The end

Undelivered Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Peace is a day-to-day problem, the product of a multitude of events and judgments.
Peace is not an ‘is,’ it is a ‘becoming.’ - Haile Selassie

A few weeks passed…

Sana and Chaeyoung’s relationship was full of ups and downs but they overcame everything. What used to be two people who were raised differently and have totally different personalities still came back together as one. They’re married and are now living a peaceful life with their son, Yanan.


Yanan had a hard time adjusting to this new father figure in his life and it took him a while to really embrace the idea of being Son Yanan not Lee Yanan. Eventually, he noticed the major differences between Jooheon and Chaeyoung. Both men are busy but only Chaeyoung really tries to make time for his family. With discipline as well, Chaeyoung was more kind.

Yanan most especially noticed his mother’s smile now. It’s brighter and she genuinely looks happier and that was the one thing that made Yanan come to accept his real father.

Now, Sana was sitting in the living room, drowning in her thoughts when Chaeyoung sat beside her. “I fed Yanan, showered him and now he is sleeping peacefully. Mission accomplished,” he smiled proudly at his wife. “Now, I have another duty to fulfill,” he chuckled leaning in, trailing kisses on her cheek and neck before Sana laughed and stopped him.

“Chaengie, wait.”

“What?” He asked confusingly.

“I want to ask you something.”

“Go ahead. I am listening, princess”

“I am so content with everything right now and married life with you is amazing, but I feel like something’s missing.”

“What is it?” Chaeyoung asked calmly.

“I want to clear things with Momo.” He hummed in response as Sana held his hands. “I know she settled down with Jeongyeon and maybe we won’t be friends like before but I do love her.”  

“Is that what you want?” Sana smiled and nodded at him. “Then go ahead, meet her and talk everything out.”

“Thank you,” she said, hugging him tightly while he rubbed her back softly.
~~

Next day – Jeongyeon’s restaurant

Sana took a sip of her coffee as she sat in front of Momo. The latter’s hair is growing almost as fast as her pregnant tummy.
 

Sana was looking around, observing Jeongyeon’s fancy restaurant when Momo squinted her eyes at her. “Sana, ten minutes passed and you haven’t said anything. Why did you want to meet?”

“The restaurant is so beautiful! Jeongyeon has good taste, where is he by the way?”

“Yeah, he does” said Momo proudly. “Unfortunately, he is out of town for a meeting.”

Sana hummed and smiled at her friend. “Are you happy, Momo?”

The latter nodded. “After all these years, I realized that Chaeyoung wasn’t the right guy for me. It was always Jeongyeon. He looks at me like I’m the light of his life and he treats me better than a queen should be treated. Jeongyeon’s actions speak louder than words, he makes me fall deeper for him every single day. He is the missing puzzle piece I’ve been looking for.”

“I am happy to see your eyes shine while talking about him. That’s enough for me.”

Momo smiled and looked away. “You don’t hate me, Sana, right?”

“Not at all, If I did, I wouldn’t had call you. Yeah, I was mad at you for taking Chaeyoung away from me five years ago but I had very little hope that he would be mine again. That very little hope was enough to stop me from hating you completely.”

Momo nodded and held Sana’s hand. “If you ever need a shoulder to lean on or someone to chat with, I will be always here, okay?”

Sana nodded and got up, followed by Momo. The two walked out of the building and stood in front of the restaurant, hugging goodbye. “Let’s meet again, okay?”

Momo nodded before she spotted a black van coming towards their direction and abruptly park in front of them. Two masked men jumped out and came running towards Sana and Momo. They both tried to fight the men off but everything happened so fast and the two weak girls found themselves blindfolded and unconscious in the van that simply drove away from the restaurant.
~~

Jeongyeon was in the middle of his meeting when he noticed seven missed calls flashing as a notification on his lock screen. “Excuse me,” he told the other businessmen.

“If the restaurant is not on fire I will-“ he started the call off.

“SIR! PLEASE, COME FAST,” one of his waiter yelled through the call.

“What happened? What’s wrong?”

“MA’AM WAS KIDNAPPED!”

“WHAT!?” Jeongyeon hollered.

“T-there was another girl with her too!”

“Sana~” Jeongyeon muttered under his breath, recalling when Momo told him that she will meet with Sana. “I’m coming now. Don’t call the police yet!”

“Roger that!”
~~

Chaeyoung was on his laptop when his phone rang. “Yes, Jeongy-?”

“Where are you?”

“At home, why?”

“Meet me at my restaurant, hurry!”

“Why-?”

“SANA AND MOMO WERE KIDNAPPED!”

Chaeyoung was shattered. He was driving blankly, forcing himself not to break into tears. He arrived at the restaurant where Jeongyeon was in his office, staring at the CCTV footage with his waiters who all stood next to him with heads down.

“Why you- Why didn’t you save them?” Chaeyoung asked while watching the cctv show Sana stuck in the masked man’s arms. “We have to call the poli-“

“DON’T!” Jeongyeon hollered, “The kidnapper will call soon. Of course, he has demands so let’s wait for an-“
Chaeyoung’s phone ringing

“A private number.”

“ANSWER!” Jeongyeon yelled and motioned his waiters to leave the office.

“Hello?”

“Ohh~ It’s been a long time Son Chaeyoung or must say... Jason Love”

“Jooheon~” Chaeyoung gripped the phone.

“Exactly! You thought you got rid of me, huh?”

“What do you want?”

“It’s simple, you know what I want.” Chaeyoung snarled and stared at Jeongyeon with teary eyes. “Sana was and will always be mine.”

“Nope. She is my wife and my everything. I won’t give up on her easily, especially not for some trash like you.”

“Tsk tsk tsk, don’t provoke me, Chaeyoung. I am not one to mess with and I don’t mind doing some things to her and her pregnant friend here.” Jooheon chuckled. “Don’t think about calling the police. That will only bring an early death for these two ladies.”

“Your problem is with me. Face me and don’t involve anybody else.” Chaeyoung sighed. “Momo is pregnant, please don’t hurt them.”

“Aww, I like your begging tone. It brings me chills. Goodbye now, my baby has woken.”

“Jooheon~” Chaeyoung called but it was too late, the call ended. Chaeyoung sat on the couch, desperately looking at Jeongyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter