Goodbye, hello.

As life goes on.

Baekhyun was a hugger, with some people.

Sungyul was one of them.

Jongdae wasn't, neither was Minhyuk. It is just the way it was.

Baekhyun liked to hug Sungyul, and Sungyul would hug him back.

They would also hold hands sometimes, when it was really cold and they needed some warmth. Just to feel better.

 

It came quite as a shock to him, when Sungyul said he didn't want to hug anymore.

He could understand that Sungyul was now in a relationship.

He could understand that Henry could be jealous.

He could understand that it made them feel uncomfortable.

But Baekhyun hated the fact that Sungyul, who was the only one who knew how much he loved Mee Na, just decided to push him away 'cause Baekhyun was..in love with him ?

The thought was ridiculous. Almost laughable. 

Baekhyun didn't laugh though, because Sungyul was dead serious. 

 

They never talked again, after that day.

Sungyul just kept him away from his life, and Baekhyun just drowned a bit more in his passions, to forget the pain.

Twice, Sungyul abandonned him.

Twice, and Baekhyun thought that maybe he should stop trusting people.

 

__

He never stopped.

__

 

The school year went by pretty fast, after that. 

Jongdae, Minhyuk and Baekhyun would, almost every day, after school, go to Minhyuk's house to eat crêpes, and laugh, joke around and laugh more.

Sometimes they'd just stay on the parking lot, near Minhyuk's place, talking and talking until 7pm. That wasn't serious. They should have been home. But who could stop them ?

Minhyuk was always the first one to go. He wanted to do his homeworks. Properly.

After that, Jongdae and Baekhyun would sometimes stay a bit longer, and when time came, Baekhyun would turn around and walk back home, some lyrics screaming about love, heartbreak and pain in his ears. 

 

__

A new guy came into the picture, when they started high school. Jongdae knew him. He was friend with him, on and off, since they started middle school. 

Baekhyun knew him as well, 'cause he was the guy who mocked Hanseol for going out with Sun-Hi, when they were in 7th grade. Baekhyun and Hanseol used to make fun of his lisp when Hyun-Seok was mocking Hanseol.

He was also the guy who dated Mee Na, for a few months, during 8th grade. 

__

 

 

Baekhyun didn't like him.

Until he started hanging out with him.

Hyun-Seok was a funny guy.

In fact, Hyun-Seok might have been the funniest guy Baekhyun has ever known, at the time.

 

They didn't really have anything in common. 

Hyun-Seok was handsome, cute, and had dated loads of girls. He would listen to artists like Eminem, or even 50 Cents.

Baekhyun kind of liked Eminem, because Baekgyu was also a big fan of him, so growing up, he heard his music, but his tastes were quite different. 

Baekhyun's walls were covered with posters. From Sum 41, to Blink 182, Green day, My Chemical Romance or Fall Out Boy. And most of all, that band.

Hyun-Seok like to be loved. He liked when girls were around him. He liked to be seen

And soon enough, Baekhyun would learn that Hyun-Seok would also like to have . A lot.

 

Jongdae wasn't really friend with Hyun-Seok anymore, but it wasn't that big of a deal for Baekhyun, really. 

Hyun-Seok had rapidly became his best friend, and so they were always together, laughing without a care in the world. 

That was the point in his life when Baekhyun started to feel like everything was finally falling into place. 

He was, he thought, kind of happy. 

There was always a shadow, somewhere behind him, but at least Hyun-Seok's laugh and smile were there to brighten up his day and keep the darkness away.

 

__ 

Hyun-Seok changed school for a while, but came back rather quickly.

That might have been the start of the fall. 

__