8. Doyoung's Route Chapter 8

NCT Otome Main Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Doyoung

8

The Huang mansion was enormous. A butler opened the door and bowed low. Mira, Mr. Huang’s daughter, didn’t give him any attention as he took her fur imitation coat off of her shoulders. She must be used to it, I thought, but her every move was from a whole another world for me.

She seemed so careful with everything but she didn’t care to thank the servants opening doors for her and holding her umbrella and taking her coat off for her. She acted like if they didn’t exist. She acted like I didn’t exist too. I don’t like her, I realized as I walked besides Ten after a new set of servants. I don’t like her at all. And I really don’t see how a person like Doyoung had ever been friends with a person like her.

He’s a lot more down to earth and, I don’t know, he doesn’t act like I’m an insect when he’s talking to me, and he listens to my ideas, without making the – I’m hearing you just out of kindness face- others do. Ten tagged at my sleeve. “What?” I turned to face him “You’re glaring at Mira” he whispered. “How did you..?” I started but he cut me off “I know she is not very pleasant but bear with her would you? She's not a bad person in nature. She’s just not aware of her ignorance and pointing that out would only cause you trouble.” He linked his arm with mine, his accuracy was kind of odd, it was like if he knew me inside and out. Like if we were longtime friends. “I was not just teasing you about teaching you the ins and outs of socialite Lola. Really, I can relate to your situation, and I know you want to speak out with your ‘Point-out-unpleasant-truths-journalist-instinct’ but it’s really better to just swallow your words in this position. Trust me when I say you wouldn’t want any rich family drama revolving around you.”

Ahead of us, Mira laughed touching Doyoung’s arm. I squinted at them. She looked really studied and unnatural. “Ok. You’re not listening to what I say at all, you’re still looking at her.” Ten said, he held and turned my face to face him instead. “I know just the thing, let’s go have a tour of the house.” I nodded and after giving our luggage to a maid, we sneaked away quietly.

Ten run ahead of me in the corridors fastly. Every part of the house was screaming money. “Where are we going?” I asked but Ten didn’t reply, he just kept smiling happily. “Wait, Ten.” I panted “What if Mr.Kim needs us? Shouldn’t we get his permission before running off like this?” “Who?” he raised his brows “Oh! Doyoung. Why do you call him by his last name?” I shrugged.

He didn’t answer me and walked towards a tall double door instead, explaining “This is the Huang’s ballroom.” He pushed the wood carved doors and they opened with a melodic crack. The place was enormous like anywhere else in the mansion, it would guest more than a hundred people with ease. On the floor, colorful tiles painted aesthetic traditional shapes. A big crystal chandelier hanged above us and the walls were lined with various art and portraits. It was like being in a museum. On the left side of the room sat a piano and other instruments were hanging back on the walls.

There were round tables all around the room but the center was left empty. “Huangs has been really rich for a really, really long time. Did you read about them?” Ten asked. “Of course, that’s literally my job now.” I replied, “But still seeing it now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter