CH. XV

friends doesn't kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soft wind breeze enveloped the atmosphere between Chaeyoung and Jennie, both are quietly and subtly enjoying each other's company despite the comfortable silence, Chaeyoung thought that it's time. It is time.

 

"It's getting late but there's one more thing I prepared for you," Chaeyoung rambled proceeding to get her acoustic guitar from the corner as she settled on the seat in front of Jennie, plugging the guitar on her very own medium-sized marshall amplifier.

 

"Are you-," Jennie trails off.

 

"Playing and singing for you, yes," Chaeyoung cut off her question, letting out a nervous chuckle. Jennie could only do nothing but anticipate for the following moments, she doesn't know why but it seems so nice—to have someone sing for her, but couldn't quite put it off as to why she's also feeling nervous at the same time.


Chaeyoung began plucking the first strings for the intro, proceeding off to strum the C-chord after. Now the first melodies play, Jennie instantly knew the song–it’s one of the classics, classic by the legend Elvis Presley. Even though it was released long long years ago, the greatness it possessed never got old. It became more sincere and romantic over time, suiting Chaeyoung's type of music. 

 

 

Chaeyoung recalls the first time she realized she is in love with Jennie four months ago, she was walking alone around the streets of Hongdae trying to find the perfect store to buy the members a present for their 2nd year anniversary, and suddenly, walking back home, she thought of visiting her favourite vinyl store. Can't Help Falling in Love was playing, sure, she heard the song before and thought how great, how nice it would be to fall in love. 

 

But when she heard that song right at that moment, She knew, there was now a person making her heart pound in happiness. The person who first came into her and stole her mind for that night?

 

Jennie.

 

And so, Chaeyoung began singing.

 

Wise men says,
Only fools rush in,
But I can't help falling in love you.

 

Chaeyoung's soft and enthralling voice filled the soft atmosphere with the strings of her guitar under her finger, Now isn't the time for her to be nervous because when it comes to music, It is never the time. She's one with music. Chaeyoung felt pouring all her thoughts, her heart in the song to make Jennie decip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter