Doubts

Undelivered Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days passed…


In one of the most luxurious condominiums in Seoul, stood Chaeyoung in his new condo on the 27th floor. He wore his typical attire, white button-up with black slacks. He was staring at the busy city streets through the ceiling to floor window. He frowned remembering the day he spent at Sana’s home. Chaeyoung knows Sana very well and he can tell she’s unhappy living with an ungrateful husband. Chaeyoung sighed, knowing he can’t do a single thing about it because it’s not his place. Plus, he might take his relationship with Momo to the next level. He knows it isn’t well thought out and maybe he’s rushing things with his girlfriend, but seeing that Sana is married, Chaeyoung can’t help but think up irrational ideas. His thoughts were cut off by Momo who came and back hugged him. Her arms wrapped around his chest and he held her hands in response.

“I miss you,” his girlfriend whispered. Since the day Chaeyoung ran into Sana, he’s been acting strangely. Nowadays, all he does is scroll through his phone, draw, and sleep, literally nothing else. Momo kissed his back before he turned around to face her. Chaeyoung cupped her face and smiled.

“Baby, I am so tired. You know we just moved in and I helped the movers today so I am exhausted. I’ll go on and take a shower and sleep after.”

“Sure,” Momo croaked as she forced a smile. She watched him go into their bedroom, sighing before she turned to look at the alluring lights of the city’s nightlife, wondering what could possibly be wrong with Chaeyoung.
~~


On the other hand, Sana was sitting in the living room. Yanan was peacefully sleeping on the couch while Jooheon was sitting beside his wife, browsing through his laptop. 

“Sana, look at these paintings,” he said, scooting closer to her. “These are the works of Jason Love. No one knows who they are. We don’t even know if this person’s a lady or a man. They’re anonymous and I need to collaborate with them so bad.” 

Sana coughed and stared back at Jooheon who looked to be in deep thought. “The company’s stocks are dropping?” She asked.

Jooheon nodded. “I don’t want to lie to you Sana, there are many up and coming brands and the competition is very strong. We need something huge to help us rise back to the top and I’m certain this Jason Love can help.” He held her hand and smiled bitterly at her. “Wish me luck.”

“I trust you and father,” she flashed a smile, receiving a kiss on her hand. He turned his attention back to his laptop, not seeing Sana bite her lower lip, falling into a daydream. She knows it’s a crazy idea, but Sana needs to save the company. If she has to force Chaeyoung into a tiny confinement room, then she’ll do just that. As long as Chaeyoung, AKA Jason Love agrees to collaborate with their company. 
~~

Next day - Dwight School

It’s as if Sana knew Chaeyoung’s schedule. The two met at the school’s gate. She scolds herself when she felt her knees go weak at the sight of her ex.
 
He looks really good. Too bad he’s an . Chaeyoung bowed to her as he approached. “I am here to ask you a favor, but first of all, let’s go somewhere,” she said before sashaying away from the art instructor. The way she’s walking isn’t normal. Sana knows she’s showing off, but she still has her dignity, so she denies doing such a thing. 

“Sure, let’s go,” he said, following the Japanese girl who made her way to his car. The ride was awkward and silent, but none had the nerve to initiate a convo. He parked at the nearest coffee shop where they both ordered coffee. “So,” he started off.

Sana fidgeted with her fingers under her table before looking at him. “I want you to collaborate with our company.”

“I feel bad for you, Chaeyoung, I truly

“He’s long gone,” he retorted. “When I discovered that people could easily hurt and mess with him and cheat on him,” he leaned closer, “Now it’s time for me to watch your life break down and fall apart. I am here now because of you and the scars you’ve caused me, Minatozaki Sana.” 

With knitted brows, Sana spat back. “Why are you like this? Where is the old Chaeyoung I once knew, the humble and kind one?”

It’s as if Chaeyoung turned into a completely different person. He sat back and crossed his legs like a fancy, rich snob. He stared at Sana, eyeing her from head to toe. “Such a weird world. Karma must really exist,” he chuckled mockingly. “I remember the days you used to look down to me because of my appearance and job. Now you’re asking for a collaboration with me so your company won’t go broke. You gave me the chills,” he mocked, rubbing his arms.

“My husband is searching for Jason Love because he’s our last hope. Our company is falling apart and I can’t stand to see my husband and father this worried and stressed. We need to be back on top and you’re the only thing that can bring us back to where we were before.” 

Chaeyoung chuckled, “Me?” He asked, pointing at himself. 

do.” she said with a cracked voice before making her way o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter