Chapter 2

Elements (jenlisa)

Jennie's POV

I have my earphones in and my music blasting my ears out. I'm not using my phone because we can't bring them to camp so I'm using my dad's. My window was rolled down and the wind whips my hair, I rub my hand over it to calm them down. Out in the distance I see a broke down camp sign, it looms tall over the trees.

"Almost there." My dad says to me, I smile.

"Yeah, I'm really pumped." I admit, he pulls through the wood beams and into a parking lot.

"Well, this is it!" He says, getting out of his car. "The rest is walking."

I groan, slipping out of my seat and onto the street. I grab my string bag before closing the door. "Walking? You're kidding right?"

"Nope, no funny business around here. But I'll help." He explains, grabbing a suitcase of mine. I move to the back of the car and grab the last one. I make sure my string bag is secure on my back before following my father up the trail.

"Is the camp just up this trail?" I ask, My dad nods his head yes.

"Yeah, it is. Then I'll leave you and let you get your cabin."

I mentally slap myself, I forgot about sharing cabins! "Dad, I forgot, how many people per cabin?"

"Five." He replies shortly, I groan again.

"So, I'll be sharing a cabin with four other girls?" I ask.

"That's what I said, right?" He laughs to himself. We walk together up the hill. Trees get lost behind us. Everything is covered in growth; it's beautiful. The canopy of the trees blocked out the sunlight, but some trickled in anyway.

I recognize the tall, wooded post for the camp. The one I saw in the car. The sign that was attached to the tall beam read in bold, engraved letters: 'Camp Hunt'. I roll my eyes at the name, what are we going to be doing here? Hunting? Once my father and I reach the top of the trail, a path came into view. The path is lined with yelled flowers, it lead to a small, wooden building. A line of people was coming from the propped open door, I stood at the end of it.

"This is where I leave you." My dad says to me, he heads me the suitcase he was carrying. "See you on the first week of September!"

I wrap him into a hug, he chuckles softly. "See you later, dad." I say to him. We let go of each other. I wave to him as he backs away down the trail. I turn forward and twiddle my thumbs. The line inches forward, the grab my bags and move closer to the other people in line. Soon it's my turn next, I read the words printed on the door in blue. They read: 'Camp Director'. Director? Does the person think this sounds cool? It doesn't. I walk into the small cabin. The walls are lined with wooden poles, tables are placed everywhere. The room is filled with the sounds of chatter. I notice a older lady gesturing me over to her. I smile to her and walk over.

"Hello," the old says, she smiles at me. "Name?"

"Jennie, Jennie Kim." I say, she nods and flips through the papers on her desk. She raises her eyebrows and pulls one single sheet out. "Here it is. It has your cabin number in it."

"Thank you"

I nod and take the paper from her hands. I glance at the information on it. Nothing interesting except information about me and my family. The number is printed in bold font on the top of my paper. That must be my cabin number.

I turn to leave the cabin when the lady says my name. "Jennie".

"Yeah?" I look over to her.

"I forgot, at five o'clock is dinner and at six thirty today is the camp rule campfire. Don't be late." The lady reminds me, I nod and leave the house.

13, 13, 13, I repeat in my head while counting each cabin sign. None of the cabins were actually on the path, they were all pushed back into the forest. A trail lead to where each one was. I finally reach my cabin number, I stare down the trail. Tall, droopy trees line the pathway, dust swirls gently on the ground. I shudder and walk into the dim light. Whist walking I hear sounds, they sound sad and lost. I choose to ignore them and pin it all on the owls. After a while of trotting down the lonely path I reach a medium sized cabin. It has a green roof made of painted wood and the walls are made of stacked wood. There is two windows, one of each side of the door. The door was, again, made of wood. The door read the engraved number 13.

I walk to the door and push it open. Warmth hits my body, it feels nice. Even though it's the summer it's still really cold, the air has that autumn chill to it. Three other girls are already in the cabin, they look towards me when I walk in. I close the door behind me and sheepishly wave. One of them smiles and they go back to unpacking. One of the girls with cute chipmunk cheeks walks past me.

"You can pick whatever bunk, just don't sleep under Lisa. She snores." The girl says, smirking slightly.

"I do not snore!" Yells a tall gorgeous girl. She has straight blond hair with bangs. She wears a simple yellow sweater that is too big for her.

"You do too!" The girl for before hollers back.

The blonde girl scoffs and continues to unpack. I glance at her again, then I wander over to a bunk. I choose the bottom one, I'm way too lazy to climb up that ladder every morning and night. I set my suitcases on the mattress. My bunk is the closest to the back of the cabin. The cabin is otherwise empty except for the bunks. There is a bunk on each wall that doesn't have a door; so three bunks. I notice there isn't any light source, I become quickly relieved that I packed extra blankets.

"Hey," a melodic voices says from above me. It's the blonde beauty. "You pick the bunk under me anyway! I'm Lisa by the way."

I smile as she climbs down the ladder. Once her feet hit the cold floorboard, which is also made of wood planks, she turns to face me. She has amazing brown eyes, they reflect creamy hot chocolate.

"I'm Jennie." I say, sticking my hand out. We shake hands and she smiles.

"Oh, yeah." Says a cute voice form across the cabin, it's the chipmunk girl again. "I'm Rose."

"I'm Yeri!" Yells a bright, happy voice from a bunk above Rose's. A short, pretty girl climbs down the ladder. "It's nice to meet you, Jennie." She adds, I smile.

I pull my blanket from my first suitcase, I lay it onto my bed. Lisa climbs back up to her bunk, I hear rustling of leather as she unpacks. I remove my pillow from my bag as well, I set it at the head on my bed. I tuck the rest under my bunk, the rest is bathroom stuff and clothes.

"How old are you?" Lisa asks from above me, her feet covered in tie-dyed socks dangle from her bunk edge.

"Seventeen." I reply, looking up at her. "You?"

"I just turned sixteen a few months ago." Lisa said proudly, I smile to myself. She jumps to the ground, her feet echoing around the cabin.

"Yeah, Lisa and I are both sixteen." Rose says, walking over to us.

"Oh, so you two know each other?" I ask, Lisa nods and Rose shakes her head.

"Nah." Rose says at the same time Lisa says 'Yes'.

Lisa crosses her arms and furrows her eyebrows, she stares at Rose. Rose scoffs in defeat and throws her arms to her sides. "Fine, fine. Yeah, we're close friends." I smile at her then Lisa.

The cabin door opens again. This time a beautiful girl walks in, she has dark straight hair, she is wearing a white crop top and light jeans.

She smiles at us, I smile back and so does Lisa and Rose. I can't tell if Yeri did as well, she is still laying on her bunk.

"There is only one bunk left." Rose comments to the girl, she nods and walks to it. She places her bags on it and starts to unpack.

"I'm Jisoo, by the way." She says, glancing at Lisa, Rose, Yeri, and I.

"I'm Jennie." I say.

"I'm Rose."

"I'm Lisa."

"And I'm Yeri!" The girl yelled again, Jisoo jumps from being startled.

Lisa glances down and then looks back up. "It's 4:40, we should start making our way back to the mess hall for dinner." Everybody nods in agreement. She grabs some gray converse from near the door.

"Mind if I use your bed?" Lisa asks me, gesturing towards her shoe.

I smile "Sure, have at it." She smiles gratefully and sits on the side of my bed. She slips her shoes on.

Rose opens the door and everyone hurries over.

"Let's try not to get lost."

...