2. Jaehyun's Route Chapter 2

NCT Otome Main Book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Phew... Finally, I'm publishing another chapter for Jaehyun's Route. You'll find the reason why it took so much time at the end of the chapter. ;)

Here we go, (and yeahh, this chapter has some strong regular dream/ irregular office vibes to it)

Jaehyun

2

My footsteps resonated in the empty office. I plucked a strand of hair behind my ear and hurried towards my desk. How can someone leave their assignment behind in their office and not realize it for hours and hours, I chided myself. I knew I needed it to finish the report his weekend and still, I didn’t realize I forgot to send the folder to my mail until just half an hour ago. I switched the computer on and sat on my seat. The cubicle looked so empty. I should bring some stuff from home to make it look like it belongs to me, I thought and smiled to myself.

I fastly typed an email to myself, the office was dark apart from the city lights coming from the windows. Few cars passed by as I waited for the folder to load. It looked so beautiful I couldn’t help but walk and touch the clear windows. Everything seemed so little as I looked at them from above and the coldness of the window sent jitters through my fingertips. I’m gonna miss the last bus if I don’t hurry, I realized. But at the same moment, a voice behind me made me jump. “Miss Winters, can I learn why you’re here at this hour?” Mr.Jung looked at me scrutinizing. His hair was even messier then it was during the day but it didn’t make him seem any less professional. He took his hand out of his pocket and rubbed his forehead lightly. Remembering he was waiting for an answer “I’m here because I forgot something.” I replied quickly.

“Try not to, next time. We’d rather employees not being here at night unless they are working.” He said and fiddled with his watch’s belt. You’re here at night too, said a voice inside my head.  He seemed like he just woke up. Faint blue city lights reflected from his jaw, he looked tired. I wanted to ask what he had been doing but he just turned back and walked to his office. “I suggest you leave if you retrieved what you were here for.” he said before stepping to his office and turning his light on.

...

But something, call it an instinct or just pure curiosity if you wish, made me stand still in front of the glass. The view was somewhat mesmerizing. I looked at the cars passing through the night and wondered who could be in them, where would they be going? Who were they together with? I pulled my hand back from the glass and myself to reality. I slowly closed the computer and looked towards Mr.Jung’s room. My feet carried me there before I noticed and I peeked around the corner of the glass which separated his room from the rest of the office.

There were documents everywhere, the place was even more chaotic then it was during the day. Mr.Jung was sitting on his seat with his eyes closed, his jacket lay on the table beside another presumably cold cup of coffee. His phone screen was blinking were it sat, right to the jacket. I took another step, there was an open fountain pen, dripping its ink on a document. This place needs a hand, I observed, when is the last time he organized here? I found the pen’s cap and clicked it to its place. Mr.Jung turned his head right and I almost jumped out of surprise.

I reminded myself I was not doing anything wrong as I looked at his sleeping face across the room. His phone started blinking and vibrating again, but he kept sleeping soundly. I cleared my throat to wake him up, but it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter