TWENTY -TWO

The Impossible | CLOSED.

Minho certainly believes that no matter what the situation might be – Sulli will always have him breathless in each look he takes of her. There’s always something about her that draws him in, captivates him and continues to pull on his heart strings - it absolutely weakens him.

 

Their current situation is not ideal for this type of moment whatsoever but  as Minho saw a glimpse of Sulli walking out of her apartment complex, his breath hitched at the sight of her. Each and every single time, his mind supplies.

 

Effortlessly gorgeous is what he would call it. Sulli is so effortlessly beautiful that he sometimes can’t believe that she is real. As he waits for Sulli, he thinks back to the night before and shakes his head at how bad it had all been. There were mistakes needed to be fixed, things to be talked through, but most importantly, apologies to be said.

 

He admits, there were words he didn’t mean to say but he was in the heat of the moment and definitely him being intoxicated didn’t help one bit. Minho wishes it had never happened, to have the night ending as happily as it started but there’s things you can’t always get. Last night being one of them.

 

Hearing a tap on his car window, Minho looked at who it is – pulling him out of his reverie. It was Sulli – of course it was her, asking if he can open the car door so she can get in. As he does so, pressing a button to let the doors open, his heart once again  began to race rapidly against his chest.

 

Here we go.

 

 

It was quiet. The quietness of the car ride felt somewhat foreign to Sulli. It was unusual for them to be in a state where it was this quiet –  tense and awkward. Usually, in times like this when when Minho would pick her up from her apartment or the office, it had always been lively, loud, and full of chatter. This – however is quite the opposite.

 

Though silence was something that Sulli was used to – sure, she embraces silence, loves it more than anything when she wants to focus or relax but to be in this deafening silence was something she doesn’t like one bit. It’s as if she’s being suffocated with hands wrapped around her neck, tightly squeezing – choking the air out of her.

 

There wasn’t much words exchanged between the two of them ever since she got in the car. It was merely the bare minimum really – hi, hey. how are you? good. – other than that, it was basically back to nothing with Minho looking back onto the road and her looking out the window.

 

It kind of reminded her that time where Minho drove to his parents house and she met his entire family for the first time. She recalled how anxious and super tensed she had been – so much that it led to a small panic attack. It’s much like how she is feeling right now but all so different at the same time.

 

As she stares out the window, Sulli notices the familiarity of the road and where it could possibly be heading to. Could it be that Minho was taking them to the spot up on a small mountain? Wanting to get an answer to her question, she takes in a breath and lets the words come out of . She notices how soft it is – as if she is almost scared to talk but that really isn’t the case. Regardless, she doesn’t dwell on it too much.

 

“Are we going to your spot?”

 

“Our spot – but yes, I am.”

 

Minho briefly turns to her, locking eyes for a second before looking back to the road. Even in that short moment, Sulli felt her body react – heating up just a bit. Then, moments later, it catched up to her that Minho had said “our spot” and surely enough that alone had her stomach fluttering just a bit.

 

“It’s been a while since we’ve gone there…”

 

“It has been, hasn’t it?”

 

Sulli’s mind then drifts off to the last time they had been there after letting out a small sound of affirmation – it was about a month or so ago on a sunny day with no clouds in sight. It had been on a weekend – with no work, no responsibilities to think about, no other obligations but just them. It had been the only weekend that they’re weren’t swamped in due to their work and they had taken every advantage of it.

 

I want to go back to that day, we were so happy. I don’t like this for us.  Sulli thinks as she briefly looked at Minho – her heart sinking just a bit as she stared at him. It had only been a day since they last saw each other but she had been missing him terribly albeit how they parted the day before.

 

Let’s be happy again.

 

 

There’s an unbelievably amount of reasons to attest why Minho loves this secluded place that sits atop a small mountain. The view is absolutely breathtaking - looking out to the vast city ahead. It was undeniably peaceful too. There wasn’t much Minho would change about the place if he was ever given the chance. It’s perfect. It had been more perfect as soon as he shared it with Sulli. It began to hold a different meaning, have a whole new purpose and for that, what else could MInho ask for?

Slowly, it didn’t feel right that it wasn’t right to call it mine anymore but rather ours.  

 

Because for all these months, this place had become a small piece of their very own  safe haven. It had become a place where they would go for practically anything – dates, casual hang outs, or the simplest  getaway from the stress of work. It was their own little secret – simply just for the two of them and no one else’s.

 

It’d become something more than just a place where Minho would go to before to let out his anger - a place where he would scream to the void, letting out his anger and frustrations through loud shouting. It had - always will be a good destresser but being in this place with Sulli, creating memories and having priceless moments is much better.

 

Though in this moment, it didn’t feel like that. If anything, stress was being added rather than taking it away. He doesn’t really know why he brought them here - to the place that only holds happy memories for them and to suddenly have a memory this kind? It felt kind of a betrayal of some sorts. But this had to be done to get back to the happiness.

 

Because without this, they’d just be stuck in a spot neither wants to be in. It’s better this way - to talk things out than just ignoring. Then amidst the silence of it all,

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Truer words have never been more spoken than in that moment. Both of their heads turn to look at each other, eyes lighting up and their mouths gaped open to only close again. There were a lot of things to be spoken about but saying those two words first felt right and deserving.

