1. Jungwoo's Route Chapter 1

NCT Otome Main Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yess ladies and gentlemen I'm introducing you.. Jungwoo's Route. Disclaimer! the first part of this story is intervened with Jaehyun's story, read Jaehyun 1-2 to catch up with the events.

Jungwoo 

1

Mr.Jung just walked towards the exit without saying anything, he stopped for a moment and faced me. He said "Goodnight Ms.Winters." with a polite smile then walked out quickly.

I walked across the big marble entrance of the company building but the thought of my sister kept crawling back to my mind. Ruby was going to be so angry that I missed the bus. I understood her worries. Walking at night as a lonely woman was still unfairly dangerous indeed. But I was pretty sure that I would be able to defend myself. Knowing martial arts put me in a huge advantage, and my small built worked as a good surprise factor.

My confidence crumpled to dust as I jumped in fear for the second time tonight. “Lola?” asked an impossibly soft voice. “Oh! It’s you Jungwoo..” I sighed. Jungwoo walked to close the distance between us with his usual smile “Why are you out here so late at night?” he asked and I felt an incredibly familiar feeling, like if we actually had this conversation before. “I can ask you the same thing,” I said looking at his eyes. “I’m just out for a night stroll, my house is really nearby.” He shrugged.

“I was supposed to finish a report tonight but I forgot to send it to myself before leaving, so that’s why I’m here,” I explained in return. “Hmm..” he mused “You know, I can help you with it if you’d like.” “Oh, that’s really nice of you Jungwoo but..” I checked the time from my phone again “It’s already midnight and I should turn back home before my sister starts calling search parties.”

The night air felt refreshing on my skin. He reached and patted my hair suddenly and my stomach did a weird flip. Why does this feel so familiar? I asked again in my head. “I know an ice cream place near the city library, Ruby would forget that you were late if you take her some.” “Woah, you’re so right, how didn’t I think of something like that?” I said. Wait, I thought, how does he know Ruby’s name and how does he know she would be helpless for a cup of ice cream? “Let’s go!” he said with an enchanting smile, he took hold of my wrist loosely and pulled me towards the metro station. I lost my train of thoughts as we run down the stairs to catch the approaching train.

I fixed my hair as we stood inside the train panting. It took my eyes some time to adjust to the bright yellow lights of the vehicle. I realized Jungwoo was watching me as I finally adjusted to the new environment. The train was mostly empty, I ran my fingers through my bangs once more and walked towards a seat. Jungwoo sat beside me and leaned his cheek over his palm folding his other arm. He kept his eyes trained on me and it made my thinking slower. Ah, I was thinking why all this seems so familiar, I remembered finally.

“This is not the first time we are doing this, is it?” I blurted out finally, he pursed his lips and just kept looking at me with the same sincere feeling in his eyes. The wheels started turning in my head, where did I see his face before? I asked myself, why is his smile giving me this familiar feeling of safeness? He patted my hair shortly again and smiled knowingly. He knew the answers but seemed too amused,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter