Stuck

Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 | Stuck

Seulgi was contemplating whether to do it or not. It might not be the best thing to do at this moment because this stranger might find it uncomfortable. She trusts her guts and does it anyway. She takes the suitcase and drags it to her side, pulling it as she walks. “Is it your first time travelling alone?” She asks the shorter woman.

Joohyun was completely baffled. She thought this person took her suitcase to steal it. She expected the taller woman to run off with it but she had it wrong. She noticed that Seulgi was still walking the same pace as hers. Catching up on the question she admits, “Yes, it is my first time.”

“Why not travel to Asian countries? That must have been ideal if it is your first time travelling solo.” Seulgi wanted to keep the conversation going. It’s the least she could do to make the beautiful lady comfortable.

“I honestly was drunk when I booked some one-way ticket to a random country. I didn’t know I was supposed to go a day before my flight.” Joohyun tells the lady pulling her suitcase. She feels good to talk things like this. At least venting it out on a stranger is the best bet at this time.

“We’ve got a brave soul here!” Seulgi shouts and earns some shooting glares from everyone on the streets. She stifles a laugh. “Oops.” She looks at Joohyun who was laughing at her. “You look pretty when you laugh.” She loudly speaks her thoughts.

“I get that all the time.” Joohyun lets out a sly grin. She shares a brief answer. They are now taking that first left turn by the street.

“You here for business or for something else?” Seulgi continues. She pulls the phone from her pocket and checks the rest of the way. Looking at Joohyun has rendered her thoughts distracted for the beautiful lady has already enamored her.

“I’m trying to see if this place is good to live in.” Joohyun says as she looks at the scenery by the river.

“The vibe is good. People here are very friendly. And the wine!” Seulgi looks at Joohyun to take her attention. “The wine here is the best.”  She shares as she visited different wine bars in the first two nights she stayed in the country.

They are now passing by the bakery in the map. Joohyun can almost see the hotel’s entrance. It was nice to have some company in this unfamiliar city. Seulgi was nothing but a helpful stranger in the twenty minutes they walked together. This stranger made her feel at ease.

“I guess this is it.” Seulgi says with a smile as she gives back Joohyun’s suitcase. They arrived at the entrance of the hotel. Too soon for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter