Met

Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 | Met

Joohyun meets her father before entering the private restaurant the Kangs reserved for them. “Dad, we need to talk.”

Bae Seongwoo just smiles at his daughter. “Save that for later. I’m not in the mood to scold you.” He offers her arms for Joohyun to link. “Not just yet.”

Joohyun keeps shut. She knows her father is a madman. Her father leads them to the room with the Kangs already seated by the table.

She notices a woman who looks exactly like Seulgi but without the monolid eyes. It must be Seulgi’s mother, Seo Hyunjin. The woman stands and walks up to her with an excited smile.

“You must be Joohyun.” Seo Hyunjin hugs Joohyun.

All Joohyun can do was hug the woman back awkwardly and nod in response.

“Kang Minhyuk!” Bae Seongwoo shouts. “I haven’t seen you in a long time.” He greets the other man in the room before settling into his seat.

Joohyun notices how stern Seulgi’s father looks like. He has the same aura when she saw Seulgi angry for the first time. They both have the same sharp jawline and monolid eyes. She is led by Seulgi’s mom towards her seat.

“So, is this little Joohyun from before?” Kang Minhyuk asks still in a poker face.

“Yes, sir.” Joohyun replies politely. She cannot kill off the vibe this man is giving her. Seulgi’s parents are much younger than she thought they’d be.

“Darling, you shouldn’t scare off our daughter’s fiancée.” Hyunjin pats her husband’s shoulder and offers Joohyun a sweet smile.

“That brat wouldn’t even show herself and lets Joohyun sort things for her.” Minhyuk spats. He looks at Joohyun. “So is it true? Are you engaged?”

“No, sir. We haven’t been dating that long. We only have known each other for about six months now. We have been together a month after we met.” Joohyun is almost dying from nervousness. Seulgi’s father is much scarier than her own father.

“I’m sorry about that Minhyuk! I had to protect my image so I had my publicists release the articles.” Seongwoo adds.

“It’s fine.” Minhyuk replies briefly not taking his gaze away from Joohyun.

“Where is my daughter? We’ve been trying to find her for five years now.” Hyunjin asks Joohyun.

“I cannot say for this moment. I’m actually not sure why I am invited to this meeting with my father. I came back to Korea so I can talk to my father about disowning me. So I can go bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter