Chapter 15

Elements (jenlisa)

Jennie's POV

I trek through the tall grass near the border of the forest, thoughts swirl in my mind. What if Lisa is a Fire? Then we couldn't date, we would hate each other. What if other people at this camp are on their fifth and a half generation? If so, what are they? Who are they? Why was Momo telling me that? Is something going to happen? I shake my head to clear my thoughts, everything is so confusing. I close my eyes and press my fingers to the bridge of my nose, I take a deep breath.

"Jennie," I hear someone call my name. I open my eyes and turn to see the boy from the wood carving shack, Jungkook. "Hey, hold up."

I cross my arms, he jogs up to me. "Yeah?" I ask, tapping my foot impatiently. I mean, sure, he's sweet but I think he likes Lisa.

"How have you been?" He asks, sticking his hands into his pockets.

"Fine." I answer shortly, I start to stride away but he runs after me.

"Wait, wait, Jennie, please." He begs, I groan and stop walking.

"What do you want?" I question, irritation evident in my tone.

"I've been talking with Momo, you know, Momo Hirai?" Jungkook tells me, I let my arms fall from their crossed position.

"Yeah?"

"I-I'm a Forest," He admits, rubbing the back of his neck slowly. "I'm on my fifth and a half generation as well. She told me that Kim, which, at that time, I didn't know who that was, but now I do, it's you, was also on her fifth and a half generation. But what are you?"

"I'm a Water, I guess." I reply, angry leaving my body slowly but steadily.

"I can see that," Jungkook nods his head, his hair sways gently to the side. "At least we get along. But, um, what is Lisa?"

"Not sure," I shrug, picking at my fingernail with my other fingernail. "Momo thinks she is an Air."

"Oh," He sighs, letting his shoulders slump. "If she is an Air, I can't be with her. It's the 'be four' code."

"I knew you liked her," I say, a bit to aggressively as he backs away slightly.

"She's a good person, so, yeah, I do." Jungkook puts his hands in the air. "Why?"

"I-I like her," I admit, running my fingers through my hair. "But don't tell her. If you do, I swear, forest boy—!"

"You like her?" Jungkook says in amazement. For a second I thought he was going to get all homophobic on me. "I would of never guessed! It's okay, though, I totally approve. I won't do anything to disrupt you two, it's fine with me. And I won't tell her."

I exhale in relief, I cast him a gratefully grin. He returns it, "Anyway, Momo will probably try to train you. She did with me. Watch," Jungkook says as he places his hand on the closest tree trunk. He closes his eyes and mutters something I can't pick up. The tree instantly glows a bright green. Tall neon green blurs, that look a lot like people, walk out of the trunk, they float in the air like ghosts. They must be the Green spirits. Jungkook nods at one and they disappear into thin air.

"That—" I stutter, staring at him in awe. "That was amazing!"

"I guess," Jungkook flushes with embarrassment, he rubs his neck again. "It's cooler when Irene does it though. The flames flicker and then explode into people. She's a Fire."

"Wait, Irene as in the lunch girl?" I ask, very confused.

"No, she isn't really a lunch lady, that's just her cover. She is really powerful and the coolness of the plates helps calm her powers." Jungkook explains, he glances into the great lawn. "I should go, so should you. I saw Lisa and them walk down towards the main cabin a bit ago. They are still probably there."

nod my head and thank him. "I'll see you later, Jungkook." I say, bolting towards the large cabin that I checked into a few days ago.

...

I reach the main cabin, completely out of breath. I double over, panting heavily. I look up, the chimney of the cabin is lightly smoking. I run my fingers over the engraved words once I recollect myself. "Camp Director.." I repeat to myself under my breath. I then push open the surprisingly light door. A wave of cold air runs right through me, I shiver. Lisa is laying on the ground next to the enclosed fireplace while Yeri and Jisoo thumb wrestle. Rose sits in a chair with an ice pack on her eye.

"Hey," I greet them, closing the door behind me.

"Jennie!" Yeri beams, Jisoo pins her finger down and Yeri groans in frustration. "Dang it, Jisoo!"

"Um, what's wrong with you, Rose?" I ask, Rose scoffs.

"Aww, how sweet." Rose replies bluntly.

 "Oh, and Lisa jabbed me with her heel during yoga. She did downward-hit-Rose-in-the-face instead of downward-dog!"

"Sorry!" Lisa exhales from the ground, I glance down at her.

"Um..?" My voice trails off, not really knowing where to go in the sentence.

"It's cozy down here, and warm." Lisa shrugs and wraps her arms around herself. 

A faint smile appears on her lips. "You should join me."

"No time," Yeri says, pointing to Rose's watch. 

"It's time to head to the rock wall."

"What about my eye?" Rose complains, standing up nonetheless.

"You won't die," Yeri told her, crossing her arms firmly. 

"Come on, let's go."

We walk together around the main cabin, through the great lawn, down the steep hill near the Drown Hut, pass a patch of trees into a clearing with a huge rock wall. It was probably about forty feet tall, maybe more. It is scattered head to toe with colorful rocks that create pathways. I stare at it, straining my neck to see the top.

"Ladies!" A male voice exclaims from the side of the stone wall. He has lots of tattoos, they cover most of his arm skin. His hair is black and sticks up in the front. He grins at us.

 "Time to get you up that wall!"

"What's your name?" Jisoo asks, obviously showing interest in this man. Rose scoffs quietly but not quiet enough.

"Adam," the man says, grabbing helmets off the table beside him. He sticks one on his head then tossing one to me. I catch it and twirl it around in my hands. It's a white helmet with the letters 'CH' printed on it in blue. I squeeze it onto my head. He tosses one to everyone; soon everybody is wearing a helmet.

"Who's first?" Adam asks, pulling on a rope. Jisoo raises her hand, Adam grins. Adam hands Jisoo a long belt looking thing that she slips over her waist, he then connects a rope to it. He holds the rope as Jisoo starts to climb.

I don't really watch most of her climbing, I'm lost in thought. Before I know it, its my turn. Rose, Yeri, and Jisoo have all gone. Adam's phone rings, he groans and pulls it out of his pocket.

"Yeah?" He asks into the device. He face goes slack. 

"I-is she okay?" Tears brim in his eyes, he blinks them away.

 "I'll be there, don't worry." He puts his phone back into his back pocket. 

"My baby girl, she is in the hospital. I need to go. Please, Lisa, hold this rope for Jennie? It's really easy, and if she falls, just lift your feet off the ground." Lisa nods and walks over to him, he smiles gratefully at her. Adam waves at us goodbye, he runs out of the clearing.

"Okay then," Lisa says, gripping the rope tightly. 

 "Jennie, get into the belt thing."

I approach Lisa, I take the belt off the ground and wrap it around my waist. I pull the ends tighter. Lisa stands in front of me, she clips the end of the rope to the loop on the belt. I turn to the wall. My eyes scan the colorful pegs. I hear Rose, Jisoo, and Yeri cheering for me in the background. I smile to myself. I grip a purple circle and lunge myself up the wall. The next peg I grab is a yellow triangle, the next is a green octagon. The shapes and colors keep coming. Soon I'm almost at the top. The wind blows slightly colder up here, it churns against my clothes. I then feel a hand of wind gust push into me, my belt gets caught on an orange triangle. My knees hit the wall, pain surges through them up to my waist line.

"Help!" I call out, waving my hands frantically. The shape chips off and I fall.

Everything seems to happen in slow motion. The clip breaks in two, I'm now free falling backwards. Lisa stares at me in shock as do the rest of my friends. My heartbeat thuds in my rib cage, I can hear it. It's the loudest thing right now; it's also the only thing I can hear. Lisa lets go of the rope, she puts her hand in the air. Her thumb, index finger and middle finger are up while her ring finger and pinkie are down. She holds it in the air steadily. A bright glimmer of white surrounds me, it interlocks itself with my limbs and backside. I feel as if I'm in an invisible bed. Suddenly everything speeds up, I see the belt buckle that broke apart combine and chase after me. It reconnects with my belt and I feel Lisa tug on the rope. I dangle in the air. My breath is shallow and hitched, I grab the nearest shapes and pull the wall close.

I shimmy down the wall; all eyes are on me. My feet hit the ground with a quiet thud, my knees buckle slightly but they seem to be fine. Lisa bolts towards me. Her arms wrap around my torso, her scent lingers in my nostrils. I love it.

"Are you okay?" She asks loudly, I nod. She then gets really close and whispers in my ear, "I don't know what I did, but I think I saved you."

"You did," I whisper back, returning the long hug. "I'm so thankful." I nuzzle my nose next to her ear, she giggles slightly.

Our cuddling is cut short by Rose, Jisoo, and Yeri interrupting us. We split apart before anyone could notice. They ask if I'm okay, which I respond with yes. The rest of the conversation is a blur of words and hugs. I just want to talk with Momo and hold Lisa's hand.

I now know Lisa is, for a fact, an Air.

...

A/N: If you liked this chapter, please star it! It means a lot! Thank you for reading and have a great day/night!