Friendly Act

EYRE | J.JK

Jungkook tightened his hug, he kiss her shoulder as he said. "I can't.. I can't stop myself from getting involved."

--

"E-Eyre... What... do you... mean?" Minhee stuttered. Her heart beat faster and her cheeks getting rosy. The kiss definitely made her shivered. Jungkook's warmth on Minhee's back made her not want to let go. She wanted that warmth to last forever, but... she's aware of her position... of being nobody to Jungkook's life.

Jungkook didn't reply. He drowned in the embrace. Minhee's hair smelled so good that he felt like he was being hypnotized. But it didn't last long. Minhee didn't want to misunderstand the situation as she slowly hold Jungkook's arm to move them. He let go.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook said standing up. Minhee also stood up and turned her body to face Jungkook, her eyes still swollen from crying before. "I don't mean to hug you like that. Ah... I mean, I hugged you just now but... It's not like i like you or anything—"

"So you hate me?" Minhee cut Jungkook. She knew he didn't but the situation was very cute to her. He was shy with his words and it gave her the urge to .

"No! Not like that. I do not hate you. Do not say that, Jane. I mean... I like you... as a friend... Yes! ...as a friend!" He panicked for a second as he looked at her. "I care about you. I do... so... it's natural that i can't stop getting involved in your problem, right?" He continued while looking down, unable to meet Minhee's eyes with that sentence.

She smiled. His answer was expected and she was more than happy with that. Being friends always better than nobody. After all, she already gave up the little idea of being more than friends. She moved closer to Jungkook and hugged him properly.

"Thank you, Eyre." She said as Jungkook surprised at her action, his eyes widen. "And i am hugging you back as a friend." She patted his back to make her action more... friendly.

He let out a small silent sigh, hoping she didn't notice his letdown. It felt different from his hug earlier, but he forced himself to ignore that. He faked a giggle and patted her back too, confirming their friendly act between each other.

"So, do you want to go somewhere or do you want me to walk you home?" He said while they let go of each other.

"Well, it's definitely a tough day to me today... but i think i still can manage to attend my next class." She answered.

"No, you can't. Look at yourself." He giggled. "Look at your eyes. I can't tell it's your eyes or a pair golf balls." He raised his index finger and pointed toward Minhee's eyes with mischief.

Minhee knew her eyes would swell but she didn't know that the swelling would be this bad. She looked at herself on her phone screen using the front camera. Oh yeah, she would attract people's attention for sure. Such a perfect situation for face palming herself.

"But i don't feel like coming home yet. Doing nothing at home will make me think a lot and... You know what i will think about, right... I mean something just happened to me... it's not that i want to be with you or what... I... I just—"

"So you don't want to be with me?" He cut her, pretending to act like Minhee earlier to get revenge.

"Oh please. This is how you want to play?" She rolled her eyes, realizing the act.

"Alright. Alright. So..." He took a second to think and he remembered something as he showed his bunny smile. "How about you go with me and meet my hyungs. You know, the plan failed before but i still want to introduce my best friend to them." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Wow. Now i'm not just a friend anymore. You sure take things fast." She paused to look at his eyes and smiled. "Thanks again, Jeon Jungkook." She continued.

"You said my name again." He grinned widely.

"Yeah, i was being serious with that. I sent my gratitude to Jeon Jungkook not you, Eyre." She was happy with his reaction but she instead as a smirk could be seen in her face.

"If you want to thank him so much than let's go his dorm." He pulled Minhee's wrist and dragged her out.

"Wait. You mean by meeting your hyungs is going to your dorm?" She asked with disbelief. "For your information, it seems like i have to tell you that i am a woman. And... it seems dangerous for a woman to go into a dorm full of grown men."

"Oh come on. They don't bite." He convinced lightly.

--

In the end, Minhee stood in front of Jungkook's apartment nervously. Not only the fact that she is a woman but she is not a person who likes to meet new people, let alone go into their homes. She didn't know how to behave or what to say. It seemed like visiting Jungkook's hyung wasn't a good idea. Jungkook continued to convince Minhee that she was overthinking. He was sure she would have fun and would soon get close to them.

Jungkook pressed his apartment password and let Minhee enter. He moved to the side, slightly bowed and stretched his hand out, gesturing like a servant who let the madam in. She rolled her eyes and entered cautiously, observing all directions that could be seen whether there was a movement from someone inside. She's certainly overthinking. Jungkook chuckled and shook her head. He told Minhee to sit anywhere in the living room while he searched for his hyungs.

"Jane, come here. They're all in the kitchen preparing dinner." Jungkook invited Minhee to a room in the very back of his apartment. The kitchen and dining room are located right next to the balcony, which makes the room look beautiful with a view framed like a painting on the wall. Minhee gasped as she entered the room, making her not aware of the presence of the six men besides Jungkook who were looking at her.

One of the hyungs who was in the middle of cutting broccoli, cleared his throat that made Minhee snapped from her amazement and apologized. They all chuckled, smiling warmly at her. She got awkward, confused with what to do. The broccoli chopper man approached Minhee. He bowed a little and greeted her. Minhee realized that she had not greeted any of them yet, she slightly panicked, immediately bowed and greeted the man in front of her and others.

"So what's your name, Kookie's friend? You know me right?" Once again, the broccoli chopper man talked to her. He stood with a perfect posture—shoulders back and exposed neck, reflecting his smugness.

"Ow. I know you from the fan sign, but... i'm really sorry. I can't remember your name. I'm really really sorry." She bowed again, this time gesturing apologize.

"What?! You're an Army but you don't know my name?! Even though i'm not your bias, you still have to know my name, don't you? What are you really?" He babbled endlessly like an old grumbling grandfather. His face showed distrust to the strange woman who stood in front of him.

"Once again, i'm really sorry. I'm not an Army. It's a long story. But... here's the thing that bothered me so much." She sighed before took a long breath and stared at the man. "If you aren't King Sejong the Great or Prince Charles of Wales or President of United States, then don't ask random people who you are. It's like i ask you who my old bunny doll's name is, you know." No matter how hard Minhee tried to be polite, this man made her annoyed and she couldn't resist her death spray.

"What?! I don't know who your bunny doll's name is." The man stunned with her answer.

"Exactly." She nodded her head, agreeing to him.

"Oh i like you. You're Jane, right? I'm Jimin. I heard a lot about you from Kookie. Just ignore Jin hyung." Jimin came closer. Minhee knew her, he's the most familiar among Jungkook's hyungs.

"Kookie..." Minhee giggled hearing the pet name they gave Jungkook. The maknae didn't argue, but a flush creeped across his cheeks.

"Taehyung, what are you doing? Don't take off the salmon skin!" Jin suddenly said, seeing someone tried to work in his kitchen.

"Oh sorry. I just wanted to help since i'm already very hungry and you guys still busy greeting our guest." Taehyung raised his both hand up in the air, like he was caught.

"You should keep that skin on. It provides a safety layer between your fish's flesh and a hot pan. The skin will help the meat retain its moisture as it cooks. Plus, everyone knows that salmon is full of healthy fats, but much of those are actually stored in the skin. Omega-3's, known to help prevent heart attacks, are found in the salmon's fat and get absorbed by the skin during cooking." Minhee blurted out, making everyone looked at her in amazement.

"What? Now i'm weird because i'm educated?" She rolled her eyes.

"Wow, you have a y brain. I like you. I'm Namjoon, this group's y leader. Have dinner with us." One more smug person came to Minhee and greet her.

"Yeah, Namjoon's right. You are our special guest, Kookie never brought a girl home. You are the first. Maybe soon you're officially become our sister, or you're already one?" Jimin tried to catch her attention with his one arm took her shoulder.

"Oh shut up, hyung. Don't . She's my friend." Jungkook pulled Minhee wrist to make her came closer and off from Jimin.

"Calm down, man. If she can't be our sister because of dating you, then she can be our sister because of dating me, right? How is it, Jane? Isn't that a good idea?" Jimin took her shoulder once again.

"I am dating my bunny doll and his name is Never-Tease-Me-or-I-Kill-You." Minhee shrugged them off and moved away.

At first, Jungkook was happy when it seemed that his hyungs could accept Minhee well, even Minhee could still be herself while chatting with them. That was his first concern when he decided to brought her. He didn't want her to get uncomfortable. But when Jimin began to , the uneasiness appeared. He began to doubt whether his decision to introduce Minhee to them was right. Yeah right, she is his friend and Jimin is a good man too but... you know...

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS. Jungkook and Minhee or Jimin and Minhee?

Comments are loved:)

I'm on Wattpad too with the same ID. I always update my story there first. For example, if here chapter 12 was up, on wattpad chapter 13 would up. So if you're interested, you can check it there. I'll be very thankful because it'll help me gaining reads and ranking.

XOXO,

PANDAMAXO