Chapter 16

Lisa Manoban, PA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        Kissing Jennie was becoming... intense. Not in a bad way. Never in a bad way. But definitely in a way that had slid right past kissing, sauntered its way through making out and was setting a direct course for 'y fun times'. Lisa was aware, somewhere in the back of her mind, that they were somewhat out of control. Morning hellos were getting longer, and Jennie was getting bolder with each day.

"Lisa..." Jennie said. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Lisa could hear the phone ringing.

"Mmmm?" She wasn't really listening to Jennie's plea or the phone. She had just discovered how very extra sensitive the place just below Jennie's ear was, giving tiny nips that made Jennie's breath catch and her fingers curl.

"You should... answer the phone..." Jennie's fingers were trailing over Lisa's skin, underneath her shirt. Lisa really didn't care about the phone at that moment. She had her hands in Jennie's hair, touching its luxury and probably making a huge mess of it. She tried Jennie's earlobe. The hand at her ribs twitched involuntarily. The phone gave another ring.

"Don't... make me be the responsible one..." The hands withdrew and Jennie pulled back from Lisa's administrations. She pointed a trembling hand at the ringing desk phone.

She pouted at Jennie, but reached for the phone. "Ms. Kim's office," she said into the receiver. She followed Jennie with her eyes as she made her way to her office. Jennie had gone with a skirt today, taking advantage of the warm weather to show some leg.

Smooth, perfect legs.

She shook herself mentally, realizing that someone was speaking on the other end of the line.

"Sorry – I didn't quite catch that."

"Mr. Han would like to change his meeting today to 10:30 a.m.," the man said on the other end, sounding annoyed. "I tried reaching your office yesterday to confirm this-"

"I apologize," Lisa said, cringing. "I must have missed the message."

She hadn't missed it. She'd gone to ask Jennie about it and gotten... distracted. She pulled up the schedule.

"I can fit him in for 11," she said.

"If that's the best you can do."

"Thank you." She hung up and entered it into the schedule.

"Meeting with Han is at 11," she shouted so that Jennie could hear her from her office. The door was open still – it had tickled her to no end when Jennie had left it open for the first time earlier that week.

"Ack." She heard Jennie say. "Do I have to be there?"

Lisa chuckled. "I think so. Something about you being the CEO."

"Fine, but he better not hit on you again."

Lisa went back to her work, a silly grin on her face. They hadn't really explicitly said they were item, they hadn't talked about updating Facebook or anything, but she was Jennie's and Jennie was hers as surely as the sun rose in the morning. And if the previous week and a half were anything to go by, this relationship was going to stick. Maybe forever.

Stop that Lisa, she chided. Sometimes her head was far too full of fairy tales for her own good. She was thinking about forever already, which was silly. She shook her head and opened up her email.

But, then again, things did seem to be going along at a break-neck pace. A week and a half from trembling kisses to making out in the office was no small leap. She knew Jennie was still a bit hung up on the idea of , but at this rate they would be going at it like-

No, really, you can stop thinking like that. She sighed and stared at the list of messages on her screen, putting the mental image of a red-cheeked, half-dressed Jennie leaning against her desk away for another time. Jennie was still shy about the relationship, insisting that it remain private.

Lisa didn't like it, but she could understand it since many of the people at the company were her father's people. Jennie couldn't know how they would react to her being queer. And Jennie's image, the one they were working so hard to build up, was everything.

But that didn't mean they could be coy about it with each other. Even if Jennie wasn't ready, she didn't want any hasty decisions to be made while they were in the middle of pulling each other's shirts off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        When Mr. Han arrived for the meeting, Jennie was waiting for him. Lisa didn't even have to bribe her to come out of her office – she just followed Lisa to the room and watched her set up, reviewing her notes. Lisa didn't say anything, though. She felt like if she pointed out that Jennie wasn't waiting until the last minute that she would break the spell.

Mr. Han, however, gave a double start when he saw Jennie sitting there.

"Good morning, Mr. Han," Jennie said with a polite smile. She stood and extended a hand for him to shake. "I'm sorry that we couldn't fit you in earlier."

"Oh – not problem at all," he replied, recovering quickly from his shock. He smiled at Lisa.

"A pleasure, as always, Ms. Manoban." He sat down across from Jennie, his aids taking up their preferred positions beside him and setting up their laptops. "Are you ladies enjoying the warmer weather?"

"Very much so," Jennie said. She had her hands folded on the table in front of her, but she wasn't twitching. So far so good, Lisa thought.

"I am as well. I was so excited for spring I wet my plants!"

The two assistants face-palmed at the same time. Lisa laughed out-loud. Jennie gave an appreciative smile.

Jennie let Mr. Han ramble for a while longer – it was some advice Lisa had given, and she was glad Jennie was following it. The older man was fond of his stories and his banter, and letting him get it out of the way was likely to make him more open to listening to the further changes Jennie was making to the contract.

He was in the middle of telling yet another story about his father when he stopped and gave a sigh. Jennie's eyebrows were furrowed as she looked at the tiny man.

"It must be difficult for you," she said suddenly. Mr. Han looked at her curiously. "The merger, that is. Your company is such a large part of your family history."

It was an oddly astute comment for Jennie. Mr. Han gave a small smile. "That it is, Ms. Kim," he said with another sigh. He stared out the large windows for a while, apparently lost in thought. Jennie looked over at Lisa, her face now worried. Lisa gave two thumbs up in her lap, under the table.

"I suppose we should get down to the matter at hand," Mr. Han said. "We have the matter of employees to discuss, specifically those jobs which will become redundant or doubled." He pulled out a stack of paper.

"I have a list of people from the departments we discussed last time," Jennie said, pulling up her own notes. "I consulted with the heads, particularly of marketing and legal resources, to figure out their needs and recommendations. There are a few cases where it was suggested that we will need to grow those areas and we would, of course, wish to incorporate as much of your staff as possible."

Lisa took notes, her mind wandering to the first meeting she had attended between these two.

She had to hide a grin at the memory of wheeling Jennie from one end of the table to the other.

But more than just convincing Jennie to do certain things she could see that the brunette was becoming engaged in the process, putting more of herself into her job. It was better than anything Lisa could have hoped for, and it was moments like these that made her sure that Jennie really would be keeping her position. There was nothing standing in her way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Did you do something to her?" Mr. Han asked, coming up to Lisa after Jennie left the room at the end of the meeting.

"That's the second time I've been asked that this week," Lisa said. She gave a quick glance at the door Jennie had just left though, giving an indulgent smile. "But no, all I do is help her prepare. She does the rest on her own."

"You know, up until today..." He shook his head. "Well, your preparations must be really something. If I didn't already have two very able assistants, I'd be asking you to move to my office!"

Lisa gave a polite smile. "That's very kind of you."

He actually bowed at that. "Have a good afternoon, Ms. Manoban. Come along," he barked at his assistants. Lisa watched him to the elevator then skipped back to the office. Jennie, she decided, deserved a reward for that meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wednesday. Call of Duty. It was everything Jennie lived for.

Except for when it wasn't.

"Shouldn't..." Kiss "you..." kiss. "go..." kiss "online."

Lisa tried pulling herself away scooting back on the couch. Jennie whined and pulled her back for more kissing.

"Do you want to explain to Hoseok what we were up to?" Lisa finally said.

Jennie pouted and said some impolite things about friends who didn't understand how very important kissing Lisa was.

Lisa giggled at her grumblings and moved herself to the far end of the couch, nestling against the arm. Jennie wanted to protest, but she knew full well that if she played with Lisa sitting next to her she would probably end up hitting her in the face while flailing around. Then Lisa laid out her legs and held up her arms, making a spot for Jennie. Jennie smiled and scooted up next to her, laying with her back against Lisa's stomach. She pulled on her headset and the console.

"Jennie! You took forever and we thought you had been bedridden with fever!" Hoseok said as soon as she got in game.

"We agreed that you were bedridden. I never thought it was with fever," Jin corrected.

Jennie felt her cheeks warm and she shot a furtive glance over her shoulder. Lisa was using the tips of her fingers to draw her purse closer, trying not to jostle their comfortable position. Jennie was very glad that Lisa couldn't hear what was being said on the headset.

"You two always overreact," Jennie said, carefully choosing her words. She tilted over the side of the couch and helped pull Lisa's bag towards them. Lisa retrieved her phone.

"Let's just play already," she said, before Hoseok and Jin could talk about beds again while she was sitting between Lisa's thighs.

Lisa played phone games while Jennie swore at a snarky twelve-year old who thought he was being funny. She, Hoseok, and Jin pulled off their usual flawless victories.

Jennie wasn't lost in the game as much as she normally was, though. Lisa's left hand was trailing absently across her neck, playing with her hair. And she could still feel the throbbing heat that had flowed through her from their make-out session.

She wondered if it was the result of fifteen years of pent up uality all trying to get out at once. That was probably it. She had been suppressed for so long that, now that she was letting herself go, it was like a dam had burst. It was wonderful. And terrifying.

Despite Lisa's strict no-pressure policy, Jennie was very aware of the looming question of .

Kissing and cuddling and running hands across bare skin was all very well, but it felt like it should lead to something and that it never quite got there. Jennie was familiar enough with romance novels to know what that something was.

They normally played Call of Duty for hours, but it was barely two hours later that Jin coughed into the mic.

"Think it's time we called it."

Hoseok groaned into his mike. "Come on, one more game."

Jennie should have protested, but her heart hadn't been in it. And Lisa still had a hand playing with her hair.

"I think Jennie has some other stuff to get to," he said pointedly.

"What?" Hoseok asked, confusion plain in his voice. "But it's only ten o'clock and she never has work on Wednesday."

"Not work, Hoseok."

"Then what?"

"I'll tell you when you're older." Jennie laughed into her mic at Jin's deadpan.

"We’re not even that far in age!"

"Night, guys," Jennie said. She pulled of the headset, grinning at the silliness of her boys.

"Done already?" Lisa asked. She wrapped her arms around Jennie and nuzzled her face into her shoulder.

"I think Jin thought we needed quality time."

"Mmm, can't disagree," Lisa said, planting a kiss at her nape.

"So what shall we get up to?" Jennie asked, trying her best to go for a sultry voice. She may have achieved lewd.

It was somewhat alarming when, instead of giggling or giving her more neck kisses, Lisa cleared . "Actually," she said, voice betraying something that sounded like dread, "I needed to talk to you about that."

 

Uh-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter