Growing.

As life goes on.

Baekhyun did not realize that his father was a ing . He loved him. Really, Baekhyun loved everyone in his ed up family, so it wasn't really a big surprise to find him sleeping in his father’s bed sometimes, while Mama was sleeping in Baekhyun’s because she couldn’t deal with her husband’s face anymore. Baekhyun slept in the same bed as Mama for several years, until one day, finally, Mama filed for a divorce. 

 

Baekhyun wasn’t sad to see him leave, because it felt like Mama was finally free, and Baekhyun loved seeing Mama free. The hatred against his father appeared around that time in Baekhyun’s heart. He wasn’t stupid, and things started to finally make sense in his mind. His parents weren’t in love. 

 

Baekhyun was still a child when his father moved out. He was eight years old, still having fun at school, enjoying his life with his friends, and being one of the best in his class.

 

Baekhyun also remembered the time when Baekgyu left elementary school to start middle school. He mostly remembered all the time his big brother would skip class to come and see him at the school gate, and the way every single one of his friends loved seeing him come because he was super funny (Baekhyun was kind of jealous because, damn, it was his brother).

 

A year passed like that, and Baekhyun was finally nine years old.

The day before that, Baekbeom became a year older as well, and was now seeing the world from his eleven years old height. 

The older sibling was fourteen (his birthday was in November, so he still had some time before he’d turned fifteen). 

 

Just before his birthday though, Baekhyun had to accept to see Baekgyu leave the house to live in some kind of youth detention center, because apparently he had some troubles with the law ? (Baekhyun knew he was having fun with his friends, he never really knew what kind of fun they had). Seeing his big brother go away wasn’t easy for him, but he knew it was for the best, because soon, Baekgyu would come back and stay with them and he would never be in any kind of trouble ever again. Baekhyun was optimistic. 

 

__

Baekhyun should have known.

For all the time his brother would come home with a brand new bike.

For all the time his brother would punch the wall and make a hole in it.

For all the time his brother was coming back home, a policeman on the left, a policeman on the right.

For all the time Baekhyun heard Mama scream at him.

For all the time Baekgyu talked to her like she was nothing, swearing at her face and insulting her.

__

 

Baekhyun should have known.

For all the time he was playing with Baekgyu, Baekhyun should have seen. 

But he was a child.

And Baekhyun never saw anything.