Deceived

Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18 | Deceived

The week flew like a flash of lightning. Seulgi has been working too earnestly to take back her father’s trust. Joohyun was just so supportive of what she does. She learned that her fiancée was a stock holder in Bae Enterprises, which explains why she doesn’t go to work and does campaign ads for her father out of being a dutiful daughter. They totally match each other being daughters of chaebols and influential people.

“Baby, do you miss taking pictures?” Joohyun asks as she reads her novel beside Seulgi, who is busy reading company documents. It amazes her that they can do different things at the same room and still feel together.

“I do. I even bought that camera I wasn’t able to buy when I was the broke photographer you knew. But these documents are eating up my time.” Seulgi feels bad, these documents are eating up her time to spend with her fiancée too. “Why did you ask?”

“Just making sure if you still made the right choice.” Joohyun shrugs as she goes back to reading.

“I did. I’m here with you. We’re just living boring lives that we were stuck with.” Seulgi puts down the folder and starts kissing Joohyun by the neck. “At least I’m stuck with you.” She knows this is Joohyun’s sensitive spot. She kisses her fiancée on the lips when she sees Joohyun is in her control. “I want to go back to Butcher’s Bridge and put up a lock with you.” She pulls away their lips together and looks at her fiancée too earnestly.

“You know, I thought we were going to do that when you asked me to be your girlfriend right there.” Joohyun snuggles onto Seulgi’s chest.

“I had the lock inside my pocket. I just got lost kissing you that my plan was ruined.” Seulgi chuckles as she remembers she was totally whipped for Joohyun that time. She had been nervous about asking that dreaded question after courting the pretty lady for a month.

Joohyun asks, “Where’s the lock now?”

“Inside my drawer in our flat in Ljubljana.” Seulgi says giving her fiancée’s shoulder a squeeze. She wished they could jump on a plane and do it now. “Maybe we can do it on our honeymoon?” She suggests.

“Not so perfect in planning at all. You have some flaws too. I was wondering why you’re too perfect for me.” Joohyun just enjoys being wrapped in Seulgi’s arms. Her home is too warm and ideal.

---

“Hyunnie, we’re going to be late. You already look gorgeous. You don’t need to fix yourself more.” Seulgi calls out. It’s already time for the welcome party her father arranged for her.

“Baby, this is our first official public appearance. I need to look pretty in the pictures.” Joohyun could just roll her eyes. Seulgi isn’t really the type who fixes herself, Joohyun thought. Her fiancée just looks effortlessly charming whatever clothing. And much more without any.

“Didn’t think it will be this big of a party.” Seulgi just thought it will be some board of directors from the company kind. But no, now that Joohyun is her fiancée, Senator Bae is now in the equation. From big business persons to political influencers, all of them are invited. It seemed like her father did good with the company while she was away.

“You’ll get used to it, Seul.” Joohyun has finished her pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter