Caught

Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10 | Caught

Seulgi wakes up to the sound of her phone ringing. That ringtone seems familiar. It’s the one she assigned specifically for Seungwan. It’s seriously a Sunday and she just wants to lay in bed all day. She grabs the phone from the bedside with half of her eyes closed and answers the call.

“What’s it this time, Seungwan-ah!” Seulgi shouts over. She sits up and sees that Joohyun is not on her side. She knows her lover is a morning person.

“Seulgi are you aware of the headlines? They found you.” Seungwan says in her frantic voice. “Listen to me, you have to get out of there now.”

“Wait! What do you mean?” Seulgi is clearly awake now. She hears the panic in her best friend’s voice. “Slow down.”

“Are you with Bae Joohyun? Are you involved with her romantically?” Seungwan finally calms down and asks.

“Yes. I met her six months ago lost in the streets. We hit it off right then. I asked her to move in with me.” Seulgi explains coolly.

“Bae Joohyun is Senator Bae Seongwoo’s daughter. Some kind of Twitter post circulated and most people have identified it as Bae Joohyun. News just broke out! I think that was in Italy. Were in you in Italy?” Seungwan quickly goes back to her frantic way of speaking. She is clearly in panic.

“What? What are you saying?” Seulgi shouts in shock. “That was about two months ago. We were there celebrating our hundredth day.”

Joohyun goes into the room when she heard the commotion. Seulgi is being unusually loud in the morning. Her lover would never wake up this early on a Sunday.

“I’ll call you again, Seungwan. Thanks for telling me. I appreciate it.” Seulgi ends the call.

“Is something wrong?” Joohyun asks with a smile. She strides towards Seulgi who is already pulling herself up off the bed. She tries to kiss the taller lady on the lips but Seulgi evades it by bobbing her face away.

“Don’t lie to me. Did you know I was Kang Financial Group’s missing heiress?” Seulgi asks. Her tone is as stern as her face’s expression.

“What? You are?” Joohyun is shocked with the revelation. She stands frozen. She and Seulgi never talked about their lives in Korea. Both of them were living the moment. She was happy that Seulgi never pried about her past. “If you’re asking this, you might have found out I’m a senator’s daughter.” She stands frozen in place.

“Okay, judging from your reaction, I’m sure you didn’t know.” Seulgi kiss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter