Lost

Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 | Lost

Kang Seulgi has been on the run since she was eighteen. She thought of living a life she chose for herself and not the one her parents expected for her. It’s been five years now and she plans to keep it that way.

She picks up her phone and calls the number she memorized from before. All too familiar than her own number. As she changes it every time. It only takes the first ring when the person from the other side of the line picks up. “Seungwan-ah! How are you?” She greets her best friend.

“Which place did you settle in this time?” Seungwan asks in pure curiosity. She knows Seulgi would only call her if she moved into another city or country. It has always been this way for the past five years.

“I’m in Slovenia right now.” Seulgi confesses. She just got herself a nice place to stay. The rent was too high but it was definitely worth it. “How’s everything back at home?” Home. She shudders as she used the word. Her Korean words deteriorated for the past years of not using them. She hasn’t been home in the past five years. It’s not like she really wanted to know what’s happening out there. She promised herself not to care anymore.

“Are you still not coming back?” Seungwan asks in a very serious manner. There was a long pause before she talks again. “You know it’s never too late to come back home.” She knows she cannot persuade Seulgi. Not this way. She tried every time Seulgi would call her, but it’s just not going to work. She knows her best friend is too stubborn to admit it.

“Seungwan, I’ve never been happier with my life ever since you helped me book that one-way ticket.” Seulgi reminisces as she slumps her body to the leather couch in the living room. “This is what I want.” She sticks to affirm with the thought though she misses Seungwan greatly.

“They will never stop finding you, Seul. Maybe I should just tell them where you are so you’d be back here being the person you really needed to be.” Seungwan says before letting out a sigh.

“You can always join me in my adventures, Seungwan. Leave the life of appeasing your parents. Live the life you’ve always wanted. You can’t please them all.” Seulgi hopes for a minute that her words somehow got through her best friend. It would definitely not be a bad idea if Seungwan lived with her. All these years, Seungwan was the only person she told about her whereabouts. And she swears she’s forever grateful that Seungwan never told anyone. Not even her parents

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter