Elevator

Undelivered Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one DMed me :( I guess I will deal with this fic alone... I hope I will do well...

 As if working non-stop is not enough for me to make my life miserable my mother’s condition is getting worse that I had to rush her to the hospital. I spent all of my saving on the hospital’s bills, I just want to see her healthy again but the doctors told me that she needs to take this medicine regularly and my two jobs won’t be enough to pay for it.

I skipped my work at the company today. I need to stay by my mother’s side. I hope my boss will understand me.

I was feeding my mom when my aunt came to visit her.

“Mom, see? My aunt is here, now please eat and make us happy”

My mom shook her head, she only ate the soup and refused to eat the rice.

“Don’t force her” my aunt smiled at me “let’s talk” she whispered and I left my mother’s room I leaned on the wall and sighed, it was a sleepless tiring night to me. And my body can give up anytime now.

“Take this” said my aunt as she handed me a white envelope “I sold a gold necklace I own-“

“What?” I cut her off “no no auntie, please. I can make money and pay for the bills spend this money on yourself and your family”

My words were useless as she shoved the envelope in my hand.

“Your cousins sent you some money too. We are a family son! What’s the meaning of the family if we don’t stand by your side through ups and downs?”  

I pulled her into a tight hug and thanked her multiple times. The money will help me pay for the medicine, I immediately paid for the hospital’s bills and bought four ocrelizumab (Ocrevus) bottles. They will last me for a while since she needs to take this syringe every two weeks.

I went to the house and slept for a few hours before I came back to the hospital…

~~

Next day – Morning

I took the night shift instead of Jackson since I was absent last night, I knew it will be a bad day when as soon as I arrived Sana called me and asked me to go to her office.

I knocked on the door and entered her office “good morning ma’am” I said bowing.

She was wearing her usual formal outfit, reading a paper with her glasses on. She looked at me and faked a smile “so you are here today?”

“Yes, I had to be absent for a personal reason”

She hummed “personal? Perhaps, did you spent some time with your girlfriend? Instead of coming to work”

I wish that miss Sana… I wish that.  

“No, one of my family members was sick”

“Such a beautiful lie”

“It’s not a lie!” I yelled a bit.

She slammed her palm on the desk “do not ever raise your voice on your superiors!” I clenched my fist and frowned at her “five hundred dollars are discounted from your salary”

“What? Mister President didn’t say anything about yesterday-“

“I talked to the president!” she sat back “and he told me to inform you that five hundred dollars are discounted from your salary this month that leaves you with only six hundred dollars I think it will be enough for you to spend it on your girlfriend”

“I don’t have a girlfriend” I said under my breath “now excuse me I need to go back to my work”

She smirked as she watched me leave her office.

“Chaeyoung how is yo-“ Momo was about to talk to me but I wasn’t in the mood at all. I walked back to the Company’s gate and stood there, hopeless and helpless as always.

Meanwhile…

“You what?” Momo yelled at Sana “why did you do that to him?”

“What do you mean with why? He was absent yesterday and didn’t say the reason to anyone even the president! He is a liar”

“Chaeyoung is a loner and doesn’t like to say his secrets to anyone! He didn’t want to say the reason and it’s so cruel to discount his salary you could at least respect his decision!”

“Why are you so caring about him? He is just a security guard at our company and I don’t like him at all”

“Till when you will look down at people that are under you?” Momo showed her disappointment in her best friend.

“Since they stop being under me!” Sana stated.

Momo sighed “you won’t ever change” she shook her head “anyway I will be in my office and I hope you will change your mind about Chaeyoung, he is a nice guy”

Sana hummed and looked down at the file between her hands.

 

 

A few days later - Night

I arrived at the hospital around nine but I found out that my phone is not with me and I forgot it at the company’s changing room. Great, now I have to go back to the company. Luckily my mother was sleeping so it’s okay to be late for a bit.

I greeted Jackson and rushed to the elevator where I call it, it took me a few minutes to grab my phone and go back to the elevator but instead of going down someone called it from elevator eight. Who is still here around this time?

The door got opened, revealing Sana in front of me.

“What are you doing here?” she said shockingly. I wasn’t in my uniform and her face looked pale the moment she saw me, I smirked playfully at her.

“I was looking for you”

“W-why?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter