Chapter 11

Elements (jenlisa)

Jennie's POV

I reach the boating lake, my eyes scan the area for Momo. She's not here yet. I lean against a tree, I can't help but glance at the water. What's in that lake? Who is 'they'? Why are 'they' here? I run my fingers through my hair and press the top of my head against the tree. I stare at the brilliant sky, it's darker than it was during lunch. Most of the clouds have broken apart and floated away to a different destination. I tap my fingers on the tree, waiting patiently.

"Kim," I hear Momo whisper from behind me. Her fingers curl around my shoulder, I turn to look at her. "You made it."

"Yeah," I say, throwing a quick glance around one last time before focusing on Momo. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Oh, I just thought your guard dork would stop you." The blondie rolls her eyes, she grips the ends of her leather jacket. I stare at her half gone finger. Did a snake really do that? She slides her black fingernails against her index finger's side.

"My guard dork?" I ask, raising my eyes to met her dark ones.

"Yeah, your guard dork: Lalisa."

After a brief second, it registers in my mind. I shake my head and my upper lip twitches in anger. "Don't call her Lalisa, she goes by Lisa." I tell Momo who just shrugs. "I don't care, I can call her whatever." She snarls, intensifying the eye contract between us.

"No, you can't. I won't let you, Momo." I state, ready for whatever she has to throw at me.

Momo opens to speak but quickly closes it. She stares hard at my face, I squint my eyes at her. She puts her thumb under my chin and lifts my head slightly. Her eyes scan my expression, they then met my irises.

"You have feelings for the girl, don't you, Kim?" She says, her voice prickling slightly when the word 'girl' left .

"W-what?" I stutter, furrowing my eyebrows for a brief second and taking a step backwards.

"You do, I can see it. It's radiating off of you." Momo tells me, she chuckles afterwards. I just stare at her. "Just be careful 'round her, though, I get a weird vibe from her."

"A weird vibe, huh?" I repeat, scoffing. "As if. You just don't like her."

"True, true," She admits, tapping her fingers against her chin. "And I won't stop just because you like her, but don't say I didn't warn you."

I just cross my arms and roll my eyes, "Okay, then. Can't you just tell me what you need to tell me?"

"Sure," Momo runs her fingers through her hair, she looks around swiftly before meeting my eyes again. "I just want you to listen to me, okay?"

"Okay," I sneer, leaning against the tree again. "Go on."

"Stay away from rivers, lakes, and any other body of water." She informs me sternly, her eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"Then why did you bring me here?" I ask, the edge leaving my voice slowly.

"To preform an experiment, that's why." Momo says, she grabs my wrist and drags me to the edge of the water.

I stare into the now black water, I can barely see my reflection. Momo sits on the bay, I sit next to her.

 She glances at me, I stare at the dark water. The air grows colder, I shiver under the breeze.

"Put your hand in the water?" She instructs me, I give her a crazy look.

"What?" My voice cracks as I yell. "You just told me to stay away from rivers, lakes, and basically any water!"

"Kim," She growls at me, her voice edgy and full of risk. "Just do it."

I roll my eyes, I hover my hand over the water. "Okay, then, you don't have to be Nike." The memory of me being pulled under flashing through my brain, I shudder. "Just, hold on to me, okay?"

Momo nods and I feel her fingers curl around my ankle; not the sore one. I hesitantly dip my hand into the disgusting water, it's colder then it was this morning. Odd. I feel slimy, freezing fingers connect with mine, they pull down. I scream and try to pull my hand away, Momo ditches my ankle and wraps her arms around my waist. My arm is completely under now, another hand grips my bicep. I feel Momo pulling to drag me back to shore. Thorn-sharp fingernails skid down my arm, I yelp in pain as my flesh rips off. 

A pair of skinny arms grab my torso, black dust swirls around them. I scream again.

"I'm going to let go of you, okay?" She yells at me, I feel one of her arms let go.

"What?" I scream, my eyes wide. My face is inches away from the icy, black water. "You wouldn't dare!"

"Kim!" Momo snaps at me, I hear protectiveness in her tone. I relax slightly, but I immediately regret it when another hand wedges itself in between my hand and the land. My hand slips and the monster grabs it, it pulls down harder. "When you go underwater, place your hand to your heart. And don't freak out!" She warns me, her last arm leaves my waist.

I tumble into the blackness, I do as I was told. I place my hand to my heart, I can feel it pulsing rapidly. Dark blur dance around me, they all scream at different times, "you should of saved me...". I shake my head to clear the noise, that's when I notice I'm not floating. The hell? I stomp my feet on the ground, my converse clatter against the material. I allow myself to breath, my heartbeat threatening to explode my rib cage. I run my fingers through my air, it's dry. I keep my hand on my heart, not daring to move it; I walk around.

Dark figures swim by, they bang on the wall with their fists. I stick my tongue out at one of them, it snarls at me. The figures have long, skinny arms; four of them. Their body is almost human, but it's head is the opposite of human. It has a long, curled stick-like thing protruding out of its nose region. It's eyes are small and beady, their mouths are full of sharp teeth. Fingernails scrape against the walls, I cringe at the horrible sound. I feel someone pulling at my shirt, I try to run away but I can't. I sigh, I let them pull at my shirt; my feet come off the floor. I float up to the top of the room, everything goes black.

I wake up to the sound of my surname, I groan loudly, rolling onto my side. "Momo," I mutter, gripping onto the person jacket. "What was that?"

"Good," Momo says, I blink my eyes open. My stomach grumbles out of no where, I wince. "You were only out for a few seconds. That's probably because you let me pull you out."

"That was you? And what was that I saw?" I repeat, sitting up and tilting my head so my neck cracks. My eyes wonder to my arm, four long cuts run up my arm. Nothing is bleeding but they still tingle."

I don't know what you saw," She admits, shrugging my shoulder lightly. "But I'm glad you saw what you saw. Some people are able to see into the future, others see people they've lost, others see nothing but a glass ball. Everything means something different. But it only works if you truly believe the person telling you what to do, which you obviously did." She smirks, I roll my eyes. "What did you see?"

"Nothing," I shrug, running my fingers through my hair; it's still dry. "Wha—? How is my hair dry? Am I Percy Jackson?"

"No, you're not." Momo tells me, my face falls. She laughs softly at my childlike behavior, I grin. Her face turns serious, "but really, you saw nothing?"

"Yeah?" I say, feeling my heart slow down."

That means you haven't understood what's around you. One day, you will be able to see whatever you'd like." She says, I stare at her in awe.

"What do you see?" I ask her, her facial expression falls. She looks into the distance, then she shakes her head.

"Doesn't matter," Momo sighs, bring her eyes back to mine, she stands up. "It's time for you to get to dinner, anyway." I stand up as well, stretching my leg out. 

We look at each other awkwardly, leafs rustle in the distance. Momo approaches me, I stand my ground. We connect eyes, she blinks and lets her gaze go. She pulls me into a hug, I return it. After she lets go, she runs towards the nurse cabin. I shake my head at her and start to walk towards the mess hall.

...

I sit next to Lisa at our table. She jumps and places her hand to her heart. I wonder what she would see if she went under. When our eyes met, she smiles. Her eyes widen and she looks towards her pocket. She pulls out my wooden heart, she sets it next to my plate of food.

"Thank you," I say, earning startled gasps from Rose, Jisoo, and Yeri. I grin at them.

"Anytime, ba— Lisa." The blonde beauty tells me, smiling then turning back towards her plate.

"Hey," Rose says, I look to her. "How was Momo?"

"Fine," I admit, laughing slightly. "And crazy."

"Yeah," Jisoo comments, placing her fork loosely in . "She seems like a crazy one."

"Um," Yeri interrupts, her eyes wavering on my ripped arm. "What's up with your arm?"

Everyone eyes float to my arm, they all gasp. Lisa looks as if she's about to cry, I want to wrap my arms around her and kiss her face until she's happy. Lisa places her fingers on the cuts, I wince.

"What happened?" She asks, her eyes meeting mine.

Yeri might of said something. Rose might of said something. Jisoo might of said something. Even God might of said something, but I wouldn't care. All I could do was stare into those brown eyes, they shine with such raw emotion; it makes me want to cup Lisa's face and kiss her right now. I fight the urge and make up an excuse.

"Um, well," I stammer, Lisa raises her eyebrow. "I ran into a tree."

Rose bursts out laughing, all eyes move to her; including mine. "Clumsy Jen," Rose coughs out, laughter stifling every word. "I bet all the trees were like 'oh, no, it's Jennie. Watch out! She'll run into you!'." Jisoo starts to laugh while Yeri chuckles softly. Lisa throws me a glance, I don't think she believes me but she doesn't push.

I look down at my plate. On it is peas, mashed potatoes, and white chicken. I roll my eyes at the chicken and stab a piece. I bring it to my mouth and grind it against my teeth. I scoop some potato with the side of my fork, I it off with my tongue. I notice Lisa staring, my cheeks turn crimson.

"Should we prepare for a visit from blondie?" Rose asks after her laughter subsides, Jisoo stifles her remaining laughter with her fist.

"I— I'm not sure," I admit, eating some more chicken. Lisa rolls her eyes and scoffs.

"Hopefully not." She adds, setting her fork down on her empty plate.

I don't answer, I just continue to chop away at my food. Soon, all I have left is peas. Why are they green? Why can't they be blue, or possibly neon green? I impale one with my fork tongs, I shove it into my mouth. Lisa pokes my shoulder, I turn to look at her beautiful face.

"Can I have some of your peas?" She pleads, her hands clasped together.

I laugh, not being able to say no to that face. A sudden wave of emotion passes over me, my eyes dart down to her lips. I bite mine, I then nod. "Sure, you can have all of them." I tell Lisa who grins and dumps them onto her plate.

"Thank you," The brown-eyed beauty gushes, she kisses my cheek. I feel all the heat in my body rush to my cheeks. Maybe I do like Lisa.

The rest of dinner is a blur, I watch Lisa the whole time. I can't keep my eyes off her, the way she smiles, the way she talks, the way she laughs; I love it. I don't hear most of the conversation, my thoughts drain it out. I watch as Lisa takes two peas of the bunch again, she sneaks them into her pocket and eats the rest of the plate. I furrow my eyebrows at her, what is she doing?

"What's our last activity?" Rose asks Yeri who takes the paper out of the pocket.

"It's s—." Lisa starts but Rose stares her down. Lisa closes and lets her shoulders sag.

"Stargazing on the great lawn," Yeri reads of the paper, she puts it back into her capris pockets.

"Fun!" Lisa exclaims, I grin at her.

"Boring," Rose yawns for dramatic effect. Yeri whispers something into her ear, Rose grins and nods. "Fun!" She shouts and runs out the door. Jisoo, Yeri, Lisa, and I follow her out.

At least stargazing doesn't have to do with water.

...

 

A/N: I know how you feeling.. "wth is happening?" lol

If you liked this chapter, please press that star! Thank you and have an amazing day/night!