Chapter 8

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] Can't Buy Me Love

The two finally made it to the house party where loud music emitted from all corners of the premises. Majority of the attendees were already inebriated and it was only nine o clock. Jisoo didn't know whether she should be impressed or concerned by the amount intoxicated people at the party, all of it was just surreal to her. It was her first high school party.

The pair walked over to the bar which sat Lisa and Irene. The four exchanged greetings with the latter two offering them drinks and gesturing towards Yugyeom who was hitting on a girl. Luckily for them, the boy provided some sort of entertainment loud enough for the girls to hear.

He crushed a metal can on his head and moved closer towards his victim. The girl smiled and fawned over his display of masculinity. 

"So why do they really call you Big Gyeom?" she asked, batting her eyelashes.

"How about I show you?" he responded, leaning closer to her face.

The girls decided they've had enough of the show and turned away from the makings of live . Lisa looked Jisoo up and down with an approving nod. If Jisoo didn't know any better, and she didn't, but she believed that in other's eyes the blonde was definitely checking her out.

"So you brought Jennie here?" she asked, trying to make conversation with the brunette.

Jisoo grinned and nodded. "Well, we came from her house/ our apartment building together, so yeah."

Lisa bobbed her head, and pushed a metal can towards her. "You think you can handle a brew?"

"Sure. You got an A&W?" The three girls laughed and shook their heads.

"You're a funny girl," the blonde complimented.

Jisoo awkwardly smiled, not understanding the situation. "Umm, I've got to go to the washroom. Please excuse me."

Jennie set her drink down on the table. "I'll go with you!" The two walked arm in arm as they pushed past the crowd.

Lisa set her eyes on the two, mostly on Jisoo and whispered something to Irene.

"People are really starting to buy this huh?" Jennie commented as she followed Jisoo. The latter nodded, and pulled the brunette closer to her, making sure the girl doesn't get lost. She swore she saw a bathroom when they first came in. The ebony-haired girl tried hard not to be swooned by Jisoo's actions but it has been a long time since she was this close to someone. 

She looked up at Jisoo and from her angle she realized that the girl was quite attractive: she had high cheekbones, a very addictive smile, and an enigmatic stare. If Jennie didn't already have a girlfriend, she wouldn't have minded Jisoo filling in for the position.

Based on her observations, she found that Jisoo was exceptionally attentive to her problems, considerate and generous. She made note of this and told herself that it was all part of the plan: make Jisoo look good so that the girl wouldn't need her to do so. She didn't have to do much since the teen was already amazing, but she would never admit that out loud, let alone to the girl herself to hear. Jennie vowed that whatever she's feeling or whatever could she feel was just part of the process, and that's all that it will be.

Throughout the night, the two conversed about the deep aspects of their life. In fact, internally both of them would have preferred to spend the night out alone than attend this party. But, they knew it needed to be done in order to make their "relationship" believable. It did help that the things they talked about passed time pretty quickly and eventually they both headed home extremely glad that they went out tonight.

They were two people who were beginning to change. But was it for the better or worse?

-----

Monday—it was the official commencement of their "relationship."

The two walked inside the school with linked arms, already capturing the attention of the students nearby. They texted the night prior about a plan to make themselves look really lovey-dovey without involving hand holding as Jisoo noted, being considerate of Jennie's conditions. So, they opted for arm linking with Jennie acting like she was enraptured by Jisoo's smile, which wasn't hard for the girl because she did have an attractive smile. 

Jennie released her arm from the link and grasped onto Jisoo's wrist. The latter looked down at the action clearly taken aback by it then looked up to meet Jennie's eyes. This was not part of the plan but she wasn't mad about it.

The dark-haired girl presented the brunette with an eye smile. "Jichu, you want me to give you a ride home after school?"

The question aroused ooh's and giggles from their spectators, all except for a certain red-haired girl.

Jisoo smiled and looked around at the audience, then back at Jennie. She nodded. "Yes please. Thank you."

Jennie let go of Jisoo's wrist, wrapping it around her own binders. "Okay, I'll see you then!" she said, before flicking her hair as she strutted down the hall.

Jisoo rolled her eyes and smiled at the girls over the top actions. She spotted Chaeyoung who stood by a stone pillar near the entrance and walked towards her.

"Good morning!" the brunette greeted.

Chaeyoung glared at her with an etched expression. "Good morning," she said in a monotonous tone, which was very unlike her bubbly self. The girl shook her head and presented her best friend with a smile. Something was definitely up. 

"How was your weekend?" she asked in a more uplifted tone.

Jisoo ignored the attitude, not to be inconsiderate but she was just clueless. "It was great! How was yours?" The two began to walk down the hall they took to get to AP Bio. 

"It was well... on Friday we planned to go over to your place but when I got there your mom told me that you were already out...with Jennie," the girl began.

Jisoo mentally cursed herself. She was about to interject when Chaeyoung continued.

"Then on Saturday, you know...the one day of the week you told everyone we should reserve for movie nights/hangouts. Yeah well you ditched that one too."

Jisoo opened , but Chaeyoung was not yet finished.

"And then Sunday... I called like three thousand times, but you never returned any of them," the girl sadly disclosed, looking down on the ground.

Jisoo sighed, "I'm sorry."

The chipmunk visage looked up at her. "Really? For which one?"

"I said I'm sorry. Rosie, can we please terminate this argument?"

Chaeyoung nodded. "Fine"

Jisoo stopped her saddened friend, turning her body to face her. "Chaeng, how about we do something this weekend. Just me and you?"

The question successfully tempted Chaeyoung to draw her eyes away from the floor and looked up at her best friend. "Okay! Friday night!" she gleefully exclaimed, a smile protruding on her face.

Jisoo hissed, feeling bad since she already made plans with Jennie. "I can't..."

"Saturday?"

Also made plans with Jennie. "I was thinking more like Sunday afternoon...?"

Chaeyoung's disheartened appearance returned. "Great. I'll call you for an appointment," she commented in a dull tone.

The brunette was about to explain herself until she crossed paths with Jennie's two best friends, Lisa and Irene.

"Hey Chu!" Lisa greeted with a salacious look in her eye, which immediately turned to disgust when she eyed the girl beside Jisoo.

Jisoo beamed at them, not noticing the offended expression on Chaeyoung's face. "Hey guys! What's up?"

"Look I've got to ask you something...privately. Just the three of us," Irene requested, pulling Jisoo into their circle, leaving the red-haired teen behind.

The three trailed towards a nearby locker meanwhile Chaeyoung scoffed and made her way to the class. By herself.

-----AN-----

Jichu so mean :(