Letter.

As life goes on.

Slowly, but surely, Baekhyun started to write his own Fanfiction, on a piece of paper, before giving it to Jongdae, and soon enough, the boys were both writing about their favorite band, the one who brought them together, during breaks, and free times. 

Baekhyun slowly started to realized how much he loved writing. How good it felt. How unbelievably amazing it was.

 

__

Baekhyun wanted to do that every day. 

__

 

Sungyul, one day, told him that he was dating someone, and Baekhyun had no doubt about who it could be. After a few minutes, a deep breath, and Sungyul looking for the correct way to say it, his friend finally let the words leave his mouth.

 

" I’m dating Henry. I’m gay. "

 

It didn’t occur to Baekhyun that Sungyul could be afraid of telling him, because Baekhyun was a 100% sure that they would start dating, and he was just waiting for it to happen. It just seemed natural to him, so Baekhyun smiled his brightest smile, and the days went on.

 

__

Baekhyun, at thirteen, discovered what was, reading a fanfiction on some blog, about his favorite Japanese band, An Cafe. 

Baekhyun didn't really think it was a big deal, two boys together.

Baekhyun just loved how they were in love.

__

 

Baekhyun was a chubby boy. It is something that should be pointed out. Baekhyun never really cared about it until middle school, ‘cause in middle school, people were just mean sometimes. Boys would insult him, girls wouldn’t even look at him, and Baekhyun would just see the people around him starting to grow up and dating. Baekhyun wasn’t one of them. 

Baekhyun, in middle school, was not even interested in dating. 

To be completely honest, Baekhyun never really was interested in love, because Baekhyun never really knew what love was.

Never seen it.

Never lived with it.

Never felt it.

Not the kind of love from the movies.

Not the kind of love from the books.

And certainly not the kind of love from the fanfictions.

 

Her name, just like everything about her, Baekhyun thought, was nice. 

It sounded nice.

It felt nice. 

Han Mee Na. 

 

She was a year older than him, and Baekhyun had never talked to her before. He'd seen her, obviously. They would meet sometimes, in the corridors between lessons, and during the breaks. But there was never anything. She was just another face passing by.

 

But she made them stop.

Laughing.

Insulting.

She made them stop, and she smiled.

Nicely.

Sweetly.

She made them stop, she helped, and she made him laugh.

And just like that, Baekhyun was swept off his feet. 

 

He never thought about love before.

And Baekhyun didn't even know if it was love.

But she was funny. She was nice.

She was nice.

She was funny.

She looked at him.

She smiled.

And she was so funny. So nice.

 

Maybe, after all, Baekhyun knew it was love.

 

__

Baekhyun didn't really know what to do with that new piece of information. 

He couldn't talk about it to Jongdae, it didn't feel like they were close like that.

He couldn't talk about it to Hanseol, because somewhere during the year, his new friend just decided he didn't want to be friend with him anymore. He found someone more interesting, and so he left him. Baekhyun was used to it by now, people leaving him, so it didn't feel like it was worth talking about it. (Sometimes Baekhyun did feel like it was worth grabbing a blade. But he was a coward. And he was thankful. Don't jump, they said.

Baekhyun needed to talk about it to someone.

Sungyul trusted him. Baekhyun knew he was the only one Sungyul talked to about Henry.

So Baekhyun wrote a letter. There was no way he would say something like that to his face. He wasn't ready to face Sungyul, and tell him.

A letter. A letter was good. A letter meant writing, and writing, that, Baekhyun knew how to do.

He gave it to Sungyul just before he left school for lunch, and that day, Baekhyun barely touched his plate.

When Sungyul came back, he didn't really say anything to Baekhyun.

He smiled his brightest smile, and the day went on.

 

Baekhyun knew he could trust him.

And so his love for Mee Na grew even more.

For quite a long time.

 

 

__

Baekhyun was an idiot, sometimes.

Even more of a fool when he was in love.

He knew it, at least.