White card

Undelivered Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday – Morning 


“So? Where should we go?” Sana said excitedly as Chaeyoung drove. He stopped the car at a red light and looked at Sana warmly.

“I want to take you somewhere, but I don’t know if you’d like it.”

“Where?” Sana asked softly while staring at him. 

“To my mom,” he sighed. “She always asks me if I am in love or if I have someone special in my life and I always disappoint her and say no. I want to make her happy and inform her that I’ve finally found someone I truly love and cherish with my whole heart.” 

Sana leaned in and kissed Chaeyoung lips passionately before she smiled. “Take me wherever you’d like, Chaengie. I don’t mind as long as you’re with me.” 

Chaeyoung smiled shyly and kissed her hand. The two giggled when one of the cars behind them started beeping, impatient at the sudden green light. 
~~
Chaeyoung’s house

It was a perfect day and weather for Nara to sit in the garden with her sister. Chaeyoung hugged his mother while Sana shook hands with her. 
“How are you, mom?” He asked as he knelt in front of her. 

“F-fine, how are you s-son?” Nara replied as she caressed her only child’s cheek.

“I am great, mom, actually.” Chaeyoung turned around and held Sana’s hand. The latter was nervous. She held Chaeyoung’s hand tightly. “So, this pretty girl right here means the world to me.” He looked down shyly, continuing, “You always told me that love is one of the best things in the world and I never believed you until I realized that I am head over heels for this beautiful lady.” 

Nara got teary-eyed and looked at both of them before she reached to hold Sana’s hand. “Take care of his heart. It may not seem like it, but he’s very fragile,” she advised. 

“I will, I promise I will,” Sana replied with tears forming in her eyes. She was ridiculously happy that Chaeyoung’s mother accepted her with open arms.

Chaeyoung hugged his mom tightly before entering the house, taking Sana along with him. 
Chaeyoung’s aunt couldn’t stop teasing the two, especially everytime she would catch Chaeyoung staring at his girlfriend.

“What shall we eat today?” Jana asked. “Since we have a guest, I shall make something special.” 

“What about I help you?” Sana asked excitedly.

“You know how to cook?” Chaeyoung asked shockingly. 

“I am full of surprises, Son Chaeyoung,” she said flipping her hair. 

“You sure are,” he said, biting his lower lip while staring at her in adoration.

Jana faked a cough and winked at Sana who followed her to the kitchen. Chaeyoung, on the other hand, went to his mother’s room and sat beside her.

“S-son, go to the vanity and open the first drawer.” 

“Hm? Why?” Chaeyoung asked while standing up. “You might want to put some hand cream on.” 

He opened it just to see a dancing ballerina music box. “Take it,” said Nara. 

Chaeyoung grabbed it and twisted the key. The ballerina started spinning to Swan Lake music. 

“This was a gift from your father. Give it to Sana.” 

Chaeyoung smiled at his mother. “Why didn’t you show this to me before?” 

“B-because y-you n-never i-introduced m-me t-to your girlfriend before,” she muted a bit. “I know that this girl is special. I can tell by the way you look at her.” 


“Yeah, she is,” Chaeyoung smiled while thinking about Sana. He kissed his mother's hand and nodded. “I will give it to her later.” 


Nara smiled and slowly closed her eyes, drifting off to a deep sleep. 
~~


Lunchtime came, even though Chaeyoung tasted Sana’s food before, he was worried. 

Worried if his aunt wouldn’t like it or if it didn’t appeal to his mother taste. He examined the two of them as they chewed. He huffed out of nervousness as he tasted the noodle stir-fry. 

“As you said, it doesn’t need salt at all.” Jana smiled. “Such a delicious plate.” She patted Sana’s shoulder, who shyly smiled in return.

Chaeyoung swears if his mother and aunt weren’t in the room, he would have torn Sana’s clothes off. A girl who can cook well is totally his type.

“Thank you,” he said, holding her hand tightly. Sana can only blink and smile at him. Jana watched them with soft eyes, smiling because her nephew finally brought somebody home. 

Later, Sana insisted on washing the dishes. She was so immersed with her chore, not expecting a pair of strong arms to wrap around her waist. Just Chaeyoung’s scent can make her heartthrob. She smiled and turned her head to the side to look at Chaeyoung, smiling at him before she decided to go back to washing the plates. 

“I didn’t know you can do household chores so well.” 

Sana turned the water off and turned her body to fully face Chaeyoung. “What do you mean?” Her arms placed itself around Chaeyoung’s neck.

“I mean, I thought you were a spoiled girl who wouldn’t even know the difference between a tomato and a potato.” Chaeyoung shrugged. “But I guess, first impressions aren’t always right.” 

“Ever since I was young, my parents were never around.” Sana’s tune changed to sad out of nowhere. “I remember when I was in high school, I used to come home and find the house empty. I’ve almost burned the house down several times because I would try to cook,” she laughed, “But, eventually, I managed to figure things out myself.” 

Chaeyoung frowned and cupped her face. “My baby suffered a lot...” 

Sana looked down. “It’s not a big deal. They worked hard so I could live comfortably.” 

Chaeyoung nodded at her. “I want you to know that the more I learn about you, the deeper I fall for you.” He cupped her face. “I promise I will take care of your heart like you take care of these dirty dishes,” he whispered before laying his palm against her cheek, giving himself more support to push himself towa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter