Chapter 10

Elements (jenlisa)

Jennie's POV

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?" Lisa asks me, I just stare at my full bowl of food blankly.

"I mean, I don't know." I say, my breath shallow. I'm well aware of that everyone at my table is staring at me, but I don't care. "Why can't we just eat our lunch?" I question, rising my gaze to met Rose's. We connect eyes and she nods, Lisa opens to talk but Rose shoots her a silent message; she closes .

"So," Jisoo comments, turning her head towards Yeri. "What's the next activity?"

"Wood carving." Lisa replies, spooning some macaroni into .

"Wha—?" Yeri stutters, gaping at the brown eyed girl. "How did you know?"

Lisa just shrugs, she shoves another spoonful into . "I've already told you, I know everything."

A loud groan erupts from Rose, my head swerves towards her. "Liz," She exasperates. "For the last time, you don't know everything!"

"Yeah, I do!" Lisa protests, angrily putting her spoon into .

A few long seconds of silence pass before Rose speaks again, "Fine," she says, Lisa raising her eyebrow at her. "If you know everything, what happened to Jennie's cheek?"

Lisa's face drains of color, Rose just continues to smirk at her. Lisa opens to speak when a person shoves themselves in between Lisa and I. A blur of blonde and white settles next to me, it's Momo. I notice Lisa's once warm eyes turn confused.

"Kim," Momo says, running her fingers through her hair. "I checked all the cabins, yours is the only one in the forest. It's the closest to the fishing shack."

"You mean the Drown Hut?" Yeri asks, furrowing her eyebrows. I glance at Lisa, she purses her lips and clicks her tongue.

"What?" Momo questions, turning to look at Yeri.

"What's your name?" Lisa pipes in, her voice has an edge to it. It makes me shiver.

"Huh?" Momo shakes her, clearly confused.

"What's your name?" Lisa repeats the question she just asked.

"What's your name?" Momo asks, Lisa squints her eyes at Momo.

"Wait," Roseo chimes, tilting her head gently. "What about the Drown Hut?"

"Drown Hut?" Jisoo comments, rubbing her fingernails against each other.

"That's your name?" Momo asks to Lisa who shakes her head and leans back slightly. "Drown Hut?"

"What?" Lisa sounds shocked, I grimace. "No, I'm Lisa."

"Oh, hey, Manoban," Momo waving her off. "What's the Drown Hut?"

"How do you know my last name?" The blonde beauty asks, astonished.

"I know everyone," Momo informs us, glancing around at everyone. "You just look a bit different from the last time I saw you. But, yeah, I know you, Rose, Jisoo, Yeri, and Kim." Momo says, ticking her fingers off as she says our names.

"Um, I have a name!" I point out, Momo shrugs.

"Yeah, but you also have a last name." Momo retorts, grinning widely. Her grin is even scary.

"Wait, when's the last time you saw me?" Lisa questions, looking to me for reassurance. I just shrug and run my fingers through my hair.

"Doesn't matter," Momo shrugs, she looking face to face at Yeri. "What is the Drown Hut?

"I'm still really confused!" Both Rose and Lisa exclaim, they stare at each others in shock once the words leave their mouths.

"The Drown Hut is where Jennie almost drown last night." Yeri explains, Momo just nods then smiles gently. She continues to turn to me and whisper in my ear.

"You have almost drowned twice?" She basically scream-whispers into my ear.

"Um, yeah?" I answer, sticking my finger into my ear and rubbing around for dramatic effect.

"You didn't tell them about the event earlier, right?" She whispers again.

"What event?" Lisa asks loudly, her tone frigid. "You know you're not very good at whispering."

"Shut your hole, Lalisa." Momo snaps at Lisa, who looks dumbfounded.

"Lalisa?" I repeat, glancing over to Lisa who smiles sheepishly at me.

"Yeah, that's her real name." Momo says for Lisa, who glares intently at her.

"Why don't you go by Lalisa?" I ask, moving my head so I can make eye contact with Lisa.

"Because, w—." Lisa starts, tilting her hand back and forth in the air.

"When she was in grade school, this guy called her Larisa. Thats why," Momo smiles contently, Lisa shoots her another deadly glare, but this one was glazed with confusion.

"How did you know that?" Lisa question, her voice wobbly and full of fear.

"I know everything and everyone." Momo states, Rose groan and throws her arms around.

"I swear," Rose threatens to Momo. "If you say you 'know' everything again, I'll murder you.

"Momo laughs, I smile softly at the sound. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Lisa sneer at Momo. "You and everyone else," Momo tells Rose, grinning.

"I really don't like you, whatever your name is." Lisa comments, her voice as hard as steel. My face falls, I can't stand when Lisa is upset; but Momo is also my friend, she saved me in the forest. If only Lisa knew that.

"It's Momo, and I really don't like when you talk, hot stuff." Momo smiles at Lisa, she bops her nose gently. Lisa goes cross-eyed for a split second then her warm eyes, now very cold and bitter, go normal.

"Okay, stop," I say sternly, I can't stand fighting; especially when it's my friends. "Both of you. Just get along."

Momo and Lisa share angry glares but they stop bickering and turn their gazes to me. I take this moment to stare at both of their eyes separately; Lisa's are warm, happy, and, well, perfect. While Momo's are cold, stone-hard, and filled with insanity. I take a deep breath and push away my lunch bowl.

"Kim," Momo addresses me, standing up from the table. "We'll talk later, meet me after dinner near the boating lake."

"How about no?" Lisa growls at Momo, who just smirks.

"Okay then, before dinner." Momo states, and with that; she strides away and out the door.

A few moments of silence pass between my cabin mates and I. Rose's wrist is sprawled out on the tabletop, her watch reads: 3:07. We have about an hour before dinner, which we will spend carving wood. Mmm, I just can't wait for the splinters. I begin to wonder why Lisa got like she did. Did she actually hate Momo? Or was she jealous? The world may never know.

"She sure is.. something." Jisoo comments, all eyes turn towards her.

Lisa scoffs, crossing her arms. "that's for sure."

"Wood carving anyone?" Yeri suggests, standing up.

I nod, standing up as well. I didn't really eat my lunch, I wasn't hungry. I glance at the door again, where she did she go?

...

"Everyone is to carve something they love," Our wood carving director tells us, his tone the loudest I've ever heard. "And no, it can't be your phone. Now, start! If you have any questions, please ask Jungkook. Since he got in trouble for using a knife inappropriately, he will be assisting you."

I glance at Jungkook; he has Long, straight brown hair. He wears a plain blue shirt and blue jeans. Too much blue if you ask me. He catches my gaze and smiles gently, his eyes then float to Lisa. My blood starts to boil, I then take a deep breath and let body relax. He can't like Lisa, right? 

"What are you carving, Jennie?" Rose asks, nudging me gently with the of her knife.

"A heart." I answer, stabbing my blade into the wood.

"I'm carving jenlisa." Rose replies, I shoot her a confused glance.

"A what?" I ask, Jisoo leans over Rose; I notice Rose catch her breath. I briefly share a knowing smile with Yeri.

"No way," Jisoo says to Rose. "It's totally Lisanne."

"It's Jenlisa." Rose tells Jisoo, who scoffs but moves her shoulders up and down anyway.

"Whatever floats your boat." She says, Rose grins victoriously.

"Uh, sorry, but.. what's a 'Jenlisa'?" I ask, still really confused by everything happening right now.

"It's your and Lisa's ship name." Yeri explains, throwing a big piece of wood to the side.

I choke on my own spit, my knife slides up my wood; cutting a large piece off, it falls onto the ground. I glance at Lisa, her cheeks are bright with blush. "W-what?" I stutter, my voice cracking. I can feel all the heat from my body float up to my cheeks like helium.

"I ship it!" Jisoo exclaims, her dark brown eyes not leaving the wood gripped in her hands.

I hear Lisa mutter something incoherently to herself. I couldn't hear what she said, but can read lips and I swear they said 'so do I'. I finish carving my heart, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Jungkook walks up to me, he offers his hand. I take it and stand up, I follow his gaze to Lisa. I really want to whisper 'Jenlisa' is his ear, but I fight the urge.

"I can help you sandpaper that down." He offers.

"Yeah, sure, let's go." I answer, he leads me into the cut-in-half cabin. 

Inside the cabin is rows and rows of tools. Stacks of shelfs line the walls, they are also filled with tools. In the middle of the room is a huge sandpaper stone, he places my heart on the paper. He presses the button on the side of the machine and holds onto the wood; the sandpaper spins gently against my artwork, it grinds off useless scraps. After a few minutes of that, he grins and hands it back to me.

"Thank you," I tell him, running my fingers over the soft, smooth surface. He smiles at me.

"You're welcome," Jungkook nods his head, we walk out.

I sit down next to Rose again, Lisa glances at me when I sit in my spot on the grass. I cast her a friendly smile, she doesn't return it. I feel my heart sink, what if she hates me now because of Momo? I mentally beat myself up, she's kind of grown on me. I sit, running my heart over in my hands over and over again, until everyone has finished their art. The sky has turned a brilliant sea blue, clouds clog up certain parts of the sky, the light from the setting sun casts beautiful shadows of trees on the grass covered ground. I love it.

"It's 4:40, guys, time to head to dinner." Rose informs us all, I nod and hand my heart to Lisa.

"Don't break it," I tell her, her eyes shine as if my words mean more then they seem; which they do.

"I won't." Lisa promise, I smile.

"I have to met Momo!" I call to my friends, running towards the boating lake. "I'll met you at dinner!"

I sprint towards where Momo will be. I wonder what she has to say.

 

A/N: How are you guys liking Bea?

if you liked that chapter, please press the star! Thank you and have a great day/night!

-jenniesuwu