3. Jaehyun's Route Chapter 3

NCT Otome Main Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun

So yeah, this is where the choice is supposed to bring you ;)) Enjoy the first Jaehyun's PoV.

3

“Good night Lola.” He said and walked towards the entrance but he suddenly stopped, maybe he'll tell me more about his past I thought, he turned to me and asked, “Where do you live?”.

--------------------------------------------

Jaehyun’s PoV

I looked at Ms.Winters' face sitting beside me and drummed my fingers to the steering wheel. “I started as an intern just like you.” I started to talk, “This was my dream job, I still remember the butterflies in my stomach, when I first stepped in the HQ, like it was yesterday.” “I really adore your passion for your job Mr.Jung,” she said, it was easy to talk to her. I stopped in a red light, her hair was made up in a messy bun, “It’s my dream too, I mean to become a real journalist, speaking the truth and telling people’s stories is an honorable job, when it’s done right.” I looked at her again, a familiar, long gone feeling tried filling my veins, I tried to focus at the road ahead, shutting the feeling like if it was a steaming pot.

“You should have so many things to do, and I’m being such a burden like this Mr.Jung..” she started I cut her off with a wave of my hand, “I need to go this way anyway, I don’t want to hear any of that.” I was supposed to meet the board in a dinner, a lighthearted evening. I was already late and they can do without me for ten more minutes. If only I had more time, I didn’t get proper sleep in weeks, coffees started to lose their effect too, how did I just doze off like that after I told her to leave?

I rubbed one of my eyes with my palm and the radio, city 127 was playing, “May I ask you something, Mr.Jung?” Lola spoke, “Go ahead” I eyed her again “How did you become the department head?”

“I..” my past flashed like scenes from a movie before my eyes, I thought about the first time I met Doyoung and Taeyong, the first time she introduced me to Yuta, Taeil giving me relationship advice, Johnny teaching me the ropes of  the work, working endlessly through the nights, turning back home to find my dinner ready. The best possible life I could ask for.

That’s not what she’s asking, I pulled myself away from the daydream state. “I worked hard, I guess,” I said, “It has been five years since I started working in NCT if you keep working hard and keep being frank about what you do, everything w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter