Trip.

As life goes on.

Maybe it would be a good idea to let one know what happened during the summer just before high school.

 

Jongdae, as every other summers, was gonna go to summer camp.

It was kind of a tradition for him. He had loads of fun the previous years, and a lot of friends there too. 

The thing was, his best friends from camp wouldn't go that year, and Jongdae was reluctant to go as well, thus, months before, he asked Baekhyun if the guy could come with him.

Baekhyun asked Mama, and to be honest, he knew it was kind of a tricky situation 'cause going to summer camp wasn't free, and that year, in school they were supposed to go to England. 

Mama didn't have the money to send him to both of those trips, and so Baekhyun had to make a choice. 

 

__

Summer Camp with Jongdae was..crappy.

Jongdae himself was disappointed. He used to love it there, but maybe he was now too old for it.

They were the oldest, and Baekhyun felt so out of place that the only thing he could do to not feel so alone was to pass time on his phone, listening to some music, letting Escape The Fate scream into his ears while writing, again.

Jongdae, even though he didn't enjoy it like the previous years, still had fun with the other teens. One of the girl was flirting with him so badly,

and Jongdae enjoyed it. He ended up dating her (for a day).

 

After one of the adults asked Baekhyun to stop being on his phone or he would have to take it away, Baekhyun had no other choice but to listen to the nonsense the other kids were talking about. 

It's not that he felt like he was better than them (far from that, actually), it's just that he couldn't really understand how smoking (kind of), drinking (they said they liked to do so), and making fun of other people was cool. 

Baekhyun had done that before, it never made him look cool.

Smoking a cig ? Scratch that. He once found Baekgyu's pack of cigarettes when he was 7 years old, and Baekhyun was no foul. Mama smoked. Baekgyu smoked. And his father did as well. He knew what they were for. So he gave it a try, and ended up smoking the entire pack. (Well, smoking is a big word. Baekhyun never really knew what to do after putting the cig between his lips and lighting it up. He was a kid.) 

What about drinking ? Mama drank all the time. Baekhyun knew what kind of trouble alcohol meant. Plus, his father made him taste wine when he was like 3 years old, and Baekhyun didn't have a good memory of that. 

Baekhyun, form age 12, already told Mama that he would never smoke or drink. 

Mama was kind of happy to hear him say that.

 

During night time though, Baekhyun, Jongdae, and two other boys were all sharing a tent. 

As Jongdae was talking to the others, Baekhyun wasn't going to ignore them, so he joined the conversation.

Night had that kind of power on him. It felt like he could actually say anything he wanted to.

One of the other guy, Baekhyun learned, knew Mee Na, because she was dating one of his friend.

It didn't take long for the chubby guy to finally admit that he was in love with her. It didn't feel like it was big deal at the time, because he was going to be in high school and never see her again, so there wouldn't be any awkwardness between them, or any rejection, for that matter.

 

__

Baekhyun hated himself, when a few days after he came back home, Mee Na opened a chat room and asked him if it was true. If he was indeed in love with her.

He hated himself because why the would he even admit it to someone he barely knew ? (Again, he thought maybe he should stop trusting people so easily.)

It hit him again though (after a mental breakdown), that he wasn't wrong when he thought he would never see her again. There was actually nothing to fear, because Mee Na wasn't gonna be in the same high school. There were so many choices. Why would she be there ?

So Baekhyun took a big gulp of air, and after what felt like an eternity, answered her that yes, he was indeed in love with her.

__

 

He wasn't expecting Mee Na's boyfriend to make fun on him on Mee Na's Facebook wall.

Nor was he expecting Mee Na to show up at his front door a few days later, asking him where he was gonna be in high school, and telling him that she was going to same place. 

 

__

Baekhyun, in high school, wasn't particularly popular. 

Jongdae wasn't either, but he was a pretty handsome guy, so he did have the attention of the mass.

They made a few friends, and they had fun, no matter what happened.

__

 

Baekhyun, for his 14th birthday, asked Mama for a piercing.

He started high school with a jewel on the right part of his face, just under his lips. Baekhyun thought it was kind of cool. It looked like he was kind of a grown up. 

 

 

High school wasn't bad. 

He was one of the best of his class, without even trying, and everyday, he had fun with Jongdae.

The worse thing about high school, at the time, was to wake up early to catch the 7am bus.

 

The really good thing about high school, was how Mee Na would take the same bus as Jongdae and Baekhyun to go back home in the end of the day. 

It was how Mee Na and Baekhyun would constantly be laughing and having fun together in the bus.

It was how, that time, when someone told Mee Na that her boyfriend, Baekhyun, needed her help, she didn't deny anything, and just kept doing whatever it was she was doing. (Baekhyun thought his heart was going to explode)

What Baekhyun loved about high school, was how Mee Na would sit in front of him and let him play with her hair during class. 

He didn't like it, when Mee Na told him, during one of their lesson, that she was going to move out the next summer. 

But he loved the way Mee Na asked him if he was going to miss her, and how, when he said yes, she promised to come and say goodbye to him before leaving.

 

High school was doing something on Baekhyun's heart, and on his hope.

Mee Na was telling him things about her family, and he never felt closer to her. 

Baekhyun would learn, years later, that Jongdae didn't like the way she was playing with him, just so Baekhyun would buy her cigs, or take some from Mama. 

 

Baekhyun was simply enjoying high school. It didn't even matter that he was the black sheep of his class, because he had Jongdae. And Mee Na would talk to him, even when other people were making fun. (She never told them to stop, but Baekhyun never really realized it.) 

 

High school was good. Even more when he met a new guy, who was a fan of that particular band.

A guy who went to their concert, who grabbed the guitarist's water bottle when it was thrown in the middle of the crowd, and who fell sick after drinking from it. (The guitarist was Baekhyun's favorite member. Jongdae, him, loved the singer the most. They were twins, but as different as air and water.) 

 

High school was cool, for a few months.