 

“I’m sorry for acting that way last night. I’ll admit, I drank more than I should have. And I’m sorry for the things I have said - I wasn’t honestly thinking. I....I got so jealous and possessive when i shouldn’t really have. I didn’t let you explain and I was just lashing out because of my emotions. I’m sorry.” Minho looks away from Sulli, hanging his head down low, and  his voice coming out smaller each time.

 

Sulli continues the eye contact and the growing guilt within her hits full force. She was just at fault just as much as he is. Thinking about it and reflecting on her actions from the past couple weeks, Sulli only then realizes it was so stupid to even pick a fight with Minho with the intention of a having a real heated argument and see his reaction. That mentality of hers was wrong and unjust - and she vows to herself to not do it again.

 

“I’m sorry too.”

 

Minho’s head instantly shoots backup, confused to why she was saying sorry.

 

“What are you saying sorry for? You did nothing wrong - “

 

“No, there’s some things I have done wrong and it was so stupid of me to even do it.”

 

There was more confusion on Minho’s face but he kept silent and let Sulli talk. Taking a breath again, she gathered her thoughts and let the words come out of her completely.

 

“I’m so foolish, you know? I tried to get the best thing that’s ever happened to me to purposefully argue with me – and for what? To prove to myself that you have other emotions towards me other than being so loving?”

 

Sulli lets out a short scoff, hanging her head low as she looks at her shoes,

 

“I honestly don’t know what the hell I was thinking. It wasn’t like I was insecure about our relationship, I...just wanted to get a different reaction out of and….it’s so stupid of me to even think that the best way is to purposely argue with you even when it’s already been a clear sign that no matter you’re always going to stay the way that you are.”

 

“You’re someone who’s hard to describe in words. Like really. And I want you to know that I appreciate – I love everything you do for me. I don’t ever want to take advantage of that...but it seemed like I sort of did. I’m sorry for that.im just..I’m so sorry.”

 

“And about yesterday...I have things I want to confess about it too. I acted out irrationally – I think we both did. But I think you had more of good a reason to act out like that than I did”

 

“That guy...you saw me with was an ex of mine but he’s also a good friend. It was the first time I saw him again after literal years and we were just catching up with each other. When you saw me being touchy with him – that’s just my way of showing my friendliness. I know that to the eye it could look a bit scandalous, I suppose but that’s just me as a person. I’m sorry if it came out wrong to you.”

 

“And I’m sorry for rushing out on you like that. But you know, I was hurt too right? And I know, , I know that I hurt you more. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.”

 

It went quiet for a few moments before Minho shifted and was now fully looking at Sulli.

 

“Wow, I’m such a total douche for accusing of things. I was honestly so scared…because I’ve never felt like this towards any one and I just….ruined it. I just...I’m sorry.”

 

“Ruined it…? You think you ruined our relationship? Baby….”

 

Sulli was now confused, sure this is just a hitch in their relationship but to say that it’s ruined is a bit far stretched. She then moves closer to Minho and once they are close enough, her hands gently touches his face to which he closes his eyes and melts into the touch.

 

“Don’t say that you ruined our relationship because it isn’t. It will never be. Baby, there’s nothing you could ever do to ruin this. To ruin us. Yesterday was like a test for us, you know? We made mistakes, we reflected and now we’re here.” Sulli says softly. With each word, Minho takes it and let’s it sit with him.

 

“I didn’t…?”

 

“No, you didn’t. If there’s anything that you did it was to make me realize how my actions were wrong. Not only for yesterday but the past couple of weeks. You were….just being you. Being the caring and protective boyfriend that you are. I took it the wrong way and acted as such. I’m sorry.”

 

A few moments passed, it was silent between the two. Then suddenly, it was just like that, Minho leaned closer, much closer to Sulli’s face and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. Sulli was taken a back because she didn’t expect for Minho to do such gesture especially so soon.

 

“How about this...let’s forgive each other and we’ll reflect on our actions more and try not to do it again in the future?” Minho pulls back, a small smile is on his lips. Sulli looks at him quite wide eyed, still quite unsure

 

“I…”

 

“Sulli, we were both wrong but we learned from our mistakes right? I...I don’t want to be fighting with you anymore – or at least being away from you. I forgive you.”

 

“But...I should be punished more. You should hate me! I purposely argued with you for weeks and you just knew that it was intentional. I lashed out on you last night wrongly...I….”

 

But before Sulli could say more, Minho kissed her square on the mouth. Sometimes you don’t need words to convey what your thoughts might be. Sometimes it’s actions and for Minho it’s to kiss Sulli, passionately and heatedly.

 

“Sulli, I think I might have already love you too much to hate you.”


 

 


 

 

A/N: FINALLY! this chapter is finally out. It’s long awaited, no? hehe but I hope that this chapter meets most of your expectations. lol...if not...well...sorry.  But anyways, thank you for always being so patient with me!! I’m currently on my spring break so I had time and picked this up and finally get it out to you all. As always, please do comment what you think!!