TWENTY

The Impossible | CLOSED.

I’m sorry.

 


 

 

Nearly seven months into their relationship, Sulli finds it a bit weird that they haven’t fought or gotten into a serious heated argument yet. It’s not that she wants them to fight per se but it’s honestly more about wanting to get a different reaction from Minho that isn’t always having him fawn over her with constant affection and care. Don’t get her wrong though, she appreciates everything he does for her, truly she does but there’s times Sulli just yearns for a push in their relationship where it proves that it’s not always ‘picture perfect’.

 

Sulli knows that their relationship isn’t picture perfect. No, it’s far from that and any other relationship is just the same. There’s no perfect relationships; there’s always flaws, you make mistakes, you learn from them and try not to do them again. Though, however, it may seem that their relationship is as perfect as it can be to the eye but it isn’t. It really isn’t. There’s been a lot of talk concerning their relationship in both of their respective companies ever since finding out that not only have are they business partners but are actually dating too. There seems to be a lot of opinions, mostly good and maybe that’s where Sulli’s dilemma ( can you really it that though? ) to start.

 

She doesn’t hear them directly but it does reach her though through Yeri.  According to Yeri, there’s people who envy their relationship as its is quote on quote ‘perfection’ and the ‘embodiment of couple goals’ but honestly, Sulli can’t quite agree that they are those things. Sure, they’re very affectionate towards each other and everyone can see that but to be called perfection? That’s quite an overstatement. Though she can’t also deny the fact that sometimes she’ll get swayed by them and think like that too.

 

That leads her to her point of wanting to get a different reaction from Minho that isn’t always  affectionate or anything that he has shown to her as a way for her to prove to herself more than other really that in what she stands - with their relationship being nowhere perfect - is true. Maybe it’s wrong to intentionally  provoke someone to bring out an emotion in them but Sulli has to do it.

 

Due to that, for the past couple of weeks, she has been trying to get any emotion that doesn’t have him in constant heart eyes towards her but nothing has been working. Literally, all her efforts flop and it always ends in the same way. Minho still having that constant gaze and touch of affection towards her though Sulli can feel his annoyance.

 

More than anything really, because of this Sulli falls a little deeper in love with the man. Minho being unbelievably patient, sweet and not forgetting to mention, caring with her only seems to gain points in her book though she really doesn’t mind it one bit. It just goes to show how much and practically how far Minho will go for Sulli.

 

It’s without the sweetest thing she has probably ever witnessed and Sulli only realizes that by doing this, it honestly seems to be the same thing but intensified one hundreds times more. And so, Sulli decided to just call it quits to getting a different reaction from Minho because it seems that the man is only capable of showing affection and basically love towards her. It’s endearing really and Sulli thinks to herself that she is one lucky bastard to have someone like Minho.

 

 


 

 

Fast forward to a week later though, it was only then Minho and Sulli have their first, real and heated argument at the launch party of their merged companies after finally being known to the public. Their argument shouldn’t have even happened and maybe it was the alcohol that they both consumed talking but it did get the best of them and now it’s straining their relationship just a bit.

 

But before all of that went down, let’s backtrack just a bit. This launch party is quite late to

happen as the merger had been finalized and put to work more than a little two months ago but it had all been under the wraps and unknown to the public. Both of the CEOs and their respective marketing and advertising teams decided for it to be like this — kept under the rug per se — for the time being until everything is smoothing running. It had been running smoothly for the past month or so and it was only then had it been revealed to the public eye.

 

Once revealed to the public, there had been tons of articles being released concerning this. In those articles, there were a lot of speculations and rumors on why have a merger with a rival company when both are doing just fine. It had been quite difficult and tough to deal with them but gradually, those rumors and speculations had died down quite immensely with of course, assurance and confirmation on both their sides  to why they had done what they had just done stated clearly by both Minho and Sulli.

 

There’d been mixed opinions — positive and encouraging to negative and criticizing — but what is a world without them? All they both could really do is stand by their truth and nothing else. Thus, this leads us to the launch party. It had been quite a joyous function - respective elites, new potential and curious investors, and so much more in one place where they can all mingle with one another and of course, get to know the now merged MSC Inc.

