Light.

As life goes on.

Baekhyun's new friendship went on for months, and then, it was summer break. His new friend, Sungyul left town for two months, and as the new school year showed its face, the nice guy that was his neighbor wouldn’t talk to him anymore. It took Baekhyun months to figure out that someone had been talking about him around the school. And for the entire year, Baekhyun was alone. The breaks between lessons were torture, and he felt worthless. Baekhyun was falling again. But there still was that band, with its music, and Baekhyun grabbed their hands and drowned in their lyrics. 

 

He was thirteen when he found new friends. One of them was a guy in his class, and they talked about cats during PE. Just like that, their friendship began. They were from different backgrounds, but it didn’t matter, because they both loved cats, and so the year started to feel brand new. 

__

Baekhyun was jealous. He didn’t like the boy who was taking all of his new best friend’s attention. He didn’t like how Hanseol suddenly started to like mangas and animes. He didn’t like the way it felt like he was gonna be alone again. 

__

 

Still, there was that music band, and Baekhyun was listening to their songs on repeat because it was still the only reason his heart started to beat properly again. 

 

As weeks passed by, Baekhyun started to understand that the new guy wasn’t that bad. Jongdae was even pretty cool. They found a common ground, when they realized that they both loved a certain band. And just like that, just because they existed, Baekhyun had a new friend.

 

After a few months, Baekhyun reconnected with Sungyul. Their friendship was really different from what it was during his first year of middle school, because Baekhyun’s trust wasn’t there anymore, but it still felt like he had a friend. 

 

Sungyul, as time went by, was becoming more and more in love with a certain actor. Baekhyun started to like him as well, seeing tons and tons of videos and posters in his friend’s room. Johnny Depp became a part of their everyday life, and soon enough, Sungyul just handed him a new life on a tray. (It was wise to note that, at that particular moment in his life, Baekhyun did not have access to the Internet, nor did he own a computer.) Sungyul introduced what was name fanfiction to Baekhyun, and the boy was falling so fast that he didn’t even see it coming. Baekhyun was still thirteen, and was admiring how his friend could write so beautifully and effortlessly about Pirates of the Caribbean. He was so taken in Sungyul’s stories, that he wanted to be a part of it. 

 

(Baekhyun, that year, asked for a computer.)

 

__

It took time before he finally got one.

__

 

Baekhyun fell head down first into a whole new world.

And a new life began for him.

 

That band and his friend's fanfictions were all he would look up on the Internet.

 

For a few weeks.