Chapter 1

Elements (jenlisa)

Jennie's POV

My alarm clock blares like it's on its last days on earth. Which it is; if it keeps up with its routine of waking me up a minute before 7. I groan and roll onto my side. I whack the clock and it falls onto the ground with a clatter. I sigh, knowing that the sound just showed everyone in my household that I am awake. I run my fingers through my wavy, thick black hair.

"Jennie!" My mom yells from downstairs. I take a breath and sit up then stretch while yawning. I rub my eyes, my legs dangle off my bed and my feet rest on my floor.

"Yeah?" I call back groggily, standing up and stretching once again.

"It's summer camp day!" She yells again. Once the words echo to upstairs, cheering comes from where my mom is. Most likely my siblings, Wendy and Jinhwan; they've been dying to get rid of me for all summer. "Get dressed then come down, I have cereal ready and your dad is packing the car up."

I groan again loudly so my mom can hear me then chuckle to myself. I want my parents to think that I'm not excited for this trip, but I really am. I've never been out for summer, this was something new to me. I walk slowly to my closet, still sort of in sleep mode. I glance at my reflection in the mirror on my wardrobe, making eye contact with my own eyes, I grin. I was ready for today.

After going through my shirts, which wasn't a lot because mostly all of them were packed, I pick out a simple red v-neck. I slip it on over my bra and snatched a pair of dark jeans from a drawer under my bed. I slip them on my legs and pull on a new set of blue socks. I turn back to my mirror and frown at my appearance. My mom always tells me that I look beautiful but I never believe her. She just says that because I'm her daughter and she has too. I quickly run my fingers through my hair again and smile a crooked smile. I look okay.

Before I bolt out of my bedroom door, I grab my string bag that I had filled with things last night before I feel asleep. Inside, I know is a book, my toothbrush, toothpaste, and a hairbrush; the rest my dad packed for me. I look at the outline of a tree printed in black on my string bag before leaving my room. I jog down the stairs while slinging the strap around my shoulders. My mom greets me once I arrive in the kitchen.

"Finally, the slowest Kim arrives." My dad jokes from behind the kitchen counter. I smile at him and he winks at me.

I sit down at the table, Wendy and Jin both sit there with me. They scoop their cereal into their mouths swiftly. Wendy has a baggy sweater on and Jin is wearing a plaid shirt. My mom places a bowl in front of me with a spoon; I grin at her.

"Thanks, mom." I say through a mouthful of cereal.

She laughs and rubs my head. "You're welcome, honey."

"We are so excited you're leaving for camp." Jin says in between cereal scoops. Wendy nods.

"Whatever," I reply. "I still know you love me somewhere in your messed up heart."

"Yeah, we do. But it's still nice when you leave." Wendy reassures me and I scoff.

"Especially when it's for a very long time, like for instance, the whole summer." Jin adds. My siblings high five. I scoff again and finish my cereal. I put the empty bowl and spoon into the sink.

"It's 8," My mom says, she gives me a hug. "Time for you to leave."

I smile, I'm not going to pretend this time to act annoyed by leaving.

"Bye, Mom." I return the hug. I walk towards the door, waving at my siblings who are now both drinking orange juice. "Bye, Wendy. Bye, Jin."

"Bye, now leave!" Jin shouts at me, I smile as I walk out the door.

My dad is waiting for me in the car. I slip into the passenger seat, he grins at me.

"You excited?" He asks, placing his hands on the wheel.

"Yeah, I actually am." I admit, running my fingers through my hair again; it's a habit I have. He grins again.

"So am I, I get to drive the seventeen year old!" He beams, I laugh.

"I don't even have my license, dad." I retort playfully, hugging my string bag close to my chest. "Is everything in the back?"

"Yep." He says simply. "Now let's hit the road!"

...

A/N: heeey guys im back yaaay. this is the first chapter for  Elements!. the author is a friend of mine. im just co-writing <3  

 thank you for reading and have a wonderful day/night