Resolved

Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19 | Resolved

Seulgi is not sure what to tell Joohyun about last night. She has been given three days by Senator Bae to think about it. She has been parked a block away from their house, trying to decide what to tell her fiancée. She looks at the envelope she put in the passenger seat.

There are only two options.

One, come clean to Joohyun. Seulgi could just tell her fiancée it was Senator Bae’s fault. Should she tell her fiancée that her father made her drink that drugged whiskey and she enjoyed herself? The photos seemed like it wasn’t at all. Though she didn’t have any recollection of it, every shot is like she has lust in her eyes.

Two, just lie about it and give the money to Joohyun’s father so he would shut up about it.

She doesn’t need to pick now. There are three more days.

---

Seulgi decides to play it cool. She doesn’t need to choose sides now. She wants to be alone but that would be more than suspicious. She opens the door to their house and she is surprised to see Joohyun standing in front of her.

“Kang Seulgi! Where were you last night?” Joohyun says as she crosses her arms, demanding answers. She eyes Seulgi taking off her shoes and changes into slippers. “You left your phone with me. It’s a good thing Seungwan drove me home. I waited for you the whole night.” She was really worried. She didn’t know what happened to Seulgi. It was like her fiancée was gone like the wind from the party last night.

Seulgi feels the weight. She expected this. She wanted to come clean, to tell Joohyun the truth. But looking into those eyes, how can she tell her she slept with someone else last night when her fiancée stayed up late worrying for her? “Hyunnie, I thought my secretary informed you. I went to the office because something urgent came up.” Seulgi found that option two is the better option, at least for now. Joohyun was about to hug her but she sidesteps away. She needs to rinse off what happened last night. “I would just take a shower.” She feels bad about it.

She scrubs her skin until it turns red. Senator Bae’s words are still ringing in her ears. She only has three more days to think about it. Another hundred million is nothing to her. Now that she’s got her trust fund, she has more than that. But Joohyun needs to know. She thought going back to Korea was the only thing she has to do to get Joohyun back. This time, it’s really too much for her to bear.

Two days have passed and Joohyun noticed how off Seulgi was. They haven’t slept together after that party. Her fiancée has been spending too much time at the office. She even caught Seulgi sleeping on the living room couch. She cannot figure out what is happening. Seulgi is giving her the cold shoulder, giving her one sentence answers to her questions.

“Will you break up with me if I cheated on you?” Seulgi finally says. She went home early tonight after thinking on what to do for the past two days. When she entered the house, she headed st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter