Closer

Undelivered Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sana! Sana!” As much as Chaeyoung tried calling her, Sana wouldn’t listen. “I can explain,” he said as they stood in the garden. Sana turned red, hating herself for being more embarrassed than shocked. Suddenly, flashbacks of that night came to her mind. She remembers how she clung to that guy and hugged him. She remembers their meeting by the club and every single second of that night. Her eyes couldn’t meet Chaeyoung’s. “Sana please listen to me.” 

Sana was finally able to look at him when she felt her heart throb for the first time ever in her life. She hated how her heart decided to beat for this person. Not once did her heart beat for any other man, yet it acts up around her fake boyfriend. 

Jeongyeon on the other hand, grabbed Chaeyoung's arm and pulled him close to him “I need an explanation.” Jeongyeon fumed, “Tell me this isn’t real. You’re not really dating Sana. Right?” 

Chaeyoung was puzzled, his eyes focused on Sana’s retreating figure entering the villa. He looked back at Jeongyeon and sighed. Seems like Jeongyeon has caught on to their lies.  “Later Jeongyeon, later,” he said patting the older’s shoulder before walking to the villa’s living room. He only found Sara with Rex on the couch “where is Sana?” 

“She left” Sara replied while walking to Chaeyoung “You two fought, right?” She laughed maniacally before saying, “I knew this relationship wouldn’t last long.” Smirking, Sara began spitting even more words of hate to Chaeyoung. “I’m anticipating the day Sana breaks up with you.” 

“You must be crazy if you think I’ll ever let Sana go so easily.” Chaeyoung muted a bit. He wanted to say that out loud, but he was taught respect his elders even if he isn’t being treated right. Sighing, Chaeyoung uttered, “Send my gratitude to mister Hinata. I need to go somewhere, ma'am.” Chaeyoung bowed his head before making his way out of the villa. 

A few hours later, Chaeyoung finally arrived at the hospital where the doctor was preparing his mother to discharge from the place. The two finally arrived home around five with his mom falling into a deep sleep after a long tiring day. Chaeyoung smiled a contented smile before walking into his room to try and call Sana. Although he rung her phone several times, Sana never once picked up.

Meanwhile, Sana sat in her living room, watching a movie she wasn’t even paying attention to. She’s been so out of it, distracted and deep in thought. Overall, she feels so confused and lost and those kind of feelings . It makes you feel a hundred times lonelier. It brings you more desolation to the soul. Sana can’t deny that she likes Chaeyoung. Even if he isn’t rich and works as a security guard for her company, Chaeyoung still managed to steal her heart. Yes, he’s good looking, but his personality is what really Sana has hooked. She can’t get him out of her mind. Even while thinking about something else, a small detail makes her think about Chaeyoung again. 

She laid on the couch and stared at the ceiling, pulling out the coin Chaeyoung found. She stared at the coin between her fingers, now knowing why she kept it. “Sana… Why him? Why?” Sana whined before falling asleep. 

 

Morning – Monday

Chaeyoung woke up earlier than usual. He prepared breakfast for his mother before wearing his outfit and leaving.  

He waited for Sana by the gate after arriving to work. He didn’t care about anyone else. His eyes were searching for her until he saw Momo coming into his way. 

“Hey,” she greeted him with a smile.

“Hey, did you see Sana?” 

“Sana?” Momo was shocked upon hearing Chaeyoung call Sana informally. 

“I mean ma’am,” he corrected herself. “I need to ask her something about my salary.” 

“You can ask me, I ca-“

“No,” he cut her off. “I need to talk to HER.” 

“Well, I saw her car in the garage so she is here. Maybe she is in her office or-” 

“Thank you Momo!” chaeyoung patted Momo’s head before he ran to the elevator. 

To say Momo was more than curious is an understatement. She followed Chaeyoung as he went to Sana’s office. He sighed out of disappointment, but then he saw a glimpse of Sana in the printing room. He smiled as he walked to her, but her reaction was the opposite of his. Sana tried to avoid him, attempting to walk out, but Chaeyoung stopped her. 

“Please listen to me, I didn’t tell you that it was me because our first few meetings weren’t so friendly, but I swear, I swear I was planning to tell you. I didn’t plan to lie to you or hide it from you,” Chaeyoung said, more like pleaded. 

“I was just shocked that it was you out of everyone in this city. I am... I am embarrassed.” Sana looked away.

“You should be happy that it was me and not some ert. Don’t you think?” Sana blushed and looked down. “Tonight. Let’s go out together. My treat.” Chaeyoung couldn’t stop smiling, same goes for Sana. “Hm?” he added while looking into her eyes, asking for confirmation.  
“Okay, sure.” Sana smiled.

Chaeyoung bit his lower lip and walked backwards. For a moment, they both forgot that they used to dislike each other, also forgetting that they are fake dating. 

Momo witnessed the whole scene from afar but she didn’t hear their exchange of words. But she did take note of Chaeyoung smiling and she realizes she’s never seen him wear such a big smile.

“What’s happening between you two?” Momo said under her breath before feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket “Hello?”

“Momo, this is Jeongyeon. Please don’t hung up,” Jeongyeon begged, “Can we meet today? I need to tell you something… It’s about Chaeyoung.” 

“Okay, Let’s meet in Spiral coffee shop.”

“Alright.” 

Momo sighed with her eyes focused on Sana “Please don’t hurt my Chaeyoung. Please.” 
~~

Night – Spiral coffee shop

Jeongyeon was sitting across f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter