New born.

As life goes on.

Baekhyun was born on a Thursday morning, in 1995, sun up in the sky and two little boys waiting for their little brother to finally arrive. One of them, Baekgyu was six years old, and the other, Baekbeom, celebrated his second birthday the day before that. 

 

Mama was happy, he thinks. 

Papa ? Who knows. Who cares.

 

__

He wasn’t planned. That’s one thing. Baekhyun was never planned. He just arrived, one day. Mama popped up a pregnancy test, and it turned out it was positive. 

__

Mama had a pretty ty life, he learned when he was older, but that’s something we’ll come back to later on. 

__

 

Baekhyun, from the moment he was born, seemed to be a really fragile child. Being sick all the time, almost dying one night, when he couldn’t seem to breathe anymore. 

Seeing him turning blue, Mama called the family doctor, and the family doctor brought Baekhyun to the hospital, because no one else could drive them there. The family doctor was kind of an angel. Baekhyun always liked him a lot (he’d always gave out candies).

 

He was sick, a lot, but he never cried. Baekhyun wasn’t one to voice out his pain. That was something that never really changed, as he grew up. 

 

Turned out Baekhyun would be the last child Mama would have, and so his life started as the little one from his family. He was the baby of the siblings, and it was pretty obvious, by the tantrums he would have. Baekhyun was a selfish child

 

__

Growing up, two of the siblings were always together. It didn’t really matter that one of them was six years older, they were just never seen one without the other. Baekhyun loved his big brother more than anyone else in the world. Baekhyun looked up to him, Baekhyun loved him, Baekhyun wanted to be with him at all time, Baekhyun couldn’t imagine a world without him. 

Baekgyu was more than a brother. He was a hero. He was Baekhyun's entire universe. 

__

 

When he was a child, it never really occurred to him that their life was kind of a nightmare. Baekhyun was happy with his brothers, and his parents. He never really seemed to realize that his parents fighting wasn’t something normal. He never really seemed to understand that Baekgyu going out all night even though he was only thirteen wasn’t something that happened in every family. And he never really seemed to understand that seeing his father scream at his mother’s face, and throw various objects at her was not happening in every households. He did cry and scream though, when his father grabbed his brand new piggy bank to throw it at his Mama.

He loved his piggy, he got it the day before that, that wasn’t fair. 

 

__

Life wasn't fair. 

__

 

Baekhyun wasn’t really aware that his family was kind of a social disaster, not even when they needed to get help to have something to wear. Not even when they couldn’t eat for days because they couldn’t offer to buy anything. 

 

Baekhyun was a happy child, or so he thinks. It's not like he actually remembers.