 

It had been well..too well. Minho and Sulli were happy to see such a turn out of their event. It was all good. They both got to speak with important people gain more knowledge and even new investors and just overall catch up with everyone. It had been so good that both had been riding on their own cloud nines. Nothing could have ruined it….well….until it did.

 

Enter Choi Jae-Ho, a powerful and successful CEO of the C&C Corporation. Not only is he a powerful and successful CEO of his own company, he also happened to be an ex of Sullis.

 

And maybe that’s where the problem had all began.

 

It was relatively smooth at first, everything was off to a great start and without trouble as Jaeho greeted Sulli and congratulated her for the success of the merger. Sulli was surprised to see him as the last time they have seen or much less talked to each other was more than two years ago. Sulli nonetheless sent out the invitation to the party despite their lack of communication as she still considers him as good friend albeit their relationship failing in the end.

 

Regardless of what happened in the past, it was still nice to see him again and hopefully catch up with each other about what has happened to each other in the past two years. And so, It didn’t take long for them to fall in the same momentum as before — being comfortable with each other and just talk about everything and anything — it had been good to just catch up whilst laughing with each other. It was just like the good ol’ times. Happy and nice.

 

Though across the room, it was just quite the opposite. Minho’s eyes were burning with jealousy and his mind a little clouded — the drink he was holding definitely didn’t help, it only worsened his judgement. He tried to focus on the conversation that was going on in front him, he truly did but his attention kept on going back to Sulli who is sitting across the room from him, laughing and being quite touchy with the guy she’s talking to.

 

Minho didn’t want to think much of it — he really didn’t. Especially not the way he is thinking of the worst possible scenarios of why Sulli is like that with another guy. God, he hates being like this. He hates being so possessive when he knows that Sulli is her own person and he doesn’t want to be that person. But he can’t help, it’s consuming more than he likes.

 

Maybe it was the way he was gripping on to his glass while his eyes were shooting arrows and deathful stares across the room did Kibum or Key to his close friends finally spoke up. Minho didn’t know how to exactly feel but he supposes it’s better than what he is doing anyways.

 

“Dude, who are you looking at for you to be glaring like that?” Key inquires, chuckling as he find it quite amusing if he says so himself. He follows Minho’s eyes where the direction of his face is looking and when Key pinpoints who it is, he can’t help but laugh just a little more.

 

Ah, the classic jealousy and doubt of the boyfriend.

 

“I shouldn’t be even surprised at this point. You know, if looks could kill, he’d probably be dead by now.” Key jokes and really only then does Minho divert his attention and fully give it to Key. His dear friend of his is holding onto his laugh and Minho doesn’t know if he wants to remove that smile of his himself or just tell him to let it out.

 

“Shut up - I hate being like this and yet I’m still doing it. I’m such a hypocrite.” Minho groans to which only Key laughs at. Of course, Key would find his torment amusing but he can’t really blame him though. Minho must’ve look like a fool and it’s probably worth laughing at.

 

Sigh.

 

“Look here, Minho-ah. I have seen this plenty of times and all I can really say is to not let this affect you as much. You’d only find yourself digging a hole you can’t get out of. Give your trust to Sulli, will you? I’m sure the guy she’s with is just a close friend and nothing more. Don’t give into your doubts, it will only eat you.” Key advices, sounding as serious as ever. Minho supposes there’s truth in Key’s words and he should really listen to them but then of course, there’s no perfect world and he’s a guy who makes mistakes and well...he did.

 

Minho also blames the amount of booze he drank tonight. He has good tolerance for it but it seems likes he’s reaching his limit. His mind is quite fuzzy and he knows if he says anything about the situation, he’ll only regret it in the morning but you see, that’s the thing. Despite knowing that, he doesn’t really have control as his mind seems to have made its own decision and his body only seems to follow.

 

Fortunately or unfortunately, the party was coming to an end and people were leaving bit by bit. It was when it was only quite a handful of people did Minho royally up. Sulli had just sent of Jaeho for the night and once she has returned back inside and found Minho, he had quite the scowl on his face and his mouth just continued to talk  without stopping.

 

“Hey love, ready to -”  Sulli didn’t even finish her sentence because next thing she knew, Minho was throwing all these accusations at her and Sulli was just confused and quite mad at how he is suddenly acting.

 

“What has gotten into you? What the are you saying? Do you even hear yourself?” Sulli says, her brows starting to crease in the middle of her forehead; clearly getting frustrated. Minho outrightly laughs at her face and Sulli feels quite offended. But Minho keeps on talking with no self control

 

“Who’s that guy, huh? Clearly he seems more than just a friend seeing how touchy with him. What the was that?!” Minho spites, this time his voice is raised just a little bit. Sulli was pinching her nose bridge before taking a breath and snapping her head up at him.

 

“What? So now I suddenly can’t be friendly with my friends? Sorry to break it to you but I’m like that with friends I haven’t seen in a long time. So excuse me if my friendliness comes off wrong to you.” Sulli says, her last bit of words coming out sarcastically. To say the least, she’s fuming with anger. If that isn’t a sign for Minho to reevaluate his thoughts then Sulli doesn’t know what to do anymore because like the perfectly imperfect person he is, he doesn’t stop.

 

“Oh, so I’m the bad guy now?”

 

“Well I don’t think it was me to even begin with, was it? You were the one who started to accuse me of things and you’re making yourself the victim now? What the is your problem, Minho? What has seriously gotten into you?” Sulli says, raising her voice now too, clearly fed up with Minho’s bull now.

 

“I just want to know who that guy was…” Minho says, his voice coming out smaller than intended as if everything is finally catching up to him. But Sulli doesn’t fall for it, she scoffs. She has had enough. So much of a good night has this been.

 

“If you just asked me nicely like a regular person would do without lashing out then you’d know that that guy you saw me be ‘touchy’ with is a friend that I haven’t seen in a little over two years after what happened back then.” Sulli says as calmly as possible even through her gritted teeth. This seems to shut Minho up for a bit - probably processing what he just heard before talking again

 

“Wait..what? What happened before?” Minho inquires, wanting to know more  but quickly gets shot down at -

 

“I’m not telling you anything when you’re like this. We’ll just continue to fight and keep on attacking each other like cats and dogs. I don’t want that. I’m tired. I’ll tell you when you’re sober enough because clearly you’ve drank too much seeing how ed up your judgement is right now. Until then, please don’t talk to me. Talk to me when you’re normal self again. I want my Minho back. Not this jerk who is accusing me of things that I haven't done.”

 

And with that Sulli walks away as she grabs her things and rushes out of the room. It was quite embarrassing to have such an argument - a fight whatever you want to call it on a night that was supposed to celebratory and joyous. Much less with a few people still people around but it seems like they were minding their own business and Sulli supposes it’s the small mercies that came out of this.

 

As Sulli walks passed Minho and out through the doors, he continuously calls out her name using her name and every endearment he has ever called her but Sulli doesn’t bother looking back, only bothering to get out of there quickly. Once Sulli’s out of sight, the calling of her name softens and soon, it dissipates into thin air. Minho then takes a seat on the closet thing he can sit on  before groaning in frustration and ruffling his hair in the same manner.

 

Key had been right - he had only dug himself in a hole and he’s struggling to even get out. He’d let his doubts get the best of him and he felt so stupid for even letting it when he clearly knew the consequences it had. 

 

Stupid, stupid, stupid.  


 


 


 

A/N: Don’t we love just a sprinkle of angst? I’m really sorry ahah. I just had to include some angst and well this bad boy came out...despite it being angsty (how well did i do?), i still hope that you enjoyed it nonetheless. But don’t worry, we’ll be back to good ol’ fluffy and soft minsul shortly (:

 

Oh and fun fact, Choi Jaeho is actually Choiza’s real name, if you didn’t catch that. I was really debating who should be the ‘bad guy’ or the trigger/catalyst but oddly...he seems to fit. LOL oops, sorry not sorry? One more thing, PLEASE forgive me on creating such shallow company names hahaha, it was quite hard to think of them….so bear with me on that. One last fun fact(?), i was initially gonna have Jaeho be a total flirt with Sulli and try to get it on with her again which then will lead to Minho punching him and letting it all spiral down but nothing was coming right or the way I envisioned it to be like sooo... that lead me to this. HAAHAHA…oops?

 

This angst isn’t too bad though right? Tell me what you think, i’d love to know what you guys think and maybe predict what’s going to happen next! So please don’t be shy and come talk to me!! 

 

Thank You, once again! Hoped you enjoyed!