Shadowed

Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 | Shadowed

It has been a week since Joohyun went to Korea. There was still no progress on when Joohyun will come back. Seulgi already took care of that resignation letter for her girlfriend’s employer. It seemed like her girlfriend wouldn’t be home in time.

Joohyun never fails to call her every day. No matter what time it is, they would find ways to talk. There was that one time she failed to answer the call because she was showering, Joohyun nagged her so much about it. She knows her Hyunnie misses her so much.

“Baby, are you sure you don’t want to go here? Your mom misses you terribly.” Joohyun has been spending too much time with Hyunjin these past few days.

“Hyunnie, you know I’m still not ready for that. I don’t know if the home I once had there is still there.” Seulgi thinks about that time she was disowned by her own father. She was beat up in the face almost choking her down by the man she loved the most. Though she understands her father’s resentment, she can never forget the hurt of being disowned rather than the pain of it physically.

“Seul, I can be your home here.” Joohyun says. “But that would be up to you.” She doesn’t want to cloud on Seulgi’s judgement. It is clear that her lover has been traumatized.

“This reminds me of the time I was courting you through phone calls. Just that now, you’re courting me to go home.” Seulgi says trying to make it sound like a joke. She needed to cheer up the mood.

“It , I know! Maybe if I am there with you, I can persuade you with just a few kisses.” Joohyun also feels the awkwardness in the air and tries her best to answer in jest.

“Joohyun, it will take more than that.” Seulgi’s voice suddenly dropped. “I’ll call you later.” She hangs up before her girlfriend says something else.

—-

“Seulgi-ah!” Seungwan shouts when she spots Seulgi waiting for her at the airport. She was dumbfounded when Seulgi told her to meet in Japan.

“Omo. You still look like a midget. After all these years, you didn’t grow a single inch!” Seulgi welcomes Seungwan with a bear hug.

“Does your girlfriend know you are here?” Seungwan asks as Seulgi leads them out of the airport. “I’ve seen her in the news, she’s quite a looker.”

“No. I didn’t tell her. I still haven’t answered her calls for the past three days. How are things in Korea?” Seulgi asks as she gives Seungwan a skeptical smile.

“There’s this thing called Google, you know!” Seungwan glares at Seulgi with exasperation.

“Aren’t you glad you saw me after five years?” Seulgi jokes and wraps her arms around Seungwan’s shoulders. She missed this midget alright.

“Yah! You should treat me to sake for not seeing you for a very long time!” Seungwan puts her arm around Seulgi’s waist. Much like how they were in high sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter