CH. XII

friends doesn't kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung has ten more days.


"Sweetie, this tasted better than I expected," Her mom blurts out, tasting the galbi-tang a short ribbed-soup which primarily contains varieties of stewing beef, radish, and onions. Chaeyoung's surprised she's made it this far, (not burning the kitchen down) without any professional help. It''s mostly her mom that gave her tips and YouTube videos that helped her. 


"Really?" Chaeyoung says, joy evident on her voice. Chaeyoung's excited to let Jisoo and Lisa taste her cooking. 


"Yes, really, you gotta let your dad taste this when he comes home in Christmas," Her mom assured, giving a proud smile to her daughter. Her mom knew about Chaeyoung's plan with Jennie, but her dad doesn't, yet.

 

"You've barely touched any kitchen wares, and now you're even cooking and setting the stove on, aigoo~ just how fast the night changes," Her mom says bit too emotional, bringing her hand to wipe off non-existent tears on her eyes. Chaeyoung wanted to do nothing but cringe.


"All this for one girl," Her mom added, eyes dwelling of happiness, and at the same time worriedness, she was looking at Chaeyoung like she's a grown up adult.


"Chill mom, I'm not getting married yet! Oh my gosh, don't cry," Chaeyoung remarks as she quickly ran up to her mom who was now tearing up like a mother who doesn't want to let go of her child.


"We were into cooking, mom, why are we crying again?" Chaeyoung chuckles as she wrapped her mom in a hug, kissing her cheeks at the process. They've never had moments like this because she has mostly spent her time with her dad— a daddy's girl for short when she was younger. But now it's her dad that's busy for work overseas—australia, and it's her mom that's beside her.


"You're growing up," The sobs getting louder, Chaeyoung didn't know if she'd cry or laugh, but she chuckles lightly. Patting her mom's back to calm her down.


"Okay okay, where are we again?  What're your plans for Jennie?" Her mom quickly changed the topic,  fixed herself straightening her blouse, as she brought a tissue on her hand to clean off the stray tears on her face.


"Hmm, Jisoo unnie and Lisa wanted to keep it simple, they say i take her on a date on the afternoon with the foods I cooked, then bring her to a place where you could see the city go in motion," Chaeyoung talks animatedly, smiling at the thought.


"talk for a bit, and dance," Chaeyoung continues.


"and there goes the nervous part—ask her to be m-my.,.."  Chaeyoung stutters.


"Girlfriend?" Her mom finished off her statement.


"Y-yes," Chaeyoung was nervous and uncertain, and anxious.


"Mom, what if she doesn't? want t-to?" Chaeyoung thinks of the possibility, her thoughts  bringing a frown down on her face.


*Slap*


"Aw! Mom! What was that for?" Chaeyoung brought her palm to touch her cheek. 


"That was for being too negative, and this is for being too much of a fool!" Her mom lectured as she flicks Chaeyoung's forehead after.


"Fool because you can't see how she's into you, Chaeyoung i didn't raised you to be this blind," Her mom adds. Chaeyoung now has this foolish smile on her face.


"She'll say yes," Said her mom as she bids her goodbye to Chaeyoung.

-


"Wow chaeng~ This tastes so good! Did you order this or something?" Lisa praises as soon as she got a taste of the soup, it's her favorite and this might be the best one she's tasted in seven years in Korea.


"I cooked that, my mom helped me!" Chaeyoung brags proudly, Jisoo smiles at the interaction and scooped a bit of soup with her spoon and brought it to .


"You've improved," Jisoo claps her hand, over the past days, Chaeyoung's cooking were too salty but now it's definit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter