Broken angel

Undelivered Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days passed…

Chaeyoung and Sana are no longer together, but they’re both dying of loneliness. It’s sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew. That’s what’s happening to them.

Sana took a break from work and she basically isolated herself from the rest of the world. She was currently sitting on the couch in her living room with her legs up to her chest. As she was staring blankly at whatever was on the TV, she sighed for the umpteenth time. She lost count on how many times she broke up with someone but no break up ever felt this heart-wrenching.
 

She wiped the tear that suddenly fell and rolled onto her cheek. Pressing her lips together, she wished she could stop thinking about Chaeyoung and their memories together. The ringing of the doorbell brought her back to reality. She opened the door only to find Momo in front of her. Sana walked back to the couch and sat down, staring at the TV blankly. 

“How are you?” Momo asked as she sat beside her.

Sana chuckled and looked at her best friend “Trying my best to be fine.” 

“What happened?” 

“Chaeyoung broke up with me.” 

“So?” Momo asked. “This isn’t the first time your relationship didn’t last long.” 

Sana shook her head. “Chaeyoung isn’t like the other guys I’ve dated,” Sana got teary eyed. “I love everything about him. His appearance, the way he speaks and thinks, the way he takes care of me and the way he looks at me with so much love… I miss him,” Sana sobbed and buried her face between her knees while Momo kept staring at her. She’s never seen Sana like this. She can feel her love for him but Momo was convinced that the two should discontinue their relationship, especially since Sana was beyond promiscuous in the past. Momo pulled her best friend in for a tight hug, one that Sana definitely needed. 

“It’s okay,” the older comforted. 

“Do you think we will get back together? How is he? Is he okay?” 

“Hm?” Momo smiled. “He is doing well.”

“Do you think he is hurting like how I am? Does he at least miss me?” 

Momo faked a smile and nodded. “He does… Don’t worry, he does.” 
~~

 


Chaeyoung, on the other hand, wasn’t doing any better… He lost his mother and the girl he loved on the same day. At some point, you have to realize that some people won’t stay in your life forever. His mother is now with the angels while Sana is and always will be on another level, a level he isn’t good enough to reach. Chaeyoung has lost all his trust in Sana. Unfortunately, loving someone just isn’t enough. If respect and trust nowhere in sight, love can never make up for it. 

He lit a cigarette and poured some whiskey into a glass cup before the doorbell rang. He opened the door, finding Momo with the biggest smile on her face. She was holding a plastic bag. “I bought your favorite. Ddeokbokki.” 

He looked at her blankly and turned to walk back to the couch. He just isn’t in the mood, feeling somewhat dead inside.

Momo sat beside him and took off her coat. “Chaeyoung, being like this won’t bring your mother back.” 

Chaeyoung looked at Momo with half-lidded eyes. “I know,” he sniffed. “I broke up with Sana, Momo-ya.” He eyed Momo for a reaction but the latter didn’t move a single muscle. “You don’t seem surprised.” 

“Because I already knew. I visited Sana just before I came here.” 

“How is she?” Chaeyoung asked bitterly. “Fine?” 

Momo nodded “Yeah, she is. Sana is a strong girl, after all. She gets over these types of things easily,” Momo lied.

Chaeyoung chuckled, “Of course she can, she’s been through this a lot. Jumping from one man to another is her hobby, I guess.” 

“Did you go to work today?” Momo changed the subject because deeply, she knows what she did was wrong. She could’ve brought the two back together but her love for Chaeyoung caused her to push them further apart. It’s okay to be selfish sometimes. Right?

Chaeyoung shook his head, “I quit my job.”

Momo caressed Chaeyoung’s back. “Chaeyoung, please don’t do this to yourself. Everything will be okay. You can start a new life.” 

“Everything reminds me of my mom and Sana. This house, the streets… Everything.” 

Momo cupped his small face and made him look at her. “It’s all in the past, Chaeyoung. You can follow me to Japan. It’ll help distract you from all this negativity. Plus, I can turn you into a famous artist.” She touched his heart as Chaeyoung stared into her eyes. The dark circles around his eyes didn’t make him less attractive. His eyes were deep enough for Momo to dive into and get lost.

Momo followed her heart, she leaned in and kissed his lips softly while he didn’t move and just kept looking at her blan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter