EIGHT

The Impossible | CLOSED.

“Minho,” Sulli looked at Minho softly for a moment as her voice came out to be even softer. Her eyes began to soften a bit and it was also then, Minho took notice of  the change in the air between them; it felt a little more serious than what it previously was. It felt colder even and somehow Minho felt a chill run down his spine as he anticipated to what Sulli was going to say next. In the past couple of weeks, sometimes it was in these moments, where it gotten a little more serious, does Minho think to himself just how easy it could be for someone to like or even love someone like Sulli. She is beautiful, smart, sweet and driven by her goals and ambitions. It’s easy to love her because she makes it easy.

 

It’s also in these moments where Sulli would take a pause in her talk does Minho admire her beauty, both inner and out. She’s a stunning beauty, something completely out of this world, Minho thinks, as he would look closely to her cute quirks to her facial features; she’s absolutely divine and Minho might just be smitten by her.

 

“How long are we act like I am yours and you are mine? How long are we playing this game?” It was then where Minho’s heart shattered just quite a bit. For one, Minho doesn’t really know himself because at first, all of this was just to convince his parents to letting him keep the company but now, after spending the past few weeks with Sulli, he feels conflicted; conflicted with himself, with the situation he proposed, conflicted with everything. And for two, he might just be falling deeply in the mysterious pool of Sulli and a part of him tells him to not let go and hold onto this, whatever this might be, as long as he can.

 

“Would you be mad at me if I answered that I don’t know myself?” Minho asks quite hesitantly. Sulli draws out a small breath and her features began to harden just a bit. Adorable is all what Minho thinks of as he takes notice of the little furrow in her brows or the little pout that’s starting to form within her lips. Minho also notices the small conflict brewing inside her too. But in was that small shake of her head does it tell Minho that she might just tell him otherwise.

 

“Okay. What about answering this instead? When am I going to finally meet your parents and have this whole fiasco really come true? Don’t you think by now, we know enough about each other to put this show on the road” Sulli then inquires back. Minho straightens backup and answers dutifully. He actually finally dropped the bomb to his parents that he actually has a girlfriend some time back. To his parents delight of course,  they were both thrilled to hear the news and couldn’t wait to meet the woman who has swept the feet of their son in person. Thus, here he is telling Sulli about the dinner plans they have for the following Friday and that is when everything will officially take place.

 

Anxiety and hestiance started to paint Sulli’s face and all Minho wanted to do was reach out to grab our and hold her hand, assuring her that it will be alright. So that’s what he does and Sulli looked back at him, shocked but began to feel all at ease together. Minho smiles softly at her, holding her her hands gently, “Hey, there’s nothing to worry about. They’re really nice people.”

 

“It’s not that, im sure they are. It’s just that I’m just scared that I’ll slip up and they’ll catch on; and maybe all of this will fail. I’m just worried about that” Sulli says, Minho then squeezes her hand a little bit tighter while still smiling softly at her. Minho gets it really, the inevitable will be bound to happen and it’s just a matter of time. However, he thinks and believes in the two of them. They will make this work one way or another.

 

“There’s nothing to worry about. You have me.” Minho says quite solemnly as he silently promises himself to protect Sulli with everything that he has. Sulli visibly relaxes a bit, forming into a straight line.

 

“Are you sure about that?”

 

“Of course. Just trust me, yeah?”

 

Minho sensed the hestiance and uncertainty in Sulli but he hopes that she’ll trust him on this as he was one who started this and if anything was bad to happen, he wants to take all the blame and burden because he’s the culprit and Sulli is the just innocent one who got caught up in all of this.

 


 

 

The next time that Minho talks to Sulli again was through text messaging, right before the planned dinner with his parents. He too was anxious about the first meeting of his new “girlfriend” as he has never really done something like this, well formally that is. Sure, he had past girlfriends who have met his parents but those were just pass by’s. This time around will be different, Minho is quite of sure it.

 

[ texts ]

 

Sulli ♡ : Should I bring something to your parents house? fruits? What do they like?

 

              You’re stressing over this too much. You’ll be fine.

 

Sulli ♡ : how can I not be stressed? I’m meeting your parents for God’s sake. Real or not, I’m going to leave a good impression on them

 

Okay, what about this. After I pick you up, we’ll stop by a store or something and we’ll pick something out? Is that okay with you?

 

Sulli ♡ : Okay. Yeah that’s sounds great.

 

Don’t stress over these little things about what you should bring to my parent’s house.

 

Just be yourself and that’s already plenty for them.


 

Sulli ♡ : I hope so.

 

I know so. You’ll be fine but if you like suffocating or anything like that, just tell me yeah?

 

Sulli ♡ : What if I just drag you out instead? Let’s create a scene in front of your parents

 

And I thought you wanted to make a good impression on my parents? Wow, you’ve suddenly become shameless

 

Sulli ♡ : I’m just teasing omg do you not see my sarcasm? But yeah, I’ll tell you whenever I feel like I can’t do it

 

You’re cute. See, this why my parents will like you.

 

Sulli ♡ : oh god, please stop.

 

lol okay, I’ll see you Friday then?

 

Sulli ♡ : Wouldn’t miss it.