New life

Undelivered Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five years later… 


The sun rose, like every other day, it did in Sana’s life. The now blonde-haired girl awoke due to the alarm on her phone. She turned it off and sat up, stretching as she looked at the sleeping figure next to her. Sana sighed and wore her robe and headed to the kitchen. Her parents were shocked by how good of a cooker she became. She was so immersed in preparing breakfast, secretly eating some toast to stop her stomach from growling. A smile formed on her lips upon hearing light footsteps come from behind her… Because that person with light steps is now the center of her life and has been for the past 5 years.
~

 

Meanwhile... The airport wasn’t as crowded as usual, the perfect time for Chaeyoung to return to Seoul. He was waiting for Momo who went to the restroom. Chaeyoung wore a crisp and clean white shirt with a jacket over, black pants on his lower limbs. His life changed 360° as soon as he stepped foot on Japan. The humble and selfless Chaeyoung is now nowhere to be seen.

He became an artist, even reaching fame internationally. His pieces even sell at ridiculously high prices. The thing is, he goes by the name of Jason Love. Jason Love is known for his amazing artwork, but nobody knows how he looks. Chaeyoung aka Jason Love lived his life to the fullest in Japan but he came running back to his home country because of one reason and one reason only.

He returned to accomplish his dream of becoming a teacher.

He was accepted at one of the most prestigious schools in Korea as an art teacher.

He leaned to the wall, smiling while reading positive comments on his social media accounts. Momo came out of the restroom and placed a kiss on his cheek, grinning. “Let’s go?”

Chaeyoung rubbed his nose on hers. “Let’s go.”

~~

A white Cadillac was waiting for them outside. Chaeyoung put their bags in the trunk and sat behind the steering wheel. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, inhaling the smell of the new car that always seems to catch him off guard.

Momo watched him with her soft eyes, loving how calm and serene he looks when he’s driving. It’s the same look he has when he’s drawing. He revved up the engine, enjoying the smooth sound of it, driving off afterward.

“Seoul changed a lot,” he said while looking out his window while Momo nodded. “For real.”

“Are you hungry?” He asked before Momo nodded excitedly.

“The plane’s food was awful.”

Chaeyoung held her hand and kissed it. “I will take you to the most expensive places here, just wait and see.”

Momo grinned and looked around, enjoying her time in Seoul after being away for more than four years.

~~


The two stopped by Lotte Hotel. Chaeyoung was greeted by the receptionist who was a big fan of Jason Love, sadly he doesn’t know that this hotel guest is his favorite artist. The receptionist led them to the restaurant where they sat at one of the nicest tables, away from all the other tables so they can have their privacy. In their little private section, the lights were dim and bookshelves were at each wall.

They ordered food and Momo was enjoying it unlike Chaeyoung, who called the waiter while frowning. “Please. I don’t want this dish.” 
“Why sir?” 

“I don’t like it,” Chaeyoung said with disgust. “Change it, bring me something else.” 

Momo gave the waiter a small smile before she looked down to her plate while Chaeyoung wiped his hands with the napkin and leaned back. “I chose the most expensive restaurant and the food isn’t even good.”  

“Chaeyoung, why are so nervous?”

“Me? Why would I be nervous?” 

“I don’t know, ever since you were driving, you were cursing and you looked very angry. What’s wrong?” 

“I was cursing because people here are bad at driving and now they are bad at cooking.” 

The black, short-haired girl looked at him and sighed. She deeply knows that Chaeyoung is mad because every corner of this place reminds him of his mother, Jeongyeon, and Sana. 

Chaeyoung and Momo finished their meal and went up to their room. Momo was tired after their long day of traveling and readjusting to their old home. On the other hand, Chaeyoung decided to tour around. He brought his camera with him, taking pictures of random people and buildings and things that just looked aesthetically pleasing to his eyes. A satisfied smile stuck to his face when he saw the candid photos he took. 

He decided to pass by a grocery store where he bought some candies and chocolate for Momo and himself. He stopped in front of the dessert section and smiled. “Oh. Strawberry cake,” he mewled in excitement. Before he was able to grab the last strawberry cake, a small hand beat him to it. 

“Mine,” the owner of the small hand said with sass.

Chaeyoung looked down just to see a boy who looks to be about five years old. The kid was looking up at him with his innocent yet dark eyes. Chaeyoung held the strawberry cake and got on one knee to get a better view of the kid’s face. 

His cheeks were red from the cool weather, a cute mole on his right cheek and a deep dimple on his left. Chaeyoung is baffled at how good looking the kid is. (The kid)

“You touched it first but since I am older, you should give it to me.” 

The kid raised an eyebrow at Chaeyoung. “I am younger and you should give it to me because older people should take care of young people. My mom always tells me so.” 

Chaeyoung chuckled and nodded. “Okay, you win, kid.” Chaeyoung ruffled the kid’s hair before handing the strawberry cake over. “Take care, kid,” he said before he made his way to the cashier. 

 

 


“Yanan?” A voice called out to the kid. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter