Chapter 14

Elements (jenlisa)

Jennie's POV

"Yeah, where have you been?" Jisoo repeats Rose's question, I grimace.

"Uh, walking?" I answer, my voice cracking slightly near the end of my sentence.

"Well, maybe, before you went walking, you should of left at least a note!" Rose snarls, backing into the cabin.

"We were about to leave to go looking for you!" Jisoo exclaims, stress evident in her tone.

"You scared me half to death," Yeri yells, putting her hands in the air as if she's praising the lord. "Twice!"

"Um," I speak up, I notice Lisa trying to disappear out of the corner of my eye. "If you were scared half to death twice, wouldn't you be.. dead?"

"Never mind that!" Yeri cries, placing her pinched fingers on the bridge of her nose. "Just don't do it again."

"Hysterical much?" Rose asks to Yeri.

"More like hyerirical," Lisa says softly, her voice blends out in the tense atmosphere. "Get it? Like hysterical, but h-yeri-sterical."

"Yes, Liz," Rose rubs her fingers against her temples. "We get it."

"Anyway," I comment, earning everyone's glances. "When is breakfast?"

"Soon, but I'd rather not tell you because I'm angry at you for leaving without telling us o'clock" Rose glares at me, I notice Jisoo stifle a laugh. Yeri just shrugs.

"So," I run my fingers through my hair, my fingernails scrape against my scalp. "Right now o'clock?"

"Yep,"Rose says, popping the 'p'.

"Wait, but breakfast is at eight; not seven." Yeri replies, turning around and plopping herself down in Rose's bed.

"Whatever," Rose retorts, leaning against the window frame. "We will just eat early then."

"Ah," Yeri says as if she is refreshed. "Early bird gets the worm?"

"Nah, I'm just hungry." Rose shrugs, turning into the window. I cringe slightly as her eyes land on the wooden shapes. I hear her scoff gently under her breath, Jisoo walks over and I follow like I don't know what's going on. Lisa appears beside me, her creamy brown eyes widen.

"So, J really does heart L. Huh?" Yeri reads the wooden blocks, I try to act like I'm confused. But I'm not, so it's difficult.

"Rose," Jisoo slaps Rose's shoulder causing the taller girl to gasp. "I can't believe you did that."

"Wha—?" Rose asks, her tone completely and utterly in shock. "I did not—!"

"Don't lie, Chaeyoung," Yeri says, using Rose's real name to make herself sound cool. "It's a sin."

My head whips around, I stare at Yeri with wide eyes. Rose glances at my face, she scoffs again. "What's up, cat eyes, you look like you just saw a ghost." I notice Lisa stiffen at Rose's words. Nobody responds.

"Yeri," I finally say, still staring at the smaller girl in disbelief. "Did you just say that homouality is a sin?"

Yeri's face contorts into shock, she quickly shakes her head no. "Never! You can love who you want, I completely support that. I was saying that lying is a sin."

"Oh," I exhale a breath of relief. I don't know what I would of done if Yeri was homophobic. I would of never been okay with myself if she was.

"Yeah, don't worry, Jennie," Rose comments, placing her hand on my shoulder. "If you want to date Lisa, we will all support you."

I scoff; trying to brush it off. But I notice out of the corner of my eye that Lisa's face falls. I immediately regret my choice of sound. I really did like her, and I want her to know that. I'm just not ready.

"Can't we just get to breakfast?" I ask, pushing towards the door.

"Sure," Everyone replies.

"But you're not off the hook for sneaking out yet, cat eyes," Rose adds, I laugh softly.

"Okay, then." I reply.

...

Breakfast was pretty normal. The usual happened: Lisa said that she knows everything because she 'guessed' what was for breakfast; it was cereal. Rose got mad and made snide remarks at her. Jisoo and Yeri kept poking fun at Lisa and I. But for the most part; breakfast was quiet.

"Our first thing today is yoga!" Yeri beams, grinning. Lisa groans really loudly, I shoot her a confused glance. "I really liked that last time."

"I didn't," Lisa mumbles, crossing her arms like a child.

"You didn't even do it last time, Liz," Rose retorts, Lisa scoffs.

Our group walks out of the mess hall, the bright sun beating down on us. It wasn't as cold as it was this morning, but it's still not warm to say the least. Kids are scattered up and down the hill, even all the way out to the great lawn. They play lawn games, which is probably what we will have to do later on today or tomorrow. Lawn games are playing football, soccer, frisbee, or badminton. I'm good at none of those. We reach the base of the hill when someone grabs on to my arm; it's Momo.

"Babe," She says, causing a deadly glare from Lisa. Hmm, well, that's new. "We need to talk."

"What happened to 'Kim'?" I ask, Momo just shrugs.

"Eh, got boring." Momo replies, I hear Lisa scoff.

"Don't call her 'babe'," Lisa snarls at Momo who just smirks. "Or else."

"Or else what?" Momo retorts, her smirk growing into a smile.

"Or else I'll—!" Lisa starts but I put a hand up.

"Guys, stop," I plead. Momo casts a glare at Lisa but then sighs and let's her arms fall to her side.

"Fine, but I still need to talk with you, Kim." Momo says, putting emphasis on the name 'Kim'.

"About?" I ask, Momo just groans, grabs my arms, and runs into the nearest cabin; which is boat cabin. It's full of boats, oars, blowup rafts and everything else water related. She shuts the door behind us, I stare at her in the darkness. I hear the flip of a switch and the lights flicker on. They cast an eerie glow in the small cabin.

"I figured out what you are." Momo says excitedly, she grins at me. I've never seen her look more scary.

"Gay?" I suggest, humor laces in with my tone.

"I already knew you where gay, it's obvious." She replies, rolling her eyes. I laugh gently, I notice a smile prickle on the corners of her lips.

"Okay, so what am I?" I ask, my curiosity, that I didn't know I had, growing.

"You're a Water." Momo says like its the most common thing in the whole world.

"A what?" I question, confusion screwing up my face.

"You're a Water." Momo repeats, she then sighs. "Okay, let me explain. A Water is someone who has the Blue spirits on their side. I'm a Forest, so I have the Green spirits on my side. If I tell them to do something, 'they' will."

"So, what does that mean?" I ask. Then it clicked; 'they' is the spirits. But I still don't understand the spirit thing, or why she is saying 'blue' and 'green' like they are people.

"They are four types of people. Water, Forest, Air, and Fire. Each person has a certain type, but only some people can activate it. Only the people who are on a fifth and a half generation can—" I open my mouth to talk but Momo puts her finger up in the air. "— and before you ask, no, nobody knows why we have a half generation. It just happens. But sometimes, not everyone gets along."

"Ha, obviously." I chuckle softly, She rolls her eyes.

"Water hates Fire. Forest hates Air. It's simple. They can never get along, that's why certain things happen. Like nine-eleven, that was Air and Forest fighting. Forest is also a part of the Ground type, they just intermix. But Water and Air always get along, same with Forest and Fire, surprisingly. Forest and Water get along pretty well, but Air and Fire sometimes work together for evil against Water and Forest." She explains, causally tossing around her hands every once and a while. I'm glad I'm getting answers.

"Then, if I'm a Water, why did it try to drown me?" I question, raising an eyebrow.

"That's just natural. If anyone, Air, Forest, Fire, and Water the same, fell into water; they would most likely drown. But at that time, you didn't know how to summon the Blue spirits. So they didn't know how to help you, or else they would of." Momo tells me, I nod slowly.

"So what are all my friends?" I ask, She taps her chin gently before speaking.

"Oh, that's easy. Rose is clearly a Fire, but she isn't on the correct generation. Yeri is most likely an Air, but she is on her fourth generation. Jisoo is a Forest, like me, but same case as Rose and Yeri; not the correct generation." Momo says, smiling slightly.

"What about Lisa?" I question, playing with the belt loops on my jeans.

"I'm not sure about Lali— sorry, Lisa, yet. I'm pretty sure she is an Air. But I'm not entirely sure." Momo shrugs. "I can't be."

"Why not?"

"Because she is on her fifth and a half generation." She replies simply. "

She can control whatever spirit she 'owns'. A Forest would have Green, a Water has Blue, Air has White, and Fire has Red. What I really wanted to tell you is to please watch Lisa for me, I need to know if she is an Air."

"Okay," I nod. I understand now, but I don't understand how I'm a Water. But that's a question for another time. "Thank you, Momo."

"No, Kim," She says before bolting away into the growth of the forest. "Thank you."

...

A/N: Okay, let's clear somethings up. Forest, Water, Fire, and Air are capitalized when being used as 'they'. Blue, Green, White, and Red are the same; capitalized when used as 'they'. The rest will be cleared up within the story. Thanks you reading, if you liked it please star it. Have a fantastic day/night.