Finished

Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20 | Finished

“When I asked you where we should go, I now get it why you said France.” Joohyun says as they are walking side by side, her arm linked to Seulgi’s.

“I’ve already been here a couple of times, Eiffel Tower isn’t that impressive when you’ve already seen it twice.” Seulgi just shrugs. She has gone to Paris in one of her term breaks from college before.

They just finished biking past the fragrant lavender fields of Provence. Seeing it in a slower pace is much better, Seulgi agrees. She looks at the ring on her finger. It looks so perfect on her hand.

“Stop asking me if it’s real. I already told you for the thirty-eighth time!” Joohyun smiles at Seulgi. It’s been a day since they got married. They went on the first flight to Paris after that talk. She’s not a kid anymore. And she’s not going to let Seulgi be a pawn for her father’s games. She already had enough.

“I know, but my mom would freak out. She was actually trying to plan a big wedding for us back at home.” Seulgi says in a worried manner.

“That same- marriage bill wasn’t even passed. I’m okay with this.” Joohyun wraps her arms around Seulgi’s neck.

“Kang Joohyun-sshi! I love you.” Seulgi says as the sunset is fast approaching. The warm yellow light the sky emits contrasts greatly with the violets of the lavender fields. It’s a view worth taking a picture, she agrees. But being with her wife right now is much more worth it.

“I love you too.” Joohyun lifts her heels to tiptoe and kiss Seulgi on the lips.

----

After two days in Provence, they decided to go back to Slovenia. Finally, the honeymoon they’ve been planning before. Three months away from their flat has made miss Ljubljana so much. The place still looks like how they left it before.

The first thing Seulgi did was to run towards her drawer. She takes the lock she had before and shows it to Joohyun. “This is the lock I was talking about.” She exclaims.

“Someone’s excited.” Joohyun says as she looks at her wife who’s acting giddy about a lock. “Take your coat, we should go put that up at Butcher’s Bridge.”

----

They arrived at the bridge, their hands intertwined with each other’s. Joohyun missed this. They used to do this almost every day before their Italy scandal broke. But being here again, walking with Seulgi hand in hand, she feels contented.

“This is where I asked you to be my girlfriend.” Seulgi stops and takes the padlock from her coat’s pocket. She also does not forget the marker and gives it to Joohyun. “Write something.”

“Why me?” Joohyun asks looking at Seulgi who is giving her an eye-smile.

“You’ve got pretty handwriting.” Seulgi says. “And you’re pretty too.” She adds.

“You’re such a sweet talker, baby.” Joohyun says as she proceeds to write on the lock. She wrote SEUL <3 HYUN in careful English alphabet characters. She lets Seulgi see it.

Seulgi takes the lock from Joohyun’s hand and finds a good space for it to place. When it was done, Seulgi looks at Joohyun. “What do you want to do with the key?”

“People usually throw it after, right?” Joohyun takes the key from Seulgi’s hand as the latter nods in agreement. She just throws it to the river.

Seulgi takes a pict

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter