and never let go.

And Lisa seemed completely ready to oblige. Jennie found herself curled up on the couch with her head on Lisa's shoulders and an arm wrapped around her waist. Her face was pressed against Lisa's neck. Lisa had her face buried in Jennie's hair.

The smell of Lisa filled Jennie's nostrils. She smelled so right. A comfortable smell; not perfume, just soap and essential Lisa-ness, but it was a sweet enough smell to be bottled as one.

Jennie closed her eyes, pulling her arm tighter about Lisa. Lisa's hand went to her hair, her brown locks. Jennie sighed, feeling more relaxed that she could ever remember feeling.

This is real.

Jennie had fallen asleep. Lisa smiled and kissed her the top of her head. Trying not to disturb her, she leaned over and grabbed the sleeping bag. She ped it as quietly as she could and pulled it over both of them like a blanket. After that long ordeal, she was ready to sleep out the night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie woke up first, pulled out of sleep by a long habit of waking up early.

Lisa has shifted in her sleep. No longer above Jennie, she has curled up below the red sleeping bag. She had her face pressed into Jennie's chest and on leg thrown over Jennie's. Jennie's face grew warm at this realization. She was caught between Lisa and the back of the couch and there was no way she could escape to her bedroom without waking up Lisa.

She knew she had made the right decision the night before. But the morning brought out a part of her still felt like she was doing something wrong and was afraid of how far this could actually go. Falling asleep on the couch was pretty innocent, but the feeling brought on by Lisa's leg resting on top of her certainly was not.

I think Lisa would be okay with that thought... It occurred to her suddenly and she blushed further.

Let's put that thought away for later, she told herself. Right now we're going to think about kissing, and how that's okay. Just kissing.

Lisa sighed in her sleep, her leg moving upward so that it was resting on Jennie's hip.

Think clean thought. Think clean thoughts. Oh, god, why does this keep happening...

She couldn't stand it anymore. She shifted so she was propped up on her arm. Lisa turned slightly so she her face was out of Jennie's s, but she still had her leg draped over Jennie.

Jennie poked her gently on the shoulder. Lisa gave a little snort.

"Lisa," she whispered.

"Hmmmm..."

"Time to wake up."

Lisa blinked, groaned and threw a hand over her face.

"Wake up," Jennie said. Lisa grimaced.

"Waking up is so overrated," she muttered sleepily. Her hand was still over her eyes. Jennie gently pushed it aside.

Lisa blinked again. Her eyes opened a slit and she peered at Jennie. Another blink.

"Good morning," she said shyly. The leg was mercifully withdrawn.

"Good morning," Jennie said.

Lisa pushed herself up, scooting backward to put distance between her and Jennie.

And fell off the couch.

"Whoop!" she shrieked. "Ow."

Jennie peered over the side. "Are you okay?" she asked anxiously. Lisa looked up at her, her face right below Jennie's, and grinned.

"I am so much better than okay." She reached up a hand to Jennie's hair that had tumbled over the side of the couch. "Hi."

Jennie smiled and reached down to run a finger over Lisa's cheek. "Hi."

Her heart was pounding. Gosh, Lisa was so beautiful, even with her bed head – or maybe even more so. Lisa took hold of Jennie's hand, gently running her fingers across Jennie's palm, making her shiver. Lisa was grinning as she sat up. She brought her face close to Jennie's, meeting her eyes before pressing their lips together.

This kiss... The sweetest, loveliest thing that she could imagine.

Jennie hadn't kissed very often. It had been such a long time, she couldn't remember what it had really been like to kiss Jisoo. And any time she had kissed a man since then, failed attempts to make herself be something she wasn't, it had felt wrong and forced... because it had been wrong. So wrong.

But kissing Lisa was a million types of right. Jennie felt like every cell in her body was coming more alive within her with every second of contact.

She drew back and Lisa followed, getting to her hands and knees on the floor to keep their contact. She shuffled so she was kneeling between Jennie's knees, her arms wrapped around her shoulders, drawing her closer. She felt Lisa's lips curve upward in a smile against her own as she tangled her hands in her hair. Lisa moved her lips away from Jennie's, kissing along her cheeks and neck, every tiny peck sending a jolt through her.

How can she do this to me? Does she even realize what effect she's having...

This kisses made their way lower, down to her collar bone. Jennie's breath hitched in .

Oh, god, save me...

Lisa's stomach rumbled loudly. Jennie decided that she would be more careful with what she asked God for as Lisa pulled away.

"Ooops," she said, "I think it's breakfast time."

Jennie chuckled, the sound more of a breathy huff as her nerves tingled pleasantly.

Well. That was... different.

She took another breath, pressing a hand to lips that throbbed from an unfamiliar use.

A good different.

"Ummm... do you want... uh... shall we eat?" she stammered.

Lisa stared at her for a moment before raising an eyebrow. For some reason, Jennie could feel a blush creeping up her neck. She stood up and wandered into the kitchen for something to do.

She knew she didn't have anything for breakfast. Normally she waited until lunch on Saturdays.

"It's too early for room service, but..."

She trailed off. She didn't even have milk in her fridge. Lisa bounded to her feet and came to look.

"We could go out, maybe..." Jennie suggested, biting her lip in worry. Lisa peered over the door, a frown marring her lovely face. She had not been prepared for a guest at all...

"I know! " Lisa said so suddenly that Jennie jumped. "Come to my place. I can make us breakfast. Pancakes. Do you want pancakes? You'll like my pancakes. I make really good pancakes."

Lisa's face was shining with excitement, like she would like nothing better in the world than to make Jennie pancakes.

"I would love some."

 

 

 

 

On the car ride to her place, Lisa kept her hand on top of Jennie's on the gear shift, fingers gently brushing the back of her hand. She just wanted to touch Jennie constantly, now that she could. Her skin was so soft. The memory of their kisses was enough to send her heart racing.

If her stomach hadn't rumbled there was no telling how far she would have gotten.

As far as she'd have let me. She trailed her fingers up Jennie's wrist,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter