Changed

Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17 | Changed

Seulgi remembers how her dad, Minhyuk is notorious for reprimanding tardiness. She saw in her younger years how her dad forced employees to resign for being late. It’s a trait she never quite grasped. She hasn’t been back in Korea for more than two days but here she is, meeting her father in their company. She thinks being late would get her father to make her resign and disown her again. If that would be the case, then this crap she and Joohyun is in, will be solved in a jiffy.

She knocks on her father’s office. It is already past nine in the morning but she was supposed to be in by eight. She wonders what her father would say to her. She readies herself for a much deserved scolding.

“You’re late.” Minhyuk greets her. “Again.” He clearly displays a frown on his face.

“I had to drop off Joohyun at their house.” Seulgi reasons as she sits on the seat opposite her father. “Thank you for helping me finalize my house sale.”

“Enough of personal talk. We can catch up later, after work hours. Your mother asked me to invite you to dinner at home. You can pick up Joohyun if you like.” Minhyuk hands Seulgi some documents. “I need your signatures for these. I’m transferring some stocks over your name.”

“I’m five years too late. Right, dad?” Seulgi takes the pen and gets them all signed. She doesn’t bother reading them. She already read them before she ran away.

“At least you took up the right field. Which position do you want to have?” Minhyuk offers.

“I’ll take whatever you give me. Doesn’t matter if I take the lowest rank.” Seulgi says nonchalantly, clearly implying to irritate the older Kang.

“How does Vice President sound? Does that sound low enough?” Minhyuk retorts as he knows Seulgi is giving him the cold shoulder. Seulgi is completely his splitting image in being stubborn.

“As long as I get a private office, that’s fine.” Seulgi says. She finds it amusing that her father doesn’t really get angry to the fullest this time.

“We’re also having that welcome party for you this weekend. Now that you’ve signed these, you currently stand as one of major stock holders in the company. You own twenty-five percent of the shares. I’ll name you as my heir there.” Minhyuk can’t help but feel pleased at this moment. He sees his daughter taking it in without resisting a bit.

---

Joohyun is quite surprised to see their father in their house this early. His father is a busy man and she never gets to see him unless they would have some publicity stunt to appear together.

“I never thought you’d make that stubborn child of Minhyuk to come back. I never thought letting you do what you want would be more be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter