Chapter 19

Lisa Manoban, PA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lisa..." Jennie prodded Lisa's back. Lisa slept like the dead, which was impressive because of how loudly she was snoring. It was like a construction crew had invaded Jennie's bedroom and was set to making the CN tower.

There was no response to her prodding except a snort. Jennie gave a harder shove, pushing Lisa onto her side. "Lisa!"

Lisa turned over suddenly, hitting Jennie in the mouth with her elbow.

"Ouch!" Lisa shouted while Jennie yelped at the sudden pain. "My elbow!"

The whack had made Jennie's head vibrate and her bottom lip shoot with pain. She covered with her hands, whimpering.

Everyone warns about STI when you sleep with someone, not about potential battle wounds.

"I think my mouth got the worse deal," she whined. Was she bleeding? She tasted the inside of her lip where it had been smashed against her teeth. No blood. That was good. She didn't want to explain a bloody lip at work. She wasn't sure what would be worse, telling people that her girlfriend could sleep through an earthquake and waking her up was like poking an uncoordinated cobra, or just lying and saying she had gotten in a fistfight with some bikers over territory.

Lisa sat up, still groggy and cradling the offending elbow. Jennie scooted back, wary of further unexpected strikes. Lisa blinked at Jennie a few times before seeming to realize what had happened.

"Sorry," she said meekly. She reached out to touch Jennie's chin, the sheet falling off of her. She turned Jennie's face so she could inspect the damage. "I don't think you'll have a bruise."

"It still hurts," Jennie said, petulant, though the pain was already fading. She was being distracted by Lisa. They hadn't bothered with pajamas the night before.

Lisa smirked and lent over, planting a gentle kiss on the spot. "There," she said. She kept her face close to Jennie's, her hair falling like a curtain around them both. "I kissed it better."

"Still hurts." Not really, but Jennie didn't care as Lisa kissed her again. And again. She moved her lips all over Jennie's face, planting kisses on her nose and cheeks and brow, moving down to her neck and that little spot behind Jennie's ear.

She was already responding to the touches, heat growing between her legs and the desire to pull Lisa up against her bare skin. She gave a shivering gasp when Lisa gently nipped the spot, turning her head and...

Seeing the clock.

"No... wait. We need to get to work," Jennie protested. Dammit. Work. Why did it have to keep happening? She had just spent another wonderful weekend with Lisa and now she had to put on clothes.

Lisa buried her face in Jennie's neck, her voice coming out muffled as she said, "I could change the schedule. Take out the meeting with foreign manager and replace it with 'have hot with Lisa'." Jennie laughed, but it came out breathy.

Really tempting.

Lisa had scheduled that meeting with a pompous, insufferable business partner from Germany.

It was technically something she could delegate, but Lisa had insisted that the more she did personally, the better her image would be.

Lisa snuggled closer, throwing a bare leg over Jennie's equally hip and running her fingers up and down her sides.

Jennie's hands moved to Lisa's , almost like she had no control over them. over the and cupping them. They fit her hands wonderfully. Touching Lisa was almost enough to make her forget that there was a meeting with the board in the afternoon...

.

She groaned and gently pushed Lisa back. "We have that board meeting this afternoon," she said. She might as well have a meeting with a guillotine for all she was looking forward to it.

"You said yourself that this meeting would make for a good report."

Lisa grimaced, but pulled back, withdrawing the straddling leg. "Fine." She said. "I'll get out of bed. But only for you."

Lisa rolled out of bed, nearly pulling the covers with her. It had been two weeks since the first time, and Jennie was still not over the sight of Lisa . Her hips swayed gently as she walked to the other side of the room. Jennie sat up a little to appreciate her rear as Lisa bent over to search for clean underwear.

There was now a bag of her stuff and a number of hangers with blouses and dresses in front of Jennie's closet that Lisa had brought over – after the visit with her mother, Lisa was taking no chances by wearing Jennie's clothes out of the house.

Lisa had a pair of in one hand – wonder woman again - when she pulled out her phone her phone. She looked at it for a minute, the screen casting a dim glow on her face in the low light of the curtained room.

"What the ery?" Lisa yelped loudly, jolting Jennie out of her lustful stupor.

"Huh?" she asked stupidly.

"There's an email from Mr. Yang, asking for confirmation of your attendance at the board meeting this morning?"

"You mean this afternoon?" Jennie asked. Panic flared within her gut. She knew it was scheduled for the afternoon. She had checked at least three times yesterday. Lisa flicked through the phone as she stood, muttering as she went through her email.

"Oh... dammit..." she swore. She turned the phone around so Jennie could see. There was another email from Yang, stating a change in the meeting at the board office to 8:45am.

Jennie looked at the clock. Eight AM.

"Oh my god, Jennie, I'm so sorry. I didn't check my email all weekend – this is from Friday, too. I should have checked it. I'm so stupid sometimes. But I was just so caught up in us that I didn't think about work all weekend."

Jennie was frozen on the spot with fear, her mind running blank from sheer terror as Lisa prattled.

"He's making snide remarks about how you missed the last meeting... sounds like a last minute decision to change it around. Come on Lisa, think think think. Okay. I can go to the meeting with the bigwig. You can't miss the board meeting, not again. I'll tell them that you send regrets, but are ill, and then charm them so they don't get upset. You go rock the board meeting and we'll meet up for lunch."

The plan was only somewhat reassuring. She had been counting on lunch to review her notes with Lisa. "They want me to show I'm a good CEO right? Why are they actively sabotaging me?"

"They're not sabotaging you, these things happen," Lisa replied, her voice placating. She climbed halfway onto the bed, cupping Jennie's cheek to give her another sweet kiss. "You'll do fine. Now, I suggest we make use of that fabulous shower of yours to get ready for the day."

Jennie smiled and slipped out of bed, following Lisa to the bathroom. She could do this. She could get through the meeting, even if it was at a different time. As long as she had Lisa -

 

 

As Lisa the water, spraying them both with the first chilly blast, Jennie's jaw dropped.

"What?" Lisa asked.

"You won't be at the meeting with me?" She couldn't keep the despair from her voice. There was no way she was going to survive this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I cannot do this. Her fingers slipped on the keys of the Hopeberry under the table as she sent the text. She was sitting in the meeting. Yang, as chair, was giving a speech. He was long winded as always, talking about the kind of commitment that the company needed from her. He wasn't saying anything new, but Jennie knew that once he finished she would have to give her response. Lisa had gone over the notes with her during breakfast before running off to the hotel. She knew exactly what she had to say.

But everyone in the room was stony faced and uninviting. Her hands were sweating and she was tense through her entire body from nerves. She couldn't do this without Lisa there. She couldn't.